Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administration error

Press release from Girlie Action:

November 10 Morrissey Concert In Chicago Postponed

Due to a visa administration error, Morrissey’s lead guitarist is unable to perform in the US this week. Thursday’s sold out concert at the Congress Theatre in Chicago has been rescheduled for Saturday December 17, 2011. The issue is out of Morrissey’s hands but it will not affect Monday’s concert at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, nor will it affect the rest of the tour.

Last edited:
Thanks Moz. You've made my day. The 17th works out much better.

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

boz is NOT replaceable. i just hope Moz is not too tired/fed up at the end of the tour to cancel Chicago. I am really looking forward to seeing him again.

The trouble with Moz gigs is fans travel thousands of miles to them - be it US to UK or vice versa. I am in the UK and have to lose my air fare because I can't make the new date. No fault of anyone I guess but it still sux.

Re: Article: Chicago (Nov. 10) concert postponed to Dec. 17 due to a visa administrat

That's the problem with immigrants. America for Americans

Little late notice Moz

Unless you're an American Indian then you are descended from an immigrant. Moron!

Am so sad will not get to see Jessie until December. Was really looking forward to chatting with him before or after the show. We were friends in Austin and did bookings for Mother Tongue. Oh well another month is no biggie and Saturday IS actually better!

I would expect better from Morrissey. What an ignorant staff he must have. They can't even figure out how to get the necessary visas? Or is this just a lame excuse for him not to perform.....

I couldnt agree more!!! Getting even more excited for it now that it's at the end of the North American run. Maybe this will get him to even add another date or two??? I hope so!

You are all delusional if you actually think he's going to make one stop in Chicago after Mexico before heading back.

I can't help but think how much this delay is going to cost in £'s. I hope he is covered by insurance for such an eventuality.

That's the problem with immigrants. America for Americans

Little late notice

SHUT THE f*** UP! IF YOUR NOT A FAN GET OFF THE SITE!

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before. If you're not pissed, you've never been through this with him. If you people actually think he's coming back to Chicago for one stop after playing Mexico, then you're on an Interesting Drug. With visas, I know these things take time, but it's always something with him. I'm truly disappinted, and sorry doesn't help us. This joke isn't funny anymore, Morrissey; you were good in your time, but I know it's over. How can anybody possibly know how I feel, I am hating for loving!! I want the one I can't have, and it's driving me mad.

Press have picked up the news -http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-morrissey-concert-postponed-20111108,0,979722.story

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before. If you're not pissed, you've never been through this with him. If you people actually think he's coming back to Chicago for one stop after playing Mexico, then you're on an Interesting Drug. With visas, I know these things take time, but it's always something with him. I'm truly disappinted, and sorry doesn't help us. This joke isn't funny anymore, Morrissey; you were good in your time, but I know it's over. How can anybody possibly know how I feel, I am hating for loving!! I want the one I can't have, and it's driving me mad.

*cringe*

Typical Moz. If it's Jesse that's unavailable, why do you even need that guy to play your show? Can't Boz play the songs? But oh no, better to cancel and disappoint than do anything interesting like play an acoustic show or a one-guitar show.

Agreed.

Not witty. Perhaps Moz has moved to Chicago, rumor has it he;s been here 8 weeks leading up to the non show in Chicago

Aw, - was looking forward to the big show on Thursday! Can't wait for December now, but waiting in line is going to be a lot colder!Morrissey has been in Chicago now since last Wednesday or Thursday, I'm sure he's disappointed as well that the show has been postponed. Rehearsals for the tour started lasted Thursday or Friday. Hope he's enjoyed Chicago in the fall though - it's been nice until this week's rains.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom