Check this band out

lnathan

We have our own local Keane here in Denmark. Dont' actually know who was first though, but they're called Saybia, and in my opinion much better. If you like that kind of music, you might like them, or atleast find them amusing/enjoyable. www.myspace.com/saybia

They never will be very big. Too many in same genre

Keane, Travis, Coldplay etc.

But Saybia are very ok indeed :)

Do try listen to Claus Hempler "Denmarks Crooner" / former Fielfraz singer instead :cool:

Last edited:
Maid@ Vale Lover said:
They never will be very big. Too many in same genre

Keane, Travis, Coldplay etc.

But Saybia are very ok indeed :)

Do try listen to Claus Hempler "Denmarks Crooner" / former Fielfraz singer instead :cool:

Yeah they probably will never be big outside of Denmark, but here they were huge with their first album. I like them much better than coldplay...I find them really boring.

I know Claus Hempler, he's good. Are you from Denmark?

lnathan said:
Yeah they probably will never be big outside of Denmark, but here they were huge with their first album. I like them much better than coldplay...I find them really boring.

I know Claus Hempler, he's good. Are you from Denmark?

You know they're actually quit big in Germany and the Netherlands. "Saybia"

Claus Hempler with the rest of the gang from Fielfraz always made an superb cover version / live performance of Personal Jesus of Depeche Mode

Maid@ Vale Lover said:
You know they're actually quit big in Germany and the Netherlands. "Saybia"

Claus Hempler with the rest of the gang from Fielfraz always made an superb cover version / live performance of Personal Jesus of Depeche Mode

Hm..now that you mention it I actually remember a friend of mine heard them I Netherlands and were surprised at the enthusiasm of the audience.

I have a compilation of Danish enterpretations of Leonard Cohen songs where Claus Hempler sings a wonderfull Everybody Knows in Danish.
We actually have so many great artists here who will never become big outside of DK because they sing in Danish, which is something I really appreciate. I like our language :o

Oh Yes, herei n Belgium Saybia is quite known too.
But I thought they were German! Oops!
Anyway, I once loved them, but that was in my period that I wasn't aware of actually _good_ music ;)

lnathan said:
Hm..now that you mention it I actually remember a friend of mine heard them I Netherlands and were surprised at the enthusiasm of the audience.

I have a compilation of Danish enterpretations of Leonard Cohen songs where Claus Hempler sings a wonderfull Everybody Knows in Danish.
We actually have so many great artists here who will never become big outside of DK because they sing in Danish, which is something I really appreciate. I like our language :o

I know the cd too - It is quit good but not more / Rather hear Cohen instead.

It is the same about DMDK rather hear Depeche Mode instead.

Maid@ Vale Lover said:
I know the cd too - It is quit good but not more / Rather hear Cohen instead.

Absolutely. But still, I think Under Byen's version of I'm Your Man is really beautiful.

Maid@ Vale Lover said:

under Byen is great, but Björk is a goddess! no one compares to her!

So those are the Danish bands you like?

superheroes...it's pretty amazing what the singer, Thomas Troelsen has achieved at the age of 24. He has become this super-producer and everything he touches turns to gold (like Junior Senior). I heard that he is going to work with Depeche Mode!

I don't like Kashmir. I don't understand their succes, they do nothing for me. The singer is annoying and there is no emotion in his voice.

I love Raveonettes. Love In a Trash can is a great song...always makes me dance around my living room.

I'm not very familiar with Spleen. Maybe I should check them out.

Still trying to guess where you are from. Netherlands maybe?

lnathan said:
under Byen is great, but Björk is a goddess! no one compares to her!

So those are the Danish bands you like?

superheroes...it's pretty amazing what the singer, Thomas Troelsen has achieved at the age of 24. He has become this super-producer and everything he touches turns to gold (like Junior Senior). I heard that he is going to work with Depeche Mode!

I don't like Kashmir. I don't understand their succes, they do nothing for me. The singer is annoying and there is no emotion in his voice.

I love Raveonettes. Love In a Trash can is a great song...always makes me dance around my living room.

I'm not very familiar with Spleen. Maybe I should check them out.

Still trying to guess where you are from. Netherlands maybe?

Nej jeg er fra DK og det er ikke kun disse bands fra DK jeg kan li'. Der findes dog mange andre som også er gode/bedre. No I'm from DK and it is not just these bands that I like / also other Danish actors.

Hey no one outside DK (I think) know much about example Hempler or Under Byen or ...

Last edited:
Maid@ Vale Lover said:
Nej jeg er fra DK og det er ikke kun disse bands fra Dk jeg kan li'. Der findes mange andre bedre. No I'm from DK and it is not just these bands that I like / also other Danish actors.

Hey no one outside DK (I think) know much about example Hempler or Under Byen or ...

Yes I thought it was rather amazing that you knew so much LOL
But I thought you weren't because you didn't answer the first time.

A lot of the Danish bands I like are hardly known outside Copenhagen! Like Skalar and Swing of Sahara. Know them?

lnathan said:
Yes I thought it was rather amazing that you knew so much LOL
But I thought you weren't because you didn't answer the first time.

A lot of the Danish bands I like are hardly known outside Copenhagen! Like Skalar and Swing of Sahara. Know them?

No, But hell am I loving

Rock Hard Power Spray

and Plök

and some old punk band

L.U.L.L. / Kinky Boot Beast

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom