Chaz Costello of SRSQ chooses "Rebel Without Applause" as favorite of 2022 - brooklynvegan.com

I know nothing about the band SRSQ but how incredibly rare is it, these days, to see any other musicians saying that they're still listening to Morrissey's new work. Anyhow, an article about the band members' favourite songs of 2022, including this:

moz.jpg

strange how he mentions the production when it was panned on here,why shouldnt other musicians still like M hes hardly satan himself.wonder why he dislikes the members of the chilli peppers.

strange how he mentions the production when it was panned on here,why shouldnt other musicians still like M hes hardly satan himself.wonder why he dislikes the members of the chilli peppers.
I was really not sure about the production to start with but after repeated listens I love it. The bass is mental. I have played the track to few casual Moz fans and they have all rated it. So I stand corrected in my orthapedic shoes.

I was really not sure about the production to start with but after repeated listens I love it. The bass is mental. I have played the track to few casual Moz fans and they have all rated it. So I stand corrected in my orthapedic shoes.
who doesnt like an alan partridge quote.kiss my face.
production was a bit strange on first listen but certainly didnt bother me.

I don't know where to put this but......I bumped into Brett Anderson from Suede yesterday. He was at the Imperial War museum in Lambeth. My mate got a shake of the hand and a smile. He's very tall and very thin.

I don't know who this Chaz person is, but maybe they're referring to the live version of the song. (Because that auto-tune ruins the live version -- it happened to 'Mexico,' and it's happened to 'Rebels.')

Also, be unapologetic -- don't start your spiel with "I know I'm not allowed to like Morrissey, but..."

But what, dick? Who's telling "Chaz" not to like Morrissey? When did people like Chaz stop thinking for themselves?

I’ve disliked quite a bit of Morrissey’s material in recent years, but I absolutely love “Rebels…”.

Best original song he’s done since the Years of Refusal era.

This is surprising considering who liked the song. While I think “Rebels w/o applause” is a great song, I don’t consider it a fave as so many people do. Is that ok to say about a Morrissey song on this site?

He will just be saying that TRHCP are a bit naff but the irony is that by deeds they are much more “problematic” than Moz. A long list of sexual assault claims, many filmed in plain sight.

I think you have to have a very fecking slim music taste to think Rebel is one of the best tracks this year. Off the top of my bonce, there was a number of tracks on Suedes lp that are better, nearly every song on Fountains DCs LP is better than that one. Diana Ross with Tame Impala, Turn Up The Sunshine. Drab Majesty did a few tunes this year, that are better and Suffer by Patriarchy.
I think M is still popular among some new bands, he has been around for decades, of course, he is still gonna get new fans. The issue some would say is he isn't making as many new fans as he used to, plus the news fans tend to be basic, rather than like what they once were

He will just be saying that TRHCP are a bit naff but the irony is that by deeds they are much more “problematic” than Moz. A long list of sexual assault claims, many filmed in plain sight.

The guy who posted it was a typical M type fan, I know I'm not meant to like M but I do type BS all very "im not a dog on a chain"
I think the thing about the production is if you hear a proper FLAC version, it's awesome. If you hear an mp3 it sounds underwater. I still prefer the live version. As for the "accepting his past" by ripping off C gates. It's Johnny's past, not his. He didn't write that music. Also, anyone who knows M's music knows he has been "accepting his past" for ages, as there are a load of Johnny-type numbers, in solo career .
I agree its a nice tune though and fair play to the guy for liking it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom