Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administration error

Press release from Girlie Action:

November 10 Morrissey Concert In Chicago Postponed

Due to a visa administration error, Morrissey’s lead guitarist is unable to perform in the US this week. Thursday’s sold out concert at the Congress Theatre in Chicago has been rescheduled for Saturday December 17, 2011. The issue is out of Morrissey’s hands but it will not affect Monday’s concert at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, nor will it affect the rest of the tour.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

That's the problem with immigrants. America for Americans

Little late notice Moz

f*** moz. last tour I flew to atlanta and he was 'ill.' now there's visa problems after the show was announced months ago. I saw the smiths, guess that was enough, you've lost a big fan, dickhead.

f*** moz. last tour i flew to atlanta and he was 'ill' now a visa problem after the show was announced months ago? saw the smiths, my heart is full, f*** moz you've lost a big fan

Oh well only 27 years to see you play. Wont come to Canada cause of seals and now hates American burgers.....way to eff up my week.... LMAO

So lame, blame it on Obama......from the Cliffs of Moher........KMA

For those of you that are flying into Chicago from out of town like myself. The moz/smiths tribute band The Handsome Devilzs will still be doing their aftershow at Debonier. They are amazing. I highly recommend you check them out.

I can't believe I fell for this, despite all the warnings, and booked non-refundable airfare for a Morrissey concert.

It's not Jesse who can't play - it's Boz, as he has confirmed on his Facebook account. Girlie Action just got their lead and rhythm guitarists mixed up, that's all.

It's a pity Alain Whyte has been given the cold shoulder by Team Moz, or he could have flow up from LA to cover. :(

The good news for Chicagans is that what was going to be the tepid first show will now be the crazy, off the hook, stagerushapalooza last show.

I am completely devastated. This was going to be my very first concert..I'd been counting down the days. I needed something in my life to look forward to..to cling to. I'ts just so sad..hopefully I'll be up by December. At this rate I just dont know.

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

I am completely devastated. This was going to be my very first concert..I'd been counting down the days. I needed something in my life to look forward to..to cling to. I'ts just so sad..hopefully I'll be up by December. At this rate I just dont know.

Oh please, if this is your very first concert you are probably still a teenager. Get over yourself. Shit happens! He didn't CANCEL the show, you just have to wait another month. You will probably live. Your lucky you're even going. Go to a Bieber concert instead and I will take your ticket and see Moz.

LOL. You'll live, Brenda. And, when you get old like us, you'll realize a month feels like five minutes.

These things happen.....A Saturday night will be better anyway and with it being the last show, I just know Morrissey will make it especially wonderful ;) Can't wait!! (but will)

f*** moz. last tour I flew to atlanta and he was 'ill.' now there's visa problems after the show was announced months ago. I saw the smiths, guess that was enough, you've lost a big fan, dickhead.

Obviously not a "big" fan. Yes Moz can be both unpredictable and downright predictable at times. BUT if you have not seen him since The Smiths then you are jumping to a conclusion you should rethink. Shit happen - a true Moz fan would not be too surprised. Just listen to more Morrissey and wait till December! Come on December!!!

You can't have liked Morrissey much to begin with if all it takes is a postponed concert to stop being a fan. No loss. I'm sure he'll get over it and I'd venture to say so will you :)

Boz runs the stage show -- not surprising Morrissey would cancel a gig if he couldn't make it. Feel sorry for Chicago fans, though. He likes the city, though, even shot one of his videos there -- he'll make it up to you.Tokyo, on the other hand...

Go to a Bieber concert instead and I will take your ticket and see Moz.

But she might get knocked up. :tears: :p

I can't believe I fell for this, despite all the warnings, and booked non-refundable airfare for a Morrissey concert.

Think of it as initiation.

f f*** moz you've lost a big fan

Oh man... what's he gonna do without you? Crap.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom