Child free group

How do you feel about others who are child free (be honest- private poll)

• I think its a choice that people are free to make. Why judge them for it?

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • I think people who don't have children are selfish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I had been childfree! Too late!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel bad for childfree people. They are missing out on the best things in life.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other: please describe

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
I just spent the last 4 days with my 7yr old cousin and damn is she annoying. She's well behaved and everything. She's the only child and is used to getting all the attention so she constanly wants some. I ignored her and she became more annoying. I know other onlys who aren't like this at all. I'm glad my house is quiet again.

Though it was fun to have someone to play the Wii with. I want Mario Cart now.

get the wario ware game,it is sooo much fun, and you can play darts!

Not you.

just a reminder, this thread kicks ass. thanks.

As it was referenced in another thread: on line cutting and waiting in line over in "The List" over in the "Tour" area, I thought I would save the mods the trouble and allow everyone to see what they were referring to.

You are all welcome.

interesting, i think i understand a little better why certain people stopped posting here now :cool:
its sad when the trolls win :tears:

Define troll please according to your standards.

Wow. I just read this entire thread and I'm truly shocked at how so many people see parents. Having a child hasn't taken away from my freedom at all. When they're babies you aren't as free, but once they turn 3 or so you get most of your freedom back. We travel, we create art, we write, we have hobbies and interests -- What part of life does having a child take away from? I haven't experienced this at all.

I know that there is a certain kind of parent who changes after having kids. These people bother me. I meet them at my daughter's school sometimes. They're frumpy and have whining children hanging on them. They look worn down by it all. I imagine that this is the parent that you're talking about, but we're not all like this. Parenthood doesn't make people that way. It's something that was always within them.

Am I starting this up again? :[

Wow. I just read this entire thread and I'm truly shocked at how so many people see parents. Having a child hasn't taken away from my freedom at all. When they're babies you aren't as free, but once they turn 3 or so you get most of your freedom back. We travel, we create art, we write, we have hobbies and interests -- What part of life does having a child take away from? I haven't experienced this at all.

I know that there is a certain kind of parent who changes after having kids. These people bother me. I meet them at my daughter's school sometimes. They're frumpy and have whining children hanging on them. They look worn down by it all. I imagine that this is the parent that you're talking about, but we're not all like this. Parenthood doesn't make people that way. It's something that was always within them.

Am I starting this up again? :[

Nah not really - however I did learn one thing that had a huge impact on me.
I believe it was Pregnant for the Last Time that said that she is not raising children she is raising "future adults." How did that change things?

Well it made me sit down and consider things and I can say that I will welcome the opportunity and challenge when that day comes.

It's rather meaningless to "judge" people for the mere fact of (not) having children. I think you better ask "why" they want/don't want children - you can judge people's intentions, rather than their actual situation (which could be rather different from their intentions).

I personally don't have any, and I don't think I'll end up having any that are "mine" - unless perhaps I start living with someone who already has children. I've never felt the need to “have" a child of my own. I'm sure having children can be emotionally very enriching, and I'd welcome children into my life. But there's no need, for me, to have a shared bloodline with anyone: I don't feel the need to "create" or "give life" to new human beings.

I sit and watch, as years go by(e)...

Back
Top Bottom