"Cemetry Gates" live (Manchester Free Trade Hall Oct. 30, '86) - posted on Spotify & YouTube

http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/#

#CemetryGates to share memories on Instagram & Twitter.

A prompt YouTube this week:
(last gig with Gannon in the band).

Regards,
FWD.

40632_cemetrygates.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering these live things are all likely sourced from Grant Showbiz and his cassette collection, its amazing how good these tracks have been sounding.

sounded great,is it just me or should they not have been doing this years ago.its almost as if they have just caught up on self promotion.maybe Sam is giving them ideas.

sounded great,is it just me or should they not have been doing this years ago.its almost as if they have just caught up on self promotion.maybe Sam is giving them ideas.

Damn good question and I don't know the answer. Love the musical coda at the end. Time for a live box set?

I'm assuming that he's not active on his or The Smiths pages, but there are some odd things popping up with him sometimes - why post this? The Smiths one actually feels like it's being used for something now, but his own one is a bit scatter gun - unless the picture is relevant?

20170828_234659.png

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I like these live TQID tracks more than the album versions. They aren't being released on CD or Vinyl though are they?

From what I read in Johnny's autobiography, he wanted to release TQID with lots of extras years ago but he was disgusted when the demos he was working on leaked and said he'd never get to them again. I'm just glad someone did change his mind.

For a person/group alleged to be money fixated - they appear to be staring at a cash cow and ignoring it.
The Smiths could be a band that plays on nostalgia - all the amassed live gigs could have a central site to download digital versions of gigs you've been to / infamous & famous gigs etc - with some appropriately Smiths-like art work. It could just sit in cyberspace and generate income in perpetuity. The amount of effort and cost implications (assuming nothing much needs to be done to the soundboard recordings) are low - the return would be high.
I know it's wishful thinking, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. I think a posthumous box set for each album including demos et al plus a dedicated live gig depository would be a fitting way to celebrate The Smiths.
Utopia-a-go-go,
FWD.

For a person/group alleged to be money fixated - they appear to be staring at a cash cow and ignoring it.
The Smiths could be a band that plays on nostalgia - all the amassed live gigs could have a central site to download digital versions of gigs you've been to / infamous & famous gigs etc - with some appropriately Smiths-like art work. It could just sit in cyberspace and generate income in perpetuity. The amount of effort and cost implications (assuming nothing much needs to be done to the soundboard recordings) are low - the return would be high.
I know it's wishful thinking, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. I think a posthumous box set for each album including demos et al plus a dedicated live gig depository would be a fitting way to celebrate The Smiths.
Utopia-a-go-go,
FWD.
Any chance you have the QOBUZ download for this one to post <hat in hand>

I was there! Great gig and The Smiths penultimate (live) gig, Gannon's final gig.

Serious question.... is anyone actually buying these?

Love it,Gannon surely gave extra the band more sound, or Johnny could do his part...otoh hand without Gannon ,The Smiths were fabulous and legend.

Sorry for sounding too positive,but these songs helped through my path of becoming a young man,least likely is that this gig is one of the last, not many would folow,same year in dec. they played their last.

Wonderfull lyrics great song,and indeed,but that'smy laptop bass and drumms should be more heard.

Thanks from my
new hometown

Love it,Gannon surely gave extra the band more sound, or Johnny could do his part...otoh hand without Gannon ,The Smiths were fabulous and legend.

Sorry for sounding too positive,but these songs helped through my path of becoming a young man,least likely is that this gig is one of the last, not many would folow,same year in dec. they played their last.

Wonderfull lyrics great song,and indeed,but that'smy laptop bass and drumms should be more heard.

Thanks from my
new hometown

"But don't forget the songs
That made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now
And you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you"

Any chance you have the QOBUZ download for this one to post <hat in hand>
Cemetry Gates QOBUZ digital version now available in the downloads section.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm assuming that he's not active on his or The Smiths pages, but there are some odd things popping up with him sometimes - why post this? The Smiths one actually feels like it's being used for something now, but his own one is a bit scatter gun - unless the picture is relevant?

View attachment 42130

Regards,
FWD.

Yes, that is a microphone slipping out of his ass.

No matter how many times people tell him, he slides the small end in first.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom