Changing Face of Salford Documentary

Wonderful colour documentary on Youtube shows the streets he ran from the late 60'/early 70's.

Thank you for this. Salford, as you know, is very much its own place. Its independent and fighting ready. Its sits with Manchestet and apart from Manchester .
It makes perfect sense that it would birth Mark E Smith and not, say, Johnny Marr (not having a pop at Johnny )

I had to stay here for few years around 1978. f*** me, a world away. now.

Thank you for this. Salford, as you know, is very much its own place. Its independent and fighting ready. Its sits with Manchestet and apart from Manchester .
It makes perfect sense that it would birth Mark E Smith and not, say, Johnny Marr (not having a pop at Johnny )

I had to stay here for few years around 1978. f*** me, a world away. now.

Fighting ready? I wouldn't be surprised, considering how run down it was when i walked through it, to get to the SLC. It's pretty rough. God knows how that Manor House still exists amongst the ugliness.

Fighting ready? I wouldn't be surprised, considering how run down it was when i walked through it, to get to the SLC. It's pretty rough. God knows how that Manor House still exists amongst the ugliness.
"run down"
what they had a load of money pumped into it, when did you walk around 1972?

Although I know what you mean. I hear its crime central, even with the BBC money being pumped in My knowledge of it is 2nd hand, the last time I was there I was 10 years old in the 70s. Although one of my Kids loves it there- but he is a friend of the weed plant

A lot of houses in Salford were boarded up well into the 2000’s. Langworthy Rd, Pendleton, parts of Ordsall.
Regeneration of those areas only commenced in 2007/2008.

Tags
documentary manchester salford
Back
Top Bottom