Changing one's user name

Lucifer Sam

الموت لأمريكا
It looks as if the forum software allows you to change your user name "every three months or something like that." In the event that you do change your name, does your previous user name get permanently retired, or can you change it back after three months? And if it doesn't get retired, does it become available to other users? If so, I imagine this could result in some mischief and confusion—if someone changed their name, and then someone else took their old name, and used the same avatar and signature.

Unrelated, but I also notice there is a sub-forum to Site Feedback / Suggestions called Story Submissions, but "there are no threads in this forum." Is Morrissey-solo planning on hosting a short story contest, or is this something from the past, now defunct?

It looks as if the forum software allows you to change your user name "every three months or something like that." In the event that you do change your name, does your previous user name get permanently retired, or can you change it back after three months? And if it doesn't get retired, does it become available to other users? If so, I imagine this could result in some mischief and confusion—if someone changed their name, and then someone else took their old name, and used the same avatar and signature.

Unrelated, but I also notice there is a sub-forum to Site Feedback / Suggestions called Story Submissions, but "there are no threads in this forum." Is Morrissey-solo planning on hosting a short story contest, or is this something from the past, now defunct?
Go to your account settings:

Screenshot_20220608-191920~2.png

It will be the first thing you see:

Screenshot_20220608-192135~2.png

Re: Story submissions - that is always empty as anything that is submitted there is then moved to an appropriate thread thereafter.
It allows anons or people who can't/won't make a thread the ability to communicate articles/news et al.
Regards,
FWD.

@Aubrey McFate
Sorry, just had to check what can & can't be viewed as anon.
So, a previous name (if one exists) can be viewed by clicking on the clock & counterclockwise arrow icon next to the new name (only present if name has been changed).
Icon:
Screenshot_20220608-193347~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom