Chicago show

If anybody wants to hang out before the Chicago show with a Scotsman now resident in Chicago, send me a message. Just got a ticket - $45, not bad - and will be going by myself. Thanks.

Falling ticket sales

Curious about something. Right now, you can still get tickets for Thursday's Chicago show in the orchestra pit right down the front for $87.50. Last time Moz played, or was supposed to play and didn't turn up, as he was often wont to do, you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money. I'm curious to know if his non-attendance at shows has negatively impacted on his ticket sales round the country. I'm not saying it's correct, and am not being derogatory. It's just an observation, and I'm curious as to your thoughts on it. Have other shows on this tour been well attended?

Re: Falling Ticket Sales.

Curious about something. Right now, you can still get tickets for Thursday's Chicago show in the orchestra pit right down the front for $87.50. Last time Moz played, or was supposed to play and didn't turn up, as he was often wont to do, you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money. I'm curious to know if his non-attendance at shows has negatively impacted on his ticket sales round the country. I'm not saying it's correct, and am not being derogatory. It's just an observation, and I'm curious as to your thoughts on it. Have other shows on this tour been well attended?

I highly doubt you can get out seats right now. Orchestra maybe. Pit no.

I've been to several shows on this tour and they have all looked quite full.

Re: Falling Ticket Sales.

All shows that I have attended so far, 7, have been packed. Even MSG was almost full (except for the floor which was 3/4 full) but the floor is huge so that was expected.
I think lots of people fill the place up last minute.

Re: Falling ticket sales

ticket sale manipulation by venues is pretty rampant these days in the bigger halls and arenas for the last decade. that said im probably a little guilty of making some of those places feel smaller or less attended. i bought tickets to two shows i didnt end up going to and bought one last min for the show i did go to. with the ticket prices there are probably at least a small group of people like myself who buy and just cant seem to get it together to go attend. if anything the canceled shows are probably whats effect ticket sales. i dont know if thats what you meant by absenteeism

Re: Falling ticket sales?

It depends on the venue and city. The Akron show had a fair number of empty seats in the balcony area. Cincinnati had fewer empty seats. The show tonight in Detroit is sold-out with very few tickets on StubHub. The Chicago show appears to have a few tickets left but only in the upper balcony.

It depends on the venue and city. The Akron show had a fair number of empty seats in the balcony area. Cincinnati had fewer empty seats. The show tonight in Detroit is sold-out with very few tickets on StubHub. The Chicago show appears to have a few tickets left but only in the upper balcony.

These are all fair comments. Thanks for them.

The falling ticket prices meme has been a favorite of trolls for sometime, even when it has been readily debunked. That being said this time it does seem to be actually the case.

In the past when I have seen Morrissey, his shows have always (almost always?) been sold out. Even when he's cancelled on me they have usually been sold out shows and on the last two ill-fated tours he had mostly sold out shows. Even on the 2012/2013 tour where he kept canceling, than resuming and adding new dates the new dates tended to sell out very quickly. This time when I saw him in DC the show was not sold out and I don't know if he has sold out any of the dates on this tour.

So either he is playing bigger venues or sales are down from the last two tours. The only reason I could attribute to that would be cancellations as its not like there are has significant deterioration in performance (he's still in top shape) or dramatic change in set lists (he's still not a greatest hits artist).

The falling ticket prices meme has been a favorite of trolls for sometime, even when it has been readily debunked. That being said this time it does seem to be actually the case.

In the past when I have seen Morrissey, his shows have always (almost always?) been sold out. Even when he's cancelled on me they have usually been sold out shows and on the last two ill-fated tours he had mostly sold out shows. Even on the 2012/2013 tour where he kept canceling, than resuming and adding new dates the new dates tended to sell out very quickly. This time when I saw him in DC the show was not sold out and I don't know if he has sold out any of the dates on this tour.

So either he is playing bigger venues or sales are down from the last two tours. The only reason I could attribute to that would be cancellations as its not like there are has significant deterioration in performance (he's still in top shape) or dramatic change in set lists (he's still not a greatest hits artist).

its both, ticket sales are falling slightly all over and he is playing bigger places in spots than before which seems different from previous tours. its also somewhat important to note that i think ticket prices from venues have been higher than in 2013 when i saw him for the first time which is also a trend in the last five to ten years in general with concert tickets and could effect sales depending on the demographics of his fan base and he still has many many young fans. i think if he keeps going successfully playing and finishing tours he will regain some of those fans who might be wary of buying tickets and making travel plans again

Back
Top Bottom