Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administration error

Press release from Girlie Action:

November 10 Morrissey Concert In Chicago Postponed

Due to a visa administration error, Morrissey’s lead guitarist is unable to perform in the US this week. Thursday’s sold out concert at the Congress Theatre in Chicago has been rescheduled for Saturday December 17, 2011. The issue is out of Morrissey’s hands but it will not affect Monday’s concert at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, nor will it affect the rest of the tour.

Last edited:
What makes people think he has been here (Chicago) for weeks or days? Or That he likes this city? Not being a jerk just a little outta touch and badly hope he will come in December. Looking for hoe I guess.

As some here know, I have been doing this for MANY, MANY years. Not to the extent of some, but I'm closing in on 60 shows. And of those roughly 60 shows (75% of which required air travel) this is my 6th cancellation/postponement.
  • YES, it sucks.
  • YES, it hurts.
  • YES, anger is the first emotion. (i.e. "I will never travel to see Moz again!" and/or "I'm out *x amount* of money")
  • YES, sadness is the next emotion (i.e. "boo hoo, poor me")
  • YES, booze is the next step (ahhhhhhh................)
  • Then you get over it.
It'll be okay. In 5 weeks, you'll forget this hiccup over happened. (hopefully... there is always that 5-10% chance that you're gonna get f***ed again.) That's the risk you assume being a die-hard.

Also, could anyone link me to Boz's facebook? I cant seem to locate.

Well I'm for one glad that Oakland won't be the last US tour date now. Hopefull now the pit in Oakland won't be reminiscent of the Palladium and I won't be smashed to bits!

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

It'll be okay. In 5 weeks, you'll forget this hiccup over happened. (hopefully... there is always that 5-10% chance that you're gonna get f***ed again.) That's the risk you assume being a die-hard.

You "Irregular Regulars" need to Get A Life!

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

What makes people think he has been here (Chicago) for weeks or days? Or That he likes this city? Not being a jerk just a little outta touch and badly hope he will come in December. Looking for hoe I guess.

He was spotted in Chicago about a week ago, I believe by a radio DJ... it was on Twitter somewhere. And he shot a video (was it Glamorous Glue?) there back in 1992. And others think the title of "The Loop" was named after Chicago.

Those are the reasons, at the top of my head.

Chicago is the Walker brothers' hometown... I'm sure that the morons suggesting that Moz "won't bother" stopping in Chicago on his way home after Mexico aren't even aware of that. I think it's a blessing in disguise and that the December show will be an epic blast of a tour-closer, with the brothers smashing their way through some specially adjusted set-list... think on.

Good to read some positive visualization on here, especially on the main page. Will definitely be looking for Youtube video of that December Chicago show.

Morrissey was probably hanging out in the windy city a few days early with his rhythm section waiting for Bozman to come over when the bad news about the visa came through.
Drama queens everywhere.

Chicago is the Walker brothers' hometown... I'm sure that the morons suggesting that Moz "won't bother" stopping in Chicago on his way home after Mexico aren't even aware of that. I think it's a blessing in disguise and that the December show will be an epic blast of a tour-closer, with the brothers smashing their way through some specially adjusted set-list... think on.

First Morrissey doesn't schedule any East coast dates, forcing us to opt to get tickets, hotel and air tix for Chgo. then pull a stunt like this? No one going to a Morrissee concert goes to see his band. They go for Morrissey. I'm just pissed cause it's the f***ing fault of the asshole who didn't get his shit together properly for this tour. Him and the manager are assholes who don't care about fans and have abused their positions. Fire both of these idiots. He doesn't deserve to play the first night then, get a f%$ing replacement so many fans aren't screwed. This is incredibly rude. I'm done with Morrissey now. f*** you. I'm selling my tix for what was going to be the last show in Oakland now too. You suck. I hope you never reunite with Marr. You don't deserve him.

f*** you Morrissey. You couldn't replace your asshole guitarist for one f***ing show? Now we are f***ed with airfare, hotel etc. in Chgo. because you couldn't get it together to play one f***ing show on the East coast. Thanks a lot you jerk.

f*** you Morrissey. You couldn't replace your asshole guitarist for one f***ing show? Now we are f***ed with airfare, hotel etc. in Chgo. because you couldn't get it together to play one f***ing show on the East coast. Thanks a lot you jerk.

Charming. We need more people like you.

Being a mad enough fan that you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on air tickets and hotels, travelling hundreds or thousands of miles to see Morrissey is a good thing - BUT - you have to accept that you are taking a risk. Any show could potentially get cancelled due to illness, bad weather, and general other assorted f*** ups. Yes - it's a shame, but 1) Morrissey isn't in the habit of cancelling shows just to piss his fanbase off, and 2) you chose to put yourself in this situation. Morrissey never forced you to buy a ticket for a show that was nowhere near you. Accidents happen. Get a grip, and move on to the next gig - or wait till he plays your home town. Just stop bitching, for the love of Christ.

Being a mad enough fan that you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on air tickets and hotels, travelling hundreds or thousands of miles to see Morrissey is a good thing - BUT - you have to accept that you are taking a risk. Any show could potentially get cancelled due to illness, bad weather, and general other assorted f*** ups. Yes - it's a shame, but 1) Morrissey isn't in the habit of cancelling shows just to piss his fanbase off, and 2) you chose to put yourself in this situation. Morrissey never forced you to buy a ticket for a show that was nowhere near you. Accidents happen. Get a grip, and move on to the next gig - or wait till he plays your home town. Just stop bitching, for the love of Christ.

Well if Morrissey were sick or bad weather stopped a show I would accept that and deal with it but that is not the case here. When you launch a tour, you make damn sure certain things are in order and you do it for your fans. This is not an acceptable excuse. For one show, Morrissey could have gotten a replacement and NO ONE would have cared. We would have dealt with that and still manage to have a great time.

Finding a replacement guitarist is one thing, getting them to learn 20 or so songs and then rehearsing them with the band until they are up to performance standard is another.Flying over from London in less than 12 hours, can't get Dec 17 off work, this is a tad annoying. So anything good to do in Chicago on a Thursday night?

Finding a replacement guitarist is one thing, getting them to learn 20 or so songs and then rehearsing them with the band until they are up to performance standard is another.Flying over from London in less than 12 hours, can't get Dec 17 off work, this is a tad annoying. So anything good to do in Chicago on a Thursday night?

I can take you to the gay bar where my friends spotted Morrissey last week.

Boz is British, so he doesn't need a Visa and can enter the USA under the Visa waiver program for 90 days, enough to see out the tour.
Unless he forgot the ESTA, but that takes 1 minute to complete. Or does he need a "work Visa"? Anyone?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom