Child free group

How do you feel about others who are child free (be honest- private poll)

• I think its a choice that people are free to make. Why judge them for it?

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • I think people who don't have children are selfish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I had been childfree! Too late!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel bad for childfree people. They are missing out on the best things in life.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other: please describe

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
Well said alma! I agree completely...(except I neither liked, nor felt very sexy, when I was pregnant!)

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Forgive her for she knows not what she says.

Imagine if I spent the next 100 messages quoting or making up bible passages in reference to threads?

I think its interesting how picky the American society is about children, too. Its like you should only have kids in the 23-33 year old window. before that your a hooker, after that you're a selfish cow for putting your career first.

Oh I don't think that is true...and I live in the conservative Mid West.
I wouldn't say "hooker"...I'd say "tramp," "crackhead" or "misguided teenager who used bad judgement."

Women wait longer now to have children...I don't think it has anything to do with being a "selfish cow."

Don't worry about what other people say or think....do what is right for you!

Personally i want childern- may change my mind when i grow older but i would never hold it against someone if they didn't have childern.:confused: I don't understand why anyone would.

Just the states?

I was asked at Time Square ESPN zone by someone from the UK why I wasn't married or had any kids.

He was amazed that all of my dumb buddies and myself were at a bar drinking and then headed up to a baseball game. I remember he asked if our wives were okay with it. We all replied that we were not married. He was astonished and asked if any of us had kids. Again, we all replied "no". He was beside himself. As stated above he said we should get a move on as we were not getting any younger.

I believe the Yankees won that night.

Well said alma! I agree completely...(except I neither liked, nor felt very sexy, when I was pregnant!)

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Forgive her for she knows not what she says.

Imagine if I spent the next 100 messages quoting or making up bible passages in reference to threads?

possibly Kewpie was commenting on bogdanas comment here

of course she can talk for herself. :D

I think you make your own mind re having a family, I know my sister gets gasps of shock when she says she does not want a family, she is 38 now and def does not want kids, Its interesting people having shocked reactions to it. Mind your own business I say.

Thank you Karin.
I originally said pity some people in the States are also extreamly conservative.
What I'm saying is not only people in Far East or other countries are considered as conservative, also some people in the States have very similar attitude.
Shame some people need to be spoon-fed.

Thank you Karin.
I originally said pity some people in the States are also extreamly conservative.
What I'm saying is not only people in Far East or other countries are considered as conservative, also some people in the States have very similar attitude.

especially those damn babies, can't they just feed themselves? ;)

My ex boyfriend wanted us to join No Kidding as neither one of us wanted to have kids. He had a friend who belonged to it. Although I still don't feel motherhood would ever suit me, the thought of joining a club about it made me a bit uncomfortable. But I understand why people who don't have kids would feel the need for unity. I get tired of the dirty looks from people who feel I should reproduce and find it "unnatural" that I don't want to marry or reproduce. I think it is insane to try to pressure a person who doesn't want children to have them. I knew when I was a kid I didn't want to have a family. People always say I just "haven't met the right man..." I am now reaching my mid thirties and still have no desire for married life or kids so if that right man is supposed to show up he'd better be quick about it!:D

I've been married for 4 years. My husband and I do want to have kids, just not YET. I'm quite lucky cause I haven't been asked too many questions yet by relatives/friends etc. but my mom was kind enough to remind me that we should start working on it because "you never know if you can have kids". I said to her: "wtf does that matter if I discover NOW that I can't have kids or in 4 and a half years? or 10 years?" Geez! :mad: Of course I'd love to have my own but if that is impossible, we can still think about adoption.

I hate it when people who are parents, suddenly think that because they have a child they know everything about the world and start to talk down to you.

Anyone can have a child, its not an indication of intellect

Thank you Karin.

Shame on YOU.

It was taken as another strike on the perceptions of US Citizens. I do not take it that you are anyone to criticize or comment on "spoon feeding" people information or explanations.

Last edited:
Shame on YOU.

What am I supposed to ashamed of?

Carry on picking on me, silly sausage.

I only replied to the thread starter's comment which you just ignored.

You'd better put me on ignore because you're wasting your time.

Last edited:
I dunno if I want kids, I am waaay young to even think about it haha.
It's not selfish at all to not have them, it's just that parents should genuinely want to help and love their kids and I wouldn't ever have them if I couldn't fulfill that. :cool:

Being childless may well mean you have a more carefree,responsibilty free life.You'll have less stress and more money.But you'll probably also be lonelier later on in life when there are no grandchildren.My partner is one of five and it is the three boys that have children.The two women were always career led and never had children.One even had three abortions.They both have admitted how bitterly they regret not having children.Their careers have become empty means of earning cash.They have nice holidays but all their contemparies have children and they realise all the money is pointless.They have big houses with lots of rooms but no children to fill the home with laughter.

Having children is tough and in many ways the hardest job you'll ever have but it is without doubt the greatest achievement anyone can have.

I never had children and got so sick of people asking me why I started saying I couldn't have them. I know it's awful but then you don't have to explain and justify why to everyone. They think there is something wrong with you if you just say you didn't want them.

I never had children and got so sick of people asking me why I started saying I couldn't have them. I know it's awful but then you don't have to explain and justify why to everyone. They think there is something wrong with you if you just say you didn't want them.

They will start telling you that you should try harder. And that you probably haven't done everything possible. It has happened to a friend of mine who really was struggling to have a baby.:rolleyes:

I think it's a free choise, of course it is. But I see people in my family without children, and they... when they grow old, they become selfish and ...bitter. So, for Most people (=not all) I think it's better to have children than to be without

They will start telling you that you should try harder. And that you probably haven't done everything possible. It has happened to a friend of mine who really was struggling to have a baby.:rolleyes:

Well I'm nearly 47 so they don't tend to say it now. Although some people say there is still time. I don't think so! I can barely look after myself some days, never mind a tiny little baby. My mum says there will be no-one to look after me when I get old! I daren't tell her I'm not gonna do that for her. Only kidding. Or am I?

I am presently reading a book right now entitled
" I hate other people's kids"

I think that explains my outlook on children

maybe I am a selfish terrible person...

maybe not
:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom