"Cemetry Gates" live (Manchester Free Trade Hall Oct. 30, '86) - posted on Spotify & YouTube

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2017 (read-only)' started by Famous when dead, Aug 28, 2017.

By Famous when dead on Aug 28, 2017 at 12:02 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Sounds great!
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Considering these live things are all likely sourced from Grant Showbiz and his cassette collection, its amazing how good these tracks have been sounding.
    3. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      sounded great,is it just me or should they not have been doing this years ago.its almost as if they have just caught up on self promotion.maybe Sam is giving them ideas.
    4. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      Damn good question and I don't know the answer. Love the musical coda at the end. Time for a live box set?
    5. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      I'm assuming that he's not active on his or The Smiths pages, but there are some odd things popping up with him sometimes - why post this? The Smiths one actually feels like it's being used for something now, but his own one is a bit scatter gun - unless the picture is relevant?

20170828_234659.png

Regards,
      FWD.
      Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    6. marred
      marred
      I like these live TQID tracks more than the album versions. They aren't being released on CD or Vinyl though are they?
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    7. soloyan
      soloyan
      From what I read in Johnny's autobiography, he wanted to release TQID with lots of extras years ago but he was disgusted when the demos he was working on leaked and said he'd never get to them again. I'm just glad someone did change his mind.
    8. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      For a person/group alleged to be money fixated - they appear to be staring at a cash cow and ignoring it.
      The Smiths could be a band that plays on nostalgia - all the amassed live gigs could have a central site to download digital versions of gigs you've been to / infamous & famous gigs etc - with some appropriately Smiths-like art work. It could just sit in cyberspace and generate income in perpetuity. The amount of effort and cost implications (assuming nothing much needs to be done to the soundboard recordings) are low - the return would be high.
      I know it's wishful thinking, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. I think a posthumous box set for each album including demos et al plus a dedicated live gig depository would be a fitting way to celebrate The Smiths.
      Utopia-a-go-go,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Any chance you have the QOBUZ download for this one to post <hat in hand>
    10. Fourteen Custard Creams
      Fourteen Custard Creams
      Physical media? Maybe try the Antiques Roadshow :p
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. billybu69
      billybu69
      Sounds fantastic, gutted I never got in.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I was there! Great gig and The Smiths penultimate (live) gig, Gannon's final gig.

Serious question.... is anyone actually buying these?
    13. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Here's the mp3 320 - hopefully my generous benefactor will be in touch again soon.
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/nwudxu
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. countthree
      countthree
      :love::love::love::love::love: :)
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. celibate
      celibate
      Love it,Gannon surely gave extra the band more sound, or Johnny could do his part...otoh hand without Gannon ,The Smiths were fabulous and legend.

Sorry for sounding too positive,but these songs helped through my path of becoming a young man,least likely is that this gig is one of the last, not many would folow,same year in dec. they played their last.

Wonderfull lyrics great song,and indeed,but that'smy laptop bass and drumms should be more heard.

Thanks from my
      new hometown
      • Like Like x 1
    16. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      "But don't forget the songs
      That made you cry
      And the songs that saved your life
      Yes, you're older now
      And you're a clever swine
      But they were the only ones who ever stood by you"
      • Like Like x 3
    17. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Cemetry Gates QOBUZ digital version now available in the downloads section.
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yes, that is a microphone slipping out of his ass.

No matter how many times people tell him, he slides the small end in first.