Chihuahuas Confront Cougar in SoCal Garage

morrisseychic

Seasick Yet Still Docked
SAGE, Riverside County -- A woman got the surprise of her life when she walked into her garage to see why her dogs were barking. She found a full-grown mountain lion.

Ana Lee Spray, 23, says her three toy chihuahuas were barking so loudly that it woke her up Saturday morning. She couldn't figure out what was wrong, and got up to check on the dogs. When she saw the animals standing guard at the opening of the garage, Spray investigated further.

She ran into her daughter's bedroom, which has a window that looks into the garage, and quickly got the answer staring back at her.

The chihuahuas, which weigh about three pounds each, had cornered the mountain lion. She says the big cat appeared to be angry and began hissing at her and foaming at the mouth.

Spray quickly called 911 and then grabbed her video camera to record a few pictures of the cornered cougar.

The pint-sized puppies refused to back off, and kept barking for about 45 minutes until two Riverside County Sheriff's deputies arrived at Spray's home in the 3900 block of San Ignacio Road.

"When they saw the dogs they said `These little things?' When they saw the mountain lion their jaws dropped," Spray said. "They radioed, `This is a full-size mountain lion and it is not happy to see us.' "

Officers with the Department of Fish and Game arrived at Spray's home a short time later and Spray called the dogs off.

Spray said the Fish and Game officers shot at the animal three times with a tranquilizer gun. The cat then ran, and the deputies and Fish and Game officers chased it.

Spray said she heard another shot, but wasn't sure if came from a tranquilizer gun or firearm.

Authorities confirm officers with the Department of Fish and Game were forced to shoot and kill the animal. They had hoped to return it to the wild.

Experts say the animal was likely looking for food and had its eye on the chihuahuas as a quick snack.
Copyright © 2009, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles

That's too funny! Looks like something my Fox Terrier/Chihuaha would do!:D

SAGE, Riverside County -- A woman got the surprise of her life when she walked into her garage to see why her dogs were barking. She found a full-grown mountain lion.

Ana Lee Spray, 23, says her three toy chihuahuas were barking so loudly that it woke her up Saturday morning. She couldn't figure out what was wrong, and got up to check on the dogs. When she saw the animals standing guard at the opening of the garage, Spray investigated further.

She ran into her daughter's bedroom, which has a window that looks into the garage, and quickly got the answer staring back at her.

The chihuahuas, which weigh about three pounds each, had cornered the mountain lion. She says the big cat appeared to be angry and began hissing at her and foaming at the mouth.

Spray quickly called 911 and then grabbed her video camera to record a few pictures of the cornered cougar.

The pint-sized puppies refused to back off, and kept barking for about 45 minutes until two Riverside County Sheriff's deputies arrived at Spray's home in the 3900 block of San Ignacio Road.

"When they saw the dogs they said `These little things?' When they saw the mountain lion their jaws dropped," Spray said. "They radioed, `This is a full-size mountain lion and it is not happy to see us.' "

Officers with the Department of Fish and Game arrived at Spray's home a short time later and Spray called the dogs off.

Spray said the Fish and Game officers shot at the animal three times with a tranquilizer gun. The cat then ran, and the deputies and Fish and Game officers chased it.

Spray said she heard another shot, but wasn't sure if came from a tranquilizer gun or firearm.

Authorities confirm officers with the Department of Fish and Game were forced to shoot and kill the animal. They had hoped to return it to the wild.

Experts say the animal was likely looking for food and had its eye on the chihuahuas as a quick snack.
Copyright © 2009, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles

That's too funny! Looks like something my Fox Terrier/Chihuaha would do!:D

Your boyfriend, he
Went down on one knee
Well, could it be
He's only got one knee ?

I tried to surprise you
With Vodka
Or Tizer
I can't quite remember
But you didn't thank me
You didn't even thank me
Because you never do

Your boyfriend, he
Has the gift of the gab
Or, could it be
The gift of the grab ?
I tried to surprise you
I lay down beside you
And ... nothing much happened
And you didn't phone me
You didn't even phone me
Because it's not your style
To dial

Your boyfriend, he
Has displayed to me
More than just a
Real hint of cruelty
I tried to surprise you
I crept up behind you
With a homeless chihuahua
You "coo"-ed for an hour
You handed him back and said :
You'll never guess
I'm bored now...

I heard about this on the news last night. Those little buggers have cojones! :D

Last edited:
when i saw the title i thought it was the premise for a new reality show.

yeah, I totally thought chihuahuahs was going to be some new term for cougar hunters..

so much for the potential this thread had. :sleeping:

My two Chihuahuas would do that.

Tags
cougar gilf milf
Back
Top Bottom