Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administration error

Press release from Girlie Action:

November 10 Morrissey Concert In Chicago Postponed

Due to a visa administration error, Morrissey’s lead guitarist is unable to perform in the US this week. Thursday’s sold out concert at the Congress Theatre in Chicago has been rescheduled for Saturday December 17, 2011. The issue is out of Morrissey’s hands but it will not affect Monday’s concert at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, nor will it affect the rest of the tour.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

Just stop bitching, for the love of Christ.[/QUOTE]

This thread is for and all about bitching you c***. And for the love of Christ, I would gladly nail you to a cross. Right after the idiot that is responsible for not catching the f*** up with a Visa or for not taking proper care to do it months ago when the lame ass tour was announced without a f***ing NYC show.

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

Boz is the lead guitarist. Clearly this is about him not being able to make it into the country on time. These things happen with the immigration visa process - sometimes things pop up at the 11th hour. Hardly Morrissey's fault. At least they were able to reschedule it on to a Sat night so, I'll still plan on flying out there for the show.
No they don't pop up at the 11th hour unless you apply at the last minute and not have the proper documention/expiring passport ect. If there is a problem a US IO will call you and say we need this document/health check/interview ect and can you bring this to the US embassy in London. It's not like the UKBA, you don't fill the form right they refuse you, keep your money, and make you apply again.
Anyways isn't Alain in LA with a greencard and doesn't he know the songs?

The Congress theater has an open night on friday the 16th, maybe they'll add another show

Didn't this happen with Gary like in 02 or 04! Get it together guys!

Boz is British, so he doesn't need a Visa and can enter the USA under the Visa waiver program for 90 days, enough to see out the tour.
Unless he forgot the ESTA, but that takes 1 minute to complete. Or does he need a "work Visa"? Anyone?
The US has passport control at entry points and if you are not a US citizen you need a visa to enter which for a British Citizen is a stamp in a passport. British citizens also do not qualify to enter the US as a tourist under the visa waiver program and earn money playing guitar for Morrissey.

It's ironic that in the UK the passport agency hasn't been bothering to check anyone in or out of the country for months... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15649548

I remember meeting Boz years ago when he'd just started working with Morrissey, he said one of the nice things about being Morrissey's guitarist was that he now had people to carry his guitars, tune them, sound check etc whereas before he'd had to drive the van, lug his own gear round and set up for himself.

I would have thought that one of the other advantages was that someone in management sorts out the paperwork for the tour... Still, what's new about Morrissey having bobbins management - they haven't been able to announce a decent tour for years, rather we get a drip, drip, drip of dates announced that eventually turns into a half arsed tour.

My heart goes out to those who have missed the show - to those who have taken time off work, travelled, paid for hotels...

Dave

Could Moz not hire in Johnny Marr to fill the gap, and he could only play the good Moz solo songs and skip half of the newer crap.

Could Moz not hire in Johnny Marr to fill the void? Johnny could play the good Moz solo songs and skip half of the newest crap songs.
Heeheheheh.

no one should enter your country until you stop killing baby seals.

No one should enter your country until your stop killing Muslims

jerks. i'm traveling from toronto for this. ticketfly has a no refund policy. thanks for nothing. this has only ever happened one other time in my life in 20 years of concert-going. guess who it was the other time? yeah, morrissey. never again.

Just stop bitching, for the love of Christ.

This thread is for and all about bitching you c***. And for the love of Christ, I would gladly nail you to a cross. Right after the idiot that is responsible for not catching the f*** up with a Visa or for not taking proper care to do it months ago when the lame ass tour was announced without a f***ing NYC show.[/QUOTE]

Ah, poor baby. Moz wouldn't come to New York this tour, so time to throw your toys out of the pram. Spare a thought for all the fans in Australia - the fans in Canada - the fans in Japan.
You East Coast USA fans have been spoiled rotten over the last decade. Unfortunately you now seem to think you have some kind of entitlement for Morrissey to play in your backyard.

Get a grip. Shit happens. Deal with it. Move on.

jerks. i'm traveling from toronto for this. ticketfly has a no refund policy. thanks for nothing. this has only ever happened one other time in my life in 20 years of concert-going. guess who it was the other time? yeah, morrissey. never again.

in the forum this info was posted:
To anyone in need of refunding your Chicago tickets, mail them to Ticketfly Attn Returns - PO Box 78026 - San Francisco, 94107..you should call first at 877-4-FLY-TIX so they note your account..

Morrissey's ...'ex?'... Lad lives in LA, why not call Alain for one gig? or say stay away Boz, Alain's back:thumb:btw. if I were Morrissey,Mr Boorer would get less paid due to the cancelation andnot that good way to start a tour, so he lost 1 star already around this issue/no gigconcerning all the revieuws in the papers about the upcoming shows

no one should enter your country until you stop killing baby seals.

Actually people should go to Canada to speak out about the killing of baby seals. Do you really think boycotting going to Canada actually makes the Canadian government do anything? Of course not. People with a voice should go there and speak out.

I thought it was a bit odd Jesse having a Visa problem, he is from USA, who wouldn't even need one.

Unless you're an American Indian then you are descended from an immigrant. Moron!

Sad son,

Actually, recent information shows that the original occupants of North America weren't American Indians (Native Americans) as widely believed but rather people originally from Northern Europe.

we'll let you know

It's not Jesse who can't play - it's Boz, as he has confirmed on his Facebook account. Girlie Action just got their lead and rhythm guitarists mixed up, that's all.

It's a pity Alain Whyte has been given the cold shoulder by Team Moz, or he could have flow up from LA to cover. :(

sad son,

What makes you think Alain would want to play the garbage Jesse has written for Moz?

we'll let you know

If the blown out gig had been scheduled for LA and Alain was free and could be arsed...possibly. But a trip across country on a couple of days notice, with a half unfamiliar set-list - it's nice to dream, but it probably would have been a clusterf*** of mayhemic proportions.

Boz, if you're reading this, I know a very good coyote that can get you in the US for a very nominal fee. Lemme know! :guitar:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom