chills posts collected for the lazy ones

S

sambor

He's on! And sounds great.

They prefaced his entrance with "Suedehead."

------------------------------
Sorry Brits. He said he's happy in Los Angeles and no longer owns property in the UK!

I still love you though. I'm not gloating. Just reporting.

---------------------------------

His favorite TV program are Roseanne reruns! Because it's on 6 times a day. Holy crap.

I love that show.

------------------------------------
He does mean "quarry" in the sense of a victim or person being chased...

a person he wants to catch up to because he has something to say to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Commercial break right now, but here are some other tidbits.

He said he's been dancing and singing around the house since he was 6 years old and he can remember the first song he wrote. Kevin and Bean asked if it was "utter crap," and he said it was close, but couldn't give any details.

---------------------------------------
The same show all five nights? He says no -- even if he plays the same song...

due to audience participation. He says he, at least, is never bored.

He says he will play most of the new songs!

=======================================
A fan just called (named Alan) and asked what he thought of people leaving stuff at his house.

Guess what all you people who love calling these people "stalkers"? He doesn't really mind it. He says most people are very nice and the ones that are horrible are in the minority and they come and go.

---------------------------------------
He sounds splendid! Also, they asked the infamous "Latino fan" question.

He says he has no answer and he's thankful that anyone likes him.

He also says that he thinks he attracts passionate fans because they pick up on the fact that he's a passionate person. He gets the audience he speaks to.

He says people are terribly nice to him wherever he goes. He also thinks the music scene in Britain is getting better. It's more "exuberant." He no longer thinks the England he knew is dead.

He isn't that interested in The Darkness. It's not his "bag," but he has no problem with them.

-------------------------------------------------------

They just called a fan (Georgina) to let her know she'd won a trip to see Moz in Manchester.

She was at work and thus couldn't act very excited. (Like that would stop me!)

When asked what she had to say to Morrissey since he was on the phone, she was like, "He is? Really? I can't wait to see you!"

------------------------------------------------
Commercial break: But before that, they asked what he had to say about "Irish Blood, English Heart."

He said it was a "great song." Kevin and Bean asked if he didn't have anything else to say since he wrote the thing after all. They said that they expected him to have more of a perspective on it since they could have told him it was a great song!

They're gonna play it after the break.

---------------------------------------------------

Hints about the rest of the material? "It's all very strong. It's all very powerful."

He says it's his "strongest, most resolute album," his "best album." He says it's the best of him, it brings out the best of him -- his best writing, best production, best everything. He's very happy at Sanctuary. Very contented.

------------------------------------------------
A caller (Veronica) asked about the Sweet and Tender Hooligans.

He's seen them on VHS and not live. He calls them impressive!

Another fan asks him which has been a bigger influence: England or L.A.? He admits that England may be more of an influence but also says it would matter where he is because "unfortunately, I'd still be me." He is more internally oriented. He doesn't think of himself as being part of the outside world. He doesn't follow the news as much as some people because he doesn't want to be "over-informed." It's "too depressing."

He was asked if he had seen "My Life With Morrissey." He has, but called it "insane." Hey, I didn't know that film ended with the chick falling in love with Steve Buscemi.

Another fan asked if he's ever played Mexico/will play Mexico again. He played the National and it sold out a couple years ago. He "can't wait to go back."

"Mexico" is the only Spanish word he knows! He is "absolutely hopeless with other languages."

------------------------------------------------------
He loves performing because he's unstoppable. It's like "releasing a bull in a pen."

And he enjoys being "naked before the world."

---------------------------------------------------
It's over! One last thing though

Kevin and Bean asked him if while he's on tour, the plants who are camped in front of his house at least make themselves useful by watering his plants.

He joked, "No, they steal the plants."

Kevin and Bean then suggested that some fans need to get down there and plant some new ones. What are ya'll waiting for?

-----------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom