'Children In Pieces' Discussion...

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
...feel it's getting lost in the other post.

What do people make of it?

I personally was very indifferent at first, but it's definately grown on me. Find myself listening to it more and more.

Am now VERY excited about 'My Dearest Love', (I have a relatively clean version of 'Drive-In Saturday' from a Bootleg, it's very good.)

What about the people who were excited by the demo - does it measure up to your expectations?

The music is wonderful, but I haven't yet taken a stab at the meaning. I love the end of the song. The sharp percussion.

I like the title a lot but not the song itself both for the accompanying music and the lyrics. It does not evoke any emotion in me. The music does not create any kind of atmosphere either. Also what he is singing about seems so distant and far away and irrelevent.He is just telling us about the past.
Morrissey has always said music is just a blast of emotion and you feel something straight away but I think in this case I would feel more empathy if I read an autobiography from someone who was in one of these schools.The lyrics dont provoke emotion in me.

I think Damien Dempseys take on Industrial Schools is better and he doesnt have to use the word shit in the song.

Still a grower for me...although a little disappointed

cossy:)

lyrics not my type..quite strange to me..but maybe just in cause of my bad english..can't get the full meaning:)..
melody..very..very nice..i love it..got it in my head..all time..catchy song

all in one..a nice b-side not more not less;)

I like the music but I'm not too hot on Mozzle's vocal melody. Someone said it sounded like Sweetie Pie which it doesn't, but I do like that bit where it goes all weird at the end.

P.S. I love it when he says 'shit'!

I like it.its not groundbreaking or will save my life,but its a b side,and a very good one,and besides is it not atleast better than more live tracks used as b sides?

:)

I like the music but I'm not too hot on Mozzle's vocal melody. Someone said it sounded like Sweetie Pie which it doesn't, but I do like that bit where it goes all weird at the end.

P.S. I love it when he says 'shit'!

No one said Children in Pieces sounded like Sweetie Pie.
Most of us already heard the demo version long before the finished version.

Some of you totally misread Chartres' post on other thread who was joking about My Dearest Love might be sound like Sweetie Pie because of romantic connotations.

No one said Children in Pieces sounded like Sweetie Pie.
Most of us already heard the demo version long before the finished version.

Some of you totally misread Chartres' post on other thread who was joking about My Dearest Love might be sound like Sweetie Pie because of romantic connotations.

he was specifically talking about the vocal melody. apparently you misread things all the time.

You are not Mozzer's Left Eyebrow, patronising cow.

oh im a cow now? cuz i pointed out the obvious and tried to clarify things to you? all you do it patronise people, kewpie. you're always talking down to people. why you are a mod i will never know.

I don't know why but i expected it to be slower and more of a ballad. The first time i heard i liked it but never thought much of it. The second time i heard it i loved it and i was going around singing it for the rest of the day. A grower i think. Also i like the way Mozza says "shit" :p.

Not for me, I'm afraid. It sounds like a standard Morrissey post Kill Uncle song. When will he change or develop? Remember when he used to be flawless? That's a loooooooooooooooong time ago now. Still, All You Need Is Me is quite fun, so it's not all bad.

Just heard it for the first time and i have to say i think its wonderful - gonna be listening to it again and again....this is what we needed - a great B side to the brilliant All You Need Is Me.

The new album is going to be an absolute classic - cannot wait.:guitar:

I don't know why but i expected it to be slower and more of a ballad. The first time i heard i liked it but never thought much of it. The second time i heard it i loved it and i was going around singing it for the rest of the day. A grower i think. Also i like the way Mozza says "shit" :p.

yeah i think its a grower too , i think after the demo i had huge high hopes for it :guitar:

Tags
morrissey new single
Back
Top Bottom