Chicago, IL - Riot Fest - Thursday Preview Party (Sep. 16, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Lady Willpower / Knockabout World / You Have Killed Me / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Samuel Valdez, FWD & setlist.fm

(2 lines from "My Way" prior to How Soon Is Now?).

Last edited:
:)
Moz rules over Riot Fest:)
Peeps, no meat, no McMuffins, McQuarter Pounders, or chicken chunks:barf:
no pork chunks(n)
no roasted ukrainian boar:barf:
no cheeseburgers or solid worm soup:barf:

good food, veggie burritos(n)

:hammer:
Any McPlant Burgers though ?
Curious as they're going to be BIG.
(BIG as in popular and tasty not in size 😉)

I can't find any videos of the full concert on e.g. "JewTube" and I wanted to please complain a bit about this. It's nice for foreigners to be able to see the shows, especially during these times when it's difficult with traveling and so on and so no. Joshu's Mu, are you sitting on the tapes?

Interesting, I don’t see that in the video though. He’s going out of his way to pull up his sleeve and slap the inside of his arm.
Just watched the video. You could very well be right. I was interpreting the upraised fists as him having chains on his wrists: holding up the chains for all to see. Then, tapping one wrist as if tapping a chain handcuff. But, yes, he is tapping further up his arm... Ah, we'll never know, I suppose.

I can't find any videos of the full concert on e.g. "JewTube" and I wanted to please complain a bit about this. It's nice for foreigners to be able to see the shows, especially during these times when it's difficult with traveling and so on and so no. Joshu's Mu, are you sitting on the tapes?
I wish. Not a taper.

Just watched the video. You could very well be right. I was interpreting the upraised fists as him having chains on his wrists: holding up the chains for all to see. Then, tapping one wrist as if tapping a chain handcuff. But, yes, he is tapping further up his arm... Ah, we'll never know, I suppose.
There's a line in this song about pain in his arms.

Here's a review of last night's show from the NME:
4 stars - 'Morrissey at Riot Fest review: pop’s problematic uncle wisely shuts up and plays the hit'

'If this Riot fest set proves anything, it’s that Morrissey can still sing and when he sticks to business instead of giving his opinion on Brexit, immigration, or the Chinese – all topics that have caused outrage – he is still among the best performers around. That’s not to say he doesn’t have the right to voice his opinion, but he cannot act surprised when even his staunchest fans are appalled by it.'

This is the real reason that folks hate Moz.
They'll always tell ya it's the Chinese thing
or the thing with the pin, but it's really cause
Moz said Meat Is Murder.
They been hatin' Moz for it since way back.
He has indeed been surrounded by a toxic atmosphere since day 1. However, what changed when he declared his support for the far right in 2018 and 2019 was that tens thousands of people who had actually stuck with him for all that time decided to jump ship. He still has a pretty decent fanbase but it is just considerably reduced, especially in the UK. He's got an album ready and it sounds like a new manager so there are grounds for optimism. Just wish he'd clearly retract his support for the far right. Saying that he never votes is pretty meaningless, and has clearly made no difference to the way he is perceived.

He has indeed been surrounded by a toxic atmosphere since day 1. However, what changed when he declared his support for the far right in 2018 and 2019 was that tens thousands of people who had actually stuck with him for all that time decided to jump ship. He still has a pretty decent fanbase but it is just considerably reduced, especially in the UK. He's got an album ready and it sounds like a new manager so there are grounds for optimism. Just wish he'd clearly retract his support for the far right. Saying that he never votes is pretty meaningless, and has clearly made no difference to the way he is perceived.

Moz gives'em plenty excuses to jump ship, but they hate Moz
because he said Meat Is Murder.
Ya gotta understand that the Human Bein' has been conditioned
with a blood lust and most of'em ain't got the ability to escape it.

How many people were in front of the alternative stage for Kristeen Young, 100 persons ? LOL

Morrissey apparently gave a great performance with Patti Smith as the deluxe second headliner.

First class journalism, brilliant photography. Hurrah for Chicago Sun-Times, putting the NME to shame. Does anyone even remember the NME?
""You’re okay by me,” sang Morrissey consolingly during recent single “Knockabout World.” Afterward, he said there were a couple of exceptions. He ultimately pointed to himself." Lol

LOL, these twats at the NME just can't help themselves can they?: 'the disgraced icon'...
As for the turkey leg eating moron...well, enjoy your rebellious 15 minutes or so big man. :rolleyes:

Ignore above question - a couple of lines from "My Way" in to HSIN.

"...to say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels..."

(Slightly altered).

Yep, great clip, band really tight, great vocals. What's he singing part way through?...'big pause, big pause...soil all over my head, all over my head' (from I Know It's Over).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom