CELL Phone Uploads DAILY

I wasn't going to mention the fact that I'm spending a long weekend in Greece because I don't want to offend anyone, but now I have to because while taking a careful jog in the port this morning I saw a sea turtle. :lbf:

View attachment 42188

It was huge, at least one metre long! But the story gets even more awesome: as I was standing there in awe snapping pictures on the iPhone this old guy comes running towards me and shouts something in Greek, so I shrug and he goes: "Woman!" "Woman!" "f***ing!" and makes an obscene hand gesture, and in my confused state I say no, thank you and he goes "Look! Look!" and sure enough there was another sea turtle approaching, a female, and they did, indeed, proceed to pair. Not only did I see sea turtles, I saw sea turtles having sex! :lbf:
haha "no thank you" :lbf: wowwww, a metre long you say?! my imagination only goes up to a foot. that must have been so majestic. and here i was feeling lucky because i saw a raccoon scuttling along a ledge. a sea turtle is way better than a raccoon. i, for one, am glad you posted it! but one question: if raccoons are the grindr guys of the animal world, what are sea turtles?

haha "no thank you" :lbf: wowwww, a metre long you say?! my imagination only goes up to a foot. that must have been so majestic. and here i was feeling lucky because i saw a raccoon scuttling along a ledge. a sea turtle is way better than a raccoon. i, for one, am glad you posted it! but one question: if raccoons are the grindr guys of the animal world, what are sea turtles?

I dunno, they are like creatures from a different planet. I only noticed turtle man at first because he came to the surface to breathe, its head reminded me a bit of E.T. It really was majestic. I sound a bit new-agey but I'm always a bit in awe of nature and the universe when I get to experience something like this. These wonderful creatures have been swimming around our oceans for millions of years, totally oblivious to all the bullshit around them.

I dunno, they are like creatures from a different planet. I only noticed turtle man at first because he came to the surface to breathe, its head reminded me a bit of E.T. It really was majestic. I sound a bit new-agey but I'm always a bit in awe of nature and the universe when I get to experience something like this. These wonderful creatures have been swimming around our oceans for millions of years, totally oblivious to all the bullshit around them.
that water looks so clear and beautiful, so refreshing.... i think perhaps id like to be a sea turtle.

that water looks so clear and beautiful, so refreshing.... i think perhaps id like to be a sea turtle.

Yes, I would like to be a sea turtle, too. I'd swim the Mediterranean all year, have sex, and my only care in the world would be where to find my next jellyfish. I'd like that.

I wasn't going to mention the fact that I'm spending a long weekend in Greece because I don't want to offend anyone, but now I have to because while taking a careful jog in the port this morning I saw a sea turtle. :lbf:

View attachment 42188

It was huge, at least one metre long! But the story gets even more awesome: as I was standing there in awe snapping pictures on the iPhone this old guy comes running towards me and shouts something in Greek, so I shrug and he goes: "Woman!" "Woman!" "f***ing!" and makes an obscene hand gesture, and in my confused state I say no, thank you and he goes "Look! Look!" and sure enough there was another sea turtle approaching, a female, and they did, indeed, proceed to pair. Not only did I see sea turtles, I saw sea turtles having sex! :lbf:
Bad timing.

Yes, I would like to be a sea turtle, too. I'd swim the Mediterranean all year, have sex, and my only care in the world would be where to find my next jellyfish. I'd like that.
sea turtles are like the dickie greenleafs of the animal world, then.
if sex is involved, count me out. i think ideally id like to be a rock. a rock on a mountain in austria! that'd be the life!

sea turtles are like the dickie greenleafs of the animal world, then.
if sex is involved, count me out. i think ideally id like to be a rock. a rock on a mountain in austria! that'd be the life!

Why not Switzerland, near Lausanne? ;)
On a perfectly sunny day when Moz is besides the pool in his speedo, having his tea and his biscuits, you could decide to start rolling of the mountain and jump into his pool. :p

I think he would notice you immediately and say (while putting both index fingers to his temples) ah you must be Rifke! Blazer shopping! :lbf:
And you can sing: I am a rock, I am a rock, am I?

But I guess you won't and rather stay on the mountain, a very well behaved and decent rock. :oops:
Like there are more of that kind in Switzerland.

Switzerland needs crazy bunnies, not decent rocks.

Why not Switzerland, near Lausanne? ;)
On a perfectly sunny day when Moz is besides the pool in his speedo, having his tea and his biscuits, you could decide to start rolling of the mountain and jump into his pool. :p

I think he would notice you immediately and say (while putting both index fingers to his temples) ah you must be Rifke! Blazer shopping! :lbf:
And you can sing: I am a rock, I am a rock, am I?

But I guess you won't and rather stay on the mountain, a very well behaved and decent rock. :oops:
Like there are more of that kind in Switzerland.

Switzerland needs crazy bunnies, not decent rocks.
i have no desire to see morrissey in his speedo, im not that kind of rock!

i have no desire to see morrissey in his speedo, im not that kind of rock!

But it wouldn't bother you that much either, I guess?
Thing is, Moz would notice you and think, hey that's a kind of interesting rock. :D
So different from the others I am surrounded with here in boring Switzerland.
:p

No. It is a privately owned garden in the back of someone's house. I went to an event there the other night. It was really beautiful after dark. :)

A mystical time zone...

Planning and prepping the gear. Sometimes that's as fun as the adventure.

1zqpz84.jpg

First inventory and pack check done. Other details to still do, but for another time.

317axoz.jpg

With a lot going on, how do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. At least that's how I do it.

Maybe boat-in, which is really on our radar.

Back
Top Bottom