Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administration error

Press release from Girlie Action:

November 10 Morrissey Concert In Chicago Postponed

Due to a visa administration error, Morrissey’s lead guitarist is unable to perform in the US this week. Thursday’s sold out concert at the Congress Theatre in Chicago has been rescheduled for Saturday December 17, 2011. The issue is out of Morrissey’s hands but it will not affect Monday’s concert at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, nor will it affect the rest of the tour.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

Morrissey's ...'ex?'... Lad lives in LA, why not call Alain for one gig? or say stay away Boz, Alain's back:thumb:btw. if I were Morrissey,Mr Boorer would get less paid due to the cancelation andnot that good way to start a tour, so he lost 1 star already around this issue/no gigconcerning all the revieuws in the papers about the upcoming shows

Why do you even bother? I look at this and find it very difficult to believe that there once was a time when I actually spoke up for those who were affected by anything like this. Altogether I only know of one person who was going to go to this concert and whom I feel really sorry for that she is affected. For others however, a whole bunch of nasties, I feel quite happy that this is happening. How times change. :D US immigration are strange to say the least. I once flew to Los Angeles with a work visa and even though the plane with 400 people or so had been fully booked three months in advance they only had three immigration officers sitting there even though there was room for many more. I hope Morrissey has a nice night out with Kristeen Young and the others in Chicago. :)

I'll be gobsmacked if the setlist isn't at least 90% the same as it was in Europe. Maybe a couple of song changes, but don't expect it to be radically different.

OMG YES!!!!!!! I thought I was going to have to sell my ticket. Oh thank you America. You may have made my parent's lives hell because of your crappy immigration policy but you finally pulled through. I'm crying. I swear. :guitar:

He's going to do The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils four times in a row, Southpaw twice and then a cover of Jethro Tull's Aqualung. :D

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

It's not Jesse who can't play - it's Boz, as he has confirmed on his Facebook account. Girlie Action just got their lead and rhythm guitarists mixed up, that's all.

It's a pity Alain Whyte has been given the cold shoulder by Team Moz, or he could have flow up from LA to cover. :(

Ever wonder what the reason is that Mr. Whyte has been given the cold shoulder ? Perhaps it's because he is a disloyal people user and now under the direction of his Manager/Wife he has become just another L.A. asshole with an English accent. All that was endearing about him has been lost. Should have stayed in England. Except they already have his number.

Thanks Moz. You've made my day. The 17th works out much better.

Didn't make mine.

Came all the way from Austria (not) to see the concert.

P.S.: Had no problem to get a visa.

...nothing surprising... sigh.. All Morrissey concerts are "AT YOUR OWN RISK" if you plan something elaborate around him..Personally I'm hoping I will not hear about a Oakland Cali cancel... ..::: fingers crossed :...

The late Notice is Ridiculous, you think Delta is giving refunds for a Visa Error? I think Not! A whole Trip & Costs Blown, Stephen Patrick are you gonna help me out? Get me to Chicago again in December? The Rest of you who don't think this is a Hardship for People who went way out of their way to attend are idiots!

Typical Moz. If it's Jesse that's unavailable, why do you even need that guy to play your show? Can't Boz play the songs? But oh no, better to cancel and disappoint than do anything interesting like play an acoustic show or a one-guitar show.

Jesse is American!

I'm actually able to go on the 17th December!! If any of you can't go to the rescheduled date I'd be happy to by your tickets, including the processing fees.

I need only 2 tickets.

Christine

I am shocked to see how many people automatically assumed it was Jesse who needed a visa. What? All because he is not white, he must be 'foreign'? Jesus, it's 2011. Far, far, far too late in the game to have those sort of racial assumptions.

Dear Solowists,

It's OK.
17th December - is splendid date!

we'll let you know

sad son,

no date is ever "ok" when it's the same sorry set list every single night played by an underachieving band.

we'll let you know

sad son,

no date is ever "ok" when it's the same sorry set list every single night played by an underachieving band.

we'll let you know

Son,

Just come to gig. Full Stop.

we'll let you know

Quite apparent there are a tad bit too many Jesse H8trs out there in Moz Land, blatantly passing judgment, sans merit nor personal experience to know anything about Jesse other than you nefariously enjoy trash talking him. At this stage in the game- since we all know now the Chi cancellation was not Jesse's faux pas, he IS an American Citizen and most importantly, a gifted guitarist and lyricist with whom Moz is clearly keen on retaining now and UFN, so freakin" Zip It would'ya???? I am new to this site and never have had the ill opportunity to be sharing space with so many whiners. Jeez folks-get a life and for christ sake, Always look on the bright side of life.... whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo,hoo-hoo,hoo-hoo!

Quite apparent there are a tad bit too many Jesse H8trs out there in Moz Land, blatantly passing judgment, sans merit nor personal experience to know anything about Jesse other than you nefariously enjoy trash talking him. At this stage in the game- since we all know now the Chi cancellation was not Jesse's faux pas, he IS an American Citizen and most importantly, a gifted guitarist and lyricist with whom Moz is clearly keen on retaining now and UFN, so freakin" Zip It would'ya???? I am new to this site and never have had the ill opportunity to be sharing space with so many whiners. Jeez folks-get a life and for christ sake, Always look on the bright side of life.... whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo,hoo-hoo,hoo-hoo!

sad girl,

Jesse Tobias is the absolutely worst thing to happen to Morrissey's music...ever. It's an undeniable truth.

I'd like to point you in the direction of Mother Tongue and Splendid so you can find out for yourself just how deplorable Jesse Tobias is (if you actually need more evidence other than his participation with Morrissey).

The man commits sonic terrorism on stage with his overloaded power-chord insanity and total lack of finesse or feel.

I will forgive your naivete.

we'll let you know

Did any of you expect anything different than this sort of bullocks? It's only just the beginning, so get ready for..... Will be bringing a pack of HOTDOGS to L.A. Show just in case anyone's hungry for a snack!!! Or if some security shirheads get rotten and just try touching me filth...... Just YOU try it scumbags and well follow your ass home!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom