Child free group

How do you feel about others who are child free (be honest- private poll)

• I think its a choice that people are free to make. Why judge them for it?

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • I think people who don't have children are selfish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I had been childfree! Too late!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel bad for childfree people. They are missing out on the best things in life.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other: please describe

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters

bogdana

Finer Things Club Prez
I like children. Im not sure Im going to have any of my own. I might, but I know I won't before I am 30.
I get pressure from people I barely know to have kids. You're married; why'd you get married if you're not going to have kids? :eek: :eek:

So I found a little website. No Kidding, for people who are childfree. cute, huh? they have chapters all over the world. its like that meetup website. all your friends have children and child-centered lives? want to make some new friends with other childless people?

I wonder if the meetups are any good, but I'd like it if they have forums like we do here, just so I could occasionally go to people who understand and complain about the unfair expectations society puts upon us to have children fast and furiously.

I think its interesting how picky the American society is about children, too. Its like you should only have kids in the 23-33 year old window. before that your a hooker, after that you're a selfish cow for putting your career first.

Only problem is that child-free zealots can be unbelievably nasty. There is no reason for that, there are as many good reasons not to have children as there are to have them.

Believe me... imagine spending your baby's first birthday watching 9/11 happen, wondering whether you've made a very grave mistake bringing an innocent child into this cesspit. :o

I think its interesting how picky the American society is about children, too. Its like you should only have kids in the 23-33 year old window. before that your a hooker, after that you're a selfish cow for putting your career first.

Well they're right, when you think about it.

Also, I can't believe how selfish those child-free people are! How monstrous do you have to be not to care about precious little baybees?! :mad: I'll bet some of them also had abortions 'n' stuff!

:guitar:

Only problem is that child-free zealots can be unbelievably nasty. There is no reason for that, there are as many good reasons not to have children as there are to have them.

Believe me... imagine spending your baby's first birthday watching 9/11 happen, wondering whether you've made a very grave mistake bringing an innocent child into this cesspit. :o

you're right, zealots in any case are annoying and retarded. but they got that way for a reason i guess; too many people's opinions really rubbed them the wrong way lol
watching 9/11 happen as a 20 yo was no picnic either; i thought the world was ending and i wasn't going to get to enjoy my life, eeeek! i was afraid but i still voted for kerry, good work that did :p
Well they're right, when you think about it.

Also, I can't believe how selfish those child-free people are! How monstrous do you have to be not to care about precious little baybees?! :mad: I'll bet some of them also had abortions 'n' stuff!

:guitar:

i have an abortion once a week! they're so wonderful, like an inner pelvic massage! I think I'll go get one now!

It's selfish TO have children. It's a blessing to the world not to overpopulate it more.
I get annoyed the way you're looked at as a freak for not wanting children, especially as I get older. You're considered inhuman as a woman. I don't think men even get asked.
Anyway, I don't like the look of them.

It's selfish TO have children. It's a blessing to the world not to overpopulate it more.
I get annoyed the way you're looked at as a freak for not wanting children, especially as I get older. You're considered inhuman as a woman. I don't think men even get asked.
Anyway, I don't like the look of them.

But think about it, who's going to work and produce things if people like us stop having children? Someone will have to... and even if they happen to have the right skin colour and religion, they'll certainly have a funny accent! :eek:

I was at my cafeteria getting food and the chef noticed i was married. he asked me if i had kids, i said nope. i even said no not YET indicating i may plan to have them one day. he asked how old I was, I said 25 (this was 2 years ago) and he said "Well, you're running out of time, better get to it." :eek:

I like children. Im not sure Im going to have any of my own. I might, but I know I won't before I am 30.
I get pressure from people I barely know to have kids. You're married; why'd you get married if you're not going to have kids? :eek: :eek:

So I found a little website. No Kidding, for people who are childfree. cute, huh? they have chapters all over the world. its like that meetup website. all your friends have children and child-centered lives? want to make some new friends with other childless people?

I wonder if the meetups are any good, but I'd like it if they have forums like we do here, just so I could occasionally go to people who understand and complain about the unfair expectations society puts upon us to have children fast and furiously.

I agree. People tell me all the time I'll change my mind about not wanting children, but what if I don't? our choice!

I was at my cafeteria getting food and the chef noticed i was married. he asked me if i had kids, i said nope. i even said no not YET indicating i may plan to have them one day. he asked how old I was, I said 25 (this was 2 years ago) and he said "Well, you're running out of time, better get to it." :eek:

It's outrageous tha people think they have the right to say stuff like that to women.

Also, I'm not against anyone having children, or wanting children, good luck to them.

Everyone should really just do what they want to do, and not get involved in other people's business.

I definitely do not feel ready for the responsibility of having a child yet, but I think, when I get settled down with someone, and am a few years older, I will be wanting to start a family. I like kids, in general, and want a family of my own one day. Just not yet. :)
As for people not wanting kids, or waiting until their older, thats their choice, and its noone elses right to have a say in the matter.

It's outrageous tha people think they have the right to say stuff like that to women.

Also, I'm not against anyone having children, or wanting children, good luck to them.

Everyone should really just do what they want to do, and not get involved in other people's business.

I can't agree with you more.

Two of my relatives are unable to have children, but the society is so harsh to them.

Some of my friends really want to get married and have kids, but they still haven't found the right person yet.

Pity some people in the States are also extreamly conservative and can't help poking their noses to others' business.

I personally do not want children (I know I am only 71 before you all start!) but I just think I would be crap, I am with all young children.

By the way this poll appears to only be going one way so far :D

Love PTxx.

I love being a Mummy...quite the most rewarding experience of my life...I loved being pregnant too...never felt so sexy as I did with my baby curves!

It is, however, a HUGE commitment and the sacrifices you have to make for your children are enormous...so I respect people who decide that parenthood just isn't for them. I am sure you can have an equally fun and rewarding life with out the little whipper-snappers in tow! I do miss the freedom of a childfree life sometimes!

Love Alma xxx

I don't think anything in particular.
Personally, I don't want children, never wanted, even as kid myself I knew it. The sight of a baby doesn't make me feel all warm inside and I completely lack maternal instinct. :)

I can't agree with you more.

Two of my relatives are unable to have children, but the society is so harsh to them.

Some of my friends really want to get married and have kids, but they still haven't found the right person yet.

Pity some people in the States are also extreamly conservative and can't help poking their noses to others' business.

Just the states?

I was asked at Time Square ESPN zone by someone from the UK why I wasn't married or had any kids.

He was amazed that all of my dumb buddies and myself were at a bar drinking and then headed up to a baseball game. I remember he asked if our wives were okay with it. We all replied that we were not married. He was astonished and asked if any of us had kids. Again, we all replied "no". He was beside himself. As stated above he said we should get a move on as we were not getting any younger.

I believe the Yankees won that night.

I personally do not want children (I know I am only 71 before you all start!) but I just think I would be crap, I am with all young children.

By the way this poll appears to only be going one way so far :D

Love PTxx.

If you are 71 then I believe the decision to have kids is no longer an option.

I love being a Mummy...quite the most rewarding experience of my life...I loved being pregnant too...never felt so sexy as I did with my baby curves!

It is, however, a HUGE commitment and the sacrifices you have to make for your children are enormous...so I respect people who decide that parenthood just isn't for them. I am sure you can have an equally fun and rewarding life with out the little whipper-snappers in tow! I do miss the freedom of a childfree life sometimes!

Love Alma xxx

Well said alma! I agree completely...(except I neither liked, nor felt very sexy, when I was pregnant!)

WTF is that supposed to mean?

WTF is that supposed to mean?

possibly Kewpie was commenting on bogdanas comment here

of course she can talk for herself. :D

I think you make your own mind re having a family, I know my sister gets gasps of shock when she says she does not want a family, she is 38 now and def does not want kids, Its interesting people having shocked reactions to it. Mind your own business I say.

Back
Top Bottom