Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre (Nov. 25, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Glamorous Glue / The Bullfighter Dies / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I'm Not Sorry / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Home Is A Question Mark / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You // Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by Famous when dead. Order corrected by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Glad I decided to make the drive. Was an outstanding show. He sounded fantastic! Loved the venue! Packed!

However, I feel like I want to puke by his latest comments. Made worse by him denying he said them when I feel he did. Sigh. Great show though!

I'm from Indiana and drove a few hours to the show. This was my sixth time seeing Morrissey (saw him in Indiana twice in 2007, The Congress in Chicago in 2012, Nashville 2015, and Louisville 2016). This concert ranked probably 3rd in experience. I feel like Morrissey really loves Chicago and everyone responded well to his performance. Enjoyed all the new songs live and hearing Glamorous Glue, Munich Air Disaster (great drumming by Matt Walker at the end), and I'm Not Sorry. I was glad he cut Meat is Murder and Ganglord just because of hearing both in 2015/2016. The Riviera was beautiful on the inside. I hope he comes back to the midwest next year!

I'm from Indiana and drove a few hours to the show. This was my sixth time seeing Morrissey (saw him in Indiana twice in 2007, The Congress in Chicago in 2012, Nashville 2015, and Louisville 2016). This concert ranked probably 3rd in experience. I feel like Morrissey really loves Chicago and everyone responded well to his performance. Enjoyed all the new songs live and hearing Glamorous Glue, Munich Air Disaster (great drumming by Matt Walker at the end), and I'm Not Sorry. I was glad he cut Meat is Murder and Ganglord just because of hearing both in 2015/2016. The Riviera was beautiful on the inside. I hope he comes back to the midwest next year!
What was with the pushing and shoving?

What was with the pushing and shoving?
It's just part of the show, always has been, especially since The Smiths days. As far as the better gigs go. Everyone wants the emperor's touch. I love it. Physical music demands physical reactions.

Well...you didn’t get close enough, so I don’t get the point. It’s rude...I didn’t wait in line for a few hours to get shoved aside. I thought Morrissey/Smiths fans were more civilized. I was wrong.

An energy at the front is one thing, but pushing to the front should not be tolerated and encouraged as being normal. It didn't happen at any of the shows I went to this year, Hollywood, SLC or Denver.

Well...you didn’t get close enough, so I don’t get the point. It’s rude...I didn’t wait in line for a few hours to get shoved aside. I thought Morrissey/Smiths fans were more civilized. I was wrong.

My images and videos that I took at the show. It was a great show really. I've been to around 6 and I would say it was in the top 3

Last edited:
An energy at the front is one thing, but pushing to the front should not be tolerated and encouraged as being normal. It didn't happen at any of the shows I went to this year, Hollywood, SLC or Denver.
Thanks for confirming how it should be. I couldn’t believe the people that we were having polite conversations with just a minute earlier were just basically punching their way through us the next minute. It was my biggest WTF moment ever going to a Morrissey concert.

Next time I go to a concert and someone tries to do that to me I’m gonna give them bruises bigger than dinner plates.

Is there any footage that has surfaced other than the two videos of Back on the Chain Gang? I'm having a very hard time finding stuff on YouTube

We were in the balcony for this AMAZING show! However, we couldn't read the band's shirts. Can someone let me know what they said? Thanks, Sir Thomas aka stunningmind

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom