Chili-Pepper John Frusciante recruits Johnny Marr for Solo-Album!

RHCP are the band from hell!
They combine the three worst musical genres of all time (funk, rock and rap) to produce something even worse than the sum of its parts!
Michael Eavis was asked about booking them for Glasto a few years ago and he replied; "No, it's music for 14 year olds!".
In fairness, the singles off By The Way were darned catchy things. Strong pieces of music which pretty much deserved all the radio airplay and commercial success.
Musically (if not vocally), a lot stronger than much of the recent Moz stuff...

funk, rock and rap are the three worst musical genres of ALL TIME? really, of ALLL TIME in the HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE? i mean, cmon, worst then polka???? gregorian chants??? DRUM AND f***ING BASS! :sick: think about all the musical genres there are and then get back to me.:cool::p

Last edited:
Re: Chili-Pepper Flea recruits Johnny Marr for Solo-Album!

I agree 100 percent
the fans are as worse than the band..absolutely sexist pigs
I read an review:.their support act a few years ago was an alllfemale electronic band called chicks on speed
(which I like a lot btw, their biggest hit was covering that malaria "kaltes klares wasser"song) anyway they did opening for the peppers. the journo dis write that the peppers did have to come onto the stage before the support act began to play and ask them to treat them nice even if they dont like their music
but the abusive they did get was horrible...sorry rant over

just as morrissey said in an interview :the fans reflect the personality of the music they hear ..its a nice quote..cant find it right now

so johnny marr comes around...

I find the above statement quite insulting and incredibly narrow-minded.

I love RHCP (mainly their earlier stuff)
I'm a female with a WIDE taste in music.
I'm not sexist.
I love Morrissey.

I was at the gig when Chicks on Speed were booed off and I have to say they didn't help the situation. They opened with a song called We Don't Play Guitars- hardly wise- and gave as good as they got abuse wise. I didn't feel good about it at all- I did clap them out of manners- but they weren't liked anywhere on that tour. Truth be told, they weren't entertaining and they weren't all that good. And let's face it, Morrissey fans are hardly known for being tolerant of support acts are they!!!!!!!

I was also at the gig where Patti Smith joined RHCP onstage- it was an amazing moment and the crowd were blown away.

I personally couldn't be more happy about this collaboration- Frusciante is a brilliant guitarist and I'm a big fan of his solo work. My 2 favourite guitarists...it's a dream come true. :):):)

Last edited:
Re: Chili-Pepper Flea recruits Johnny Marr for Solo-Album!

I'm not sexist.
I love Morrissey.

I was also at the gig where Patti Smith joined RHCP onstage- it was an amazing moment and the crowd were blown away.

I personally couldn't be more happy about this collaboration- Frusciante is a brilliant guitarist and I'm a big fan of his solo work. My 2 favourite guitarists...it's a dream come true. :):):)

Ditto all of the above.

Except I'm male...

I agree. John has some solo work that I think is great. He is also a huge fan of the smiths and he said in an interview a while back that he learned to play the guitar parts of every single smiths song when he was looking for inspiration. I have to respect that!

Oh, and I can tell you now that it will be miles above Modest Mice...
Ah, that's a little harsh. You haven't heard Little Motel or People as Places as People? Sweet.

A collaboration with Johnny, how can it not be good?

What's the betting Johnny is on one track on the album which he got vastly overpaid for just so that they could use his name to get some publicity for the album.

Cynical about the music biz? Me? :p

Danny I hate to point this out to you but having Johnny Marr play on your album actually means f*** all in regards to sales.

The Smiths have to be one of the least heard 'influencial' artists of all time.

It is hardly the greatest financial or music biz move.

Now having someone really crap like The Edge play play on your album.......then that would be cynical.

Not true actually because all the news articles on the web focus on Johnny Marr's involvement. It was obviously a press release so the PR people are well aware of the added advantage of having famous collaborators. This ploy is used all the time in the music biz, it means more column inches.

Not true actually because all the news articles on the web focus on Johnny Marr's involvement. It was obviously a press release so the PR people are well aware of the added advantage of having famous collaborators. This ploy is used all the time in the music biz, it means more column inches.

Oh I'm sure it's a ploy to add some artistic credibility to the project particularly within the industry but I seriously doubt it will have much effect on sales.

Look I am a huge Smiths fan and have been for over 20 years but I am also realistic about the mainstream popularity and profile of Morrissey and to a lesser extent Marr. Simply put if you were looking to cynically boost your sales with a collaboration you would go for a much much bigger 'name' than J. Marr.

Ah, that's a little harsh. You haven't heard Little Motel or People as Places as People? Sweet.

I stand by my statement... any collaboration between John Frusciante with Johnny Marr will be miles above Modest Moss. It's just a shame it will probably be just this one album.

John does all kinds of records, with different collaborators, and this is definitely not a PR move. He has always been a great admirer of Johnny's, so why wouldn't he jump at the opportunity to work with him?
________
extreme vaporizer

Last edited:
I stand by my statement... any collaboration between John Frusciante with Johnny Marr will be miles above Modest Moss. It's just a shame it will probably be just this one album.

John does all kinds of records, with different collaborators, and this is definitely not a PR move. He has always been a great admirer of Johnny's, so why wouldn't he jump at the opportunity to work with him?

Agreed. Frusciante is not just boxed in to one specific genre or band... he just loves making music. Mothers Milk and Californication are 2 albums made by the same band and yet sound completely different. It's the same with his solo work and with his side project Ataxia. His work spans many different genres. And watching him play when he goes into his own little world is just amazing. I can't ever imagine that he'd compromise his artistic integrity just to get a couple more album sales here and there.

I expected more out of some SoloW members here really. But well, some people are open-minded.

I find the above statement quite insulting and incredibly narrow-minded.

I'm not sexist.
I love Morrissey.
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeed in every single word.

Simply put if you were looking to cynically boost your sales with a collaboration you would go for a much much bigger 'name' than J. Marr.
True.

Looking forward to hear this album!

I take it he doesn't stand around with a sock on his old boy then anymore? Progress!

Agreed. Frusciante is not just boxed in to one specific genre or band... he just loves making music. Mothers Milk and Californication are 2 albums made by the same band and yet sound completely different. It's the same with his solo work and with his side project Ataxia. His work spans many different genres. And watching him play when he goes into his own little world is just amazing. I can't ever imagine that he'd compromise his artistic integrity just to get a couple more album sales here and there.

Yeah, releasing 6 albums in 6 months is the opposite of the corporate PR mentality. Just doesn't make sense from a mass-market, promote and sell perspective. He makes the music he wants to make, his fans buy it.
________
how to roll a blunt

Last edited:
I don't like anything passed Blood sugar sex magik . I think their new stuff sucks!

Back
Top Bottom