Charles Aznavour dies at 94; Morrissey statement

UPDATE 10:55 AM PT:

Link posted by Alexi:

DIM THE LIGHTS - Morrissey Central
October 1, 2018

Charles Aznavour dies. Impossible, but true. We shared May 22nd (birthday, but 2 or 3 years apart.) A few years ago I invited him to sing on my album World peace is none of your business. He listened, but declined - a wise man, indeed !
Music lasts longer than life, and Charles Aznavour is music : now, today, tomorrow and always.

MORRISSEY 1 October 2018

44461_Unknown.jpg

Charles Aznavour, French singing star, dies at 94 - BBC News
French singer and songwriter Charles Aznavour has died at 94 after a career lasting more than 80 years, a spokesman has confirmed.

Excerpt:

The star died at one of his homes in the south east of France.

The performer, born to Armenian immigrants, sold more than 180 million records and featured in over 60 films.

44457__103647639_aznavour_bbc.jpg

Morrissey has featured "Emmenez-moi" in his intermission videos.

Last edited:
Good person. The Islamics(who else LOL) committed genocide on his Armenian relatives.:neutral:

This probably means Morrissey will cover one of his songs on his upcoming cover album.

Probably an obscure b-side, like “Mon petit cornichon d’amour.” A fitting tribute.

We’ll have to wait and see.

Not entirely unexpected, but what a voice. I’m embarrassed I haven’t gone out of my way to listen to more of his stuff.

Some of that 60s and 70s French pop is pure gold, but my rusty and now limited knowledge of the language sometimes let’s me get the gist.

I wonder what it was about men of that generation that meant even at a young age they looked old? You see it in clips of D-Day where you see nineteen year olds charging off landing craft looking forty. Perhaps it was those bloody great machine guns aimed at them.

Here’s Bill Haley at just thirteen years of age...

BBCF0420-3727-4697-86BF-8FC6021F7067.jpeg

Probably.

Only Jacob Rees-Mogg seems to be keeping the tradition alive.

The French Sinatra, legend!

Morrissey mentioned him at his concert in Belfast in 2015 when listing people he shares the same birthday with.
The song I am most familiar with is "She" which was his only British number one, beating The Sparks apparently. I quite like Elvis Costello s version too.
He covered a lot of taboo subjects in his time which would appeal to Morrissey no doubt.

Reckon that "message from Morrissey" was written by an intern in the El Segundo office. Blikey you foreigners are lost.

Dim The Lights.

Charles Aznavour dies. Impossible, but true. We shared May 22nd (birthday, but 2 or 3 years apart.) A few years ago I invited him to sing on my album World peace is none of your business. He listened, but declined - a wise man, indeed !
Music lasts longer than life, and Charles Aznavour is music : now, today, tomorrow and always.
MORRISSEY 1 October 2018

Reproduced here for posterity (and if it gets deleted - it lives on here).
RIP Charles.
Regards,
FWD.

20181001_193208.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom