Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre (Nov. 25, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Glamorous Glue / The Bullfighter Dies / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I'm Not Sorry / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Home Is A Question Mark / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You // Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by Famous when dead. Order corrected by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Should also note that Who Will Protect Us sounds great live, much better than Ganglord ever has. The video was also was not as graphic as the one played for Ganglord. Big improvement to the setlist.

Well, we have confirmation from his sycophantic nephew, so he must be telling the truth! Maybe there were translation issues in the interview. In German and um... Plain English.

I'm just spitballing here, but assuming Morrissey answered in email as he does now, and the journalist translated that to German, and what we are reading is their German translation translated to English, that doesn't exactly smack of an airtight translation. I do not doubt that he said something scandalous, but I wouldn't count on the details of this particular translation of a translation to hold up in court.

I'm just spitballing here, but assuming Morrissey answered in email as he does now, and the journalist translated that to German, and what we are reading is their German translation translated to English, that doesn't exactly smack of an airtight translation. I do not doubt that he said something scandalous, but I wouldn't count on the details of this particular translation of a translation to hold up in court.
It was in person. Same with the one just printed today.

It was in person. Same with the one just printed today.

comments here go nowhere. He's probably still in Chicago, someone should just go over to his hotel and ask him any questions they want.

:cool:

comments here go nowhere. He's probably still in Chicago, someone should just go over to his hotel and ask him any questions they want.

:cool:
Such as "Hey big guy, you doing ok? Would you like some cocoa? You're making a lot of people sad and you don't seem like yourself."

Well I haven't heard what people thought of "Who Will Protect Us..." live. First time it was played live, correct? Good? Bad? I know it's an obscure detail to ask on a concert review thread.... ;)

I wasn't looking to attend the show but bought a ticket cheap at the last minute and I'm glad I did. I've seen Moz 28 times but I can say that this show was in the top 15. Jack the Ripper was worth the price of admission alone. I'm Not Sorry, GlamGlue & Munich were pure joy to hear. I'll admit some of the new songs fell flat (Spent is much worse live) but Jacky & Home were much better than on record. Moz was in fine form with the stage banter and squeals.

It was 20 years ago that Moz last played the Riv. I was at that show and he took ill and left after 30 minutes. He was booed from all corners and the band made quick exit to the bus. It's nice to see he's "recovered" since then.

Well I haven't heard what people thought of "Who Will Protect Us..." live. First time it was played live, correct? Good? Bad? I know it's an obscure detail to ask on a concert review thread.... ;)

I'm not a fan of the song but it was more impassioned than on the record.

My friend and I both smiled when we heard the siren sample and immediately got excited they were playing that song. For me, it was the highlight of the night. It’s really an honor to be at a show where Morrissey performs a song (a GREAT ONE, I might add...) for the first time for the fans. Best song of the night and I’ll never forget it.

Have to love California people who come early to wait in line, make a list, disappear for 6 hours, and feel their list is more important than the rest that have been made and bully their way back to the front.

There was only 2 or 3 people from California in the first 10-15 people in line. No one left the line for 6 hours, most came between 5am-10am to queue and did not leave for more than a reasonable amount of time for the bathroom or to eat... don't project false elitism towards those who lined up earlier than you. Get there at 5 or 6am next time and communicate with your fellow fans instead of assuming lies and spreading them. This show, as far as the queue goes, was the most fair and non-authoritarian I've experienced as opposed to past shows in other tours.

Someones from California with their queues and ques.

There was only 2 or 3 people from California in the first 10-15 people in line. No one left the line for 6 hours, most came between 5am-10am to queue and did not leave for more than a reasonable amount of time for the bathroom or to eat... don't project false elitism towards those who lined up earlier than you. Get there at 5 or 6am next time and communicate with your fellow fans instead of assuming lies and spreading them. This show, as far as the queue goes, was the most fair and non-authoritarian I've experienced as opposed to past shows in other tours.

Hmm 15 hours waiting

An actual great setlist, not sure how he finds it so hard to compose a decent one with such an immense back catalogue.

When was the last live performance of ‘we hate it when our friends become sucessful’?

Details please
I tried to get there early so that I could be in the front, but sadly, I was about 4-5 people from the front. It was the closest I've EVER been to Morrissey, so I was happy about that. However, I was taken aback at the start of the show when the lights went dark and there was a MAD RUSH of people shoving their way to the front. Even this mother and daughter that I was having a polite conversation with while waiting for the show to being clawed and grabbed their way through my friend and I in order to get in front of us...What the ef is wrong with you people?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom