Charlatans drummer Jon Brookes hospitalised after collapsing onstage

modrevolve

Standard Model
I was there last night down in front and it was one of the most horrific things I've ever seen in my life. :(

The Charlatans' drummer Jon Brookes collapsed onstage last night (September 15) midway through the band's gig at Philadelphia's Johnny Brenda's venue.

Brookes keeled over early into the band's set, and is said to have stopped breathing. He was initially tended to and resuscitated by a doctor who happened to be in the audience. Following the arrival of paramedics, Brookes was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Philadelphia. During the night he was given a CAT scan, and has been responding well to treatment.

A spokesperson for The Charlatans said: "He has now been transferred to a larger hospital in the city for further tests, although his condition is said to be improving and doctors believe there will be no long-term effects on his health."

It is currently unclear whether any of the band's forthcoming dates on their north American tour will be affected. Fans are advised to check Thecharlatans.net for more information.

Back
Top Bottom