Cesena - Carisport (Oct. 8, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Now My Heart Is Full / Kiss Me A Lot / You Have Killed Me / Oboe Concerto / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by aliceasr.

• Photo: Pietro Bondi (4 total), posted by Ambra in the comments.

cesena.jpg

Last edited:
Cesena!
Fantastic concert, venue & town.
The crowd in parts were a little reserved maybe. Soon warmed up.
Morrissey seemed to be in the mood for some fun.
Now My Heart Is Full, Ganglord, Mama Lay Softly, How Soon Is Now? Lots of highlights.
Sound was far superior to Napoli.

i notice the phrases 'reserved crowd that soon warmed up' 'packed but largely empty areas' seem to crop up regularly. this with many ultras in attendance and small venues.
i dont think, by and large, that objective realistic reviews are being posted.

View attachment 34676View attachment 34677 View attachment 34678 View attachment 34679
Photos from yesterday night taken by Pietro Bondi.
Suedehead live in Cesena:

I can't believe how fantastic he sounds and looks during this song! When Morrissey lifts and swings that chiseled jawline like some satellite dish beaming out charm and grace I still can't help but be pulled in hook line and sinker after all these years.

Probably too many metaphors there but what the hell :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Cesana - Carisport (Oct. 8, 2015) post-show

@BRSChairman was on top form on Twitter today and also on top form on stage this evening. Lucky Lisp was not wasted on you. WAKE UP WAKE UP

Bore off. Have you seen the tragic idiots that the account chooses to interact with? Desperate housewives. The latest in a long line of fake accounts. We all know who's likely behind it too. He of the fan e interviews, fake letters, with the dozens of accounts on here and on Twitter.

Re: Article: Cesana - Carisport (Oct. 8, 2015) post-show

i notice the phrases 'reserved crowd that soon warmed up' 'packed but largely empty areas' seem to crop up regularly. this with many ultras in attendance and small venues.
i dont think, by and large, that objective realistic reviews are being posted.
The venue yesterday was full and this shows how people respect Morrissey and his music, so i don't agree with other users who say his career is over. His career is not over at all, people still love Morrissey and still want to attend his shows. At the same time yesterday night the crowd was quiet simply because there were a lot of middle-aged people who knew the songs but not the lyrics by heart(i doubt that they speak english). Some of them wanted to hear more songs from The Smiths era, but the show was great and the crowd appreciated it, Moz noticed it and he thanked us all the time. It was my first time seeing Morrissey live and i'm a young fan, but to me it was an incredible experience, i enjoyed the setlist and sang along the whole time...Thank God i have discovered Morrissey and his music and thank God he's still here adding quality to the artistic world.

Last edited:
The truth is, Morrissey is now almost unknown to the general public in England, I speak to music fans under say 30, most have never heard of him, jog their memory, still no idea. I personally have lived in a dream world of thinking he was up with the greats, sadly that is not the case. Morrissey has, in my opinion, destroyed himself for whatever reason, the talent he has is obvious, but he continues to believe he has the right to play whatever set and people will pay, show up for gigs, etc. The crowd at Plymouth said it all really, a no show, in England he can barely fill a nightclub, fact!

So he has two choices, retire or reform the Smiths, I think he needs to play with Marr, even if only for a few shows, then it puts his name about again, and our music fans of now will at least know who he is!

The truth is, Morrissey is now almost unknown to the general public in England, I speak to music fans under say 30, most have never heard of him, jog their memory, still no idea. I personally have lived in a dream world of thinking he was up with the greats, sadly that is not the case. Morrissey has, in my opinion, destroyed himself for whatever reason, the talent he has is obvious, but he continues to believe he has the right to play whatever set and people will pay, show up for gigs, etc. The crowd at Plymouth said it all really, a no show, in England he can barely fill a nightclub, fact!

So he has two choices, retire or reform the Smiths, I think he needs to play with Marr, even if only for a few shows, then it puts his name about again, and our music fans of now will at least know who he is!

do you think thats what he wants the most, to be known. maybe thats how it is in england but hes still known here even if hes not at the paek of popularity with his songs. i ask young people to tell me there favorite dylan tune all the time and even though they know the name they can rarely name a song thats not like a rolling stone. if even that. doesnt mean he needs to change his music or style or revisit his past in order to be more know or popular. it might make you feel better to have an artist you like be known to others but i doubt he cares as much as people think he does. ask those same people to name a marr solo tune and youll get even less of a positive response but i dont think marr cares that much either and will continue to do his thing.

His third choice could be to ignore your 2 choices and continue to just do what he's been doing all these years like writing great songs and touring the hell out of the world. He doesn't need Marr anymore. He's been more successful without the Smiths than he ever has. Who the hell cares that some under 30s have never heard of him? There are plenty of teens who know exactly who he is.

The crowd at plymouth said it all? I don't know even how to respond that that comment.

I don't know what dream world you've been living in but he is one of the greats, if not the Greatest. Happily I don't live in your sad dream world.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? I have never heard so many people talk about how much a pop star means to them like Morrissey. People like Madonna, etc but Morrissey means a great deal to a lot of people.

Morrissey hasn't cancelled a concert since last year and has been touring really for a year. He could easily play the Fonda for 5 nights and sell out.

Take a look at the footage of Everyday is like Sunday on Sams Hammersmith video to see how wrong you are.

Morrissey doesn't need Marr, and hasn't since The Smiths disbanded. Nor, does he need anyone under 30. Tbh, most are cocks anyway, desperately out to gain acceptance amongst the older breed. Xx

No doubt, it was a great night and Moz looked in a very good shape in his "mind, body and soul" although Carisport is a very bad place for listening music. The concert wasn't sold out but I guess more than 2,000 people were enjoying the night.
Never give up Moz!

Barely fill a night club, are you off you're head that's not what the 02 arena looked like on 29th November 2014 I was there and it was packed really packed 20,000 packed in London FACT!

No doubt, it was a great night and Moz looked in a very good shape in his "mind, body and soul" although Carisport is a very bad place for listening music. The concert wasn't sold out but I guess more than 2,000 people were enjoying the night.
Never give up Moz!

its obvious by now that no show is sold out.
the concept that moz needs no one is ludicrous. he has to have someone to write the music to ALL of his songs, arrange them, and give them structure as he is not a musician, cant play an instrument and doubt he even knows how to switch on a microphone.

His third choice could be to ignore your 2 choices and continue to just do what he's been doing all these years like writing great songs and touring the hell out of the world. He doesn't need Marr anymore. He's been more successful without the Smiths than he ever has. Who the hell cares that some under 30s have never heard of him? There are plenty of teens who know exactly who he is.

The crowd at plymouth said it all? I don't know even how to respond that that comment.

I don't know what dream world you've been living in but he is one of the greats, if not the Greatest. Happily I don't live in your sad dream world.

Did you go to Plymouth? I did, for those who stayed outside the night before, to get to the front, well, I walked straight to the front around 5 mins before he came on, the venue was probably a third full and its not as though its massive, 3500 capacity. What I am saying is theirs a lot of people who would love Morrissey, but they don't even know who he is.

Back
Top Bottom