Celebrate drummers

Skinner

RIP The Rev
There are some greatly talented and entertaining drummers out there who I believe are do more credit and spot light than they get. I love drums and drummers and I wanted a thread to celebrate the people who keep the beat and so much more. Post pics, stories, articles or whatever you like of some of your favorite drummers.

I'll start...

Dino from Dredg:
dredg_dinoX.jpg

Stewart Copeland of the Police:
copeland.jpg

The Reverend of Avenged Sevenfold:
attachment.php

(RIP) Keith Moon:
Keith%20moon.jpg

dtcj5pyqsen4nh55sqdn5p2b_128309882703241234_spensah.jpg

my fav drummer.

(that was a terrifying task to go and get that picture. :( cause he still scares me. and yet he's still awesome. :( )

^^

Thats and excellent pic! What's the story behind it?

I once dated a drummer. for two weeks. back in the summer of 03. fact.

also, these two guys are pretty kewl:

ringo_starr.jpg

photo103_500x336.jpg

Agreed, Spencer is a delight

What scares you about him??

:)
The We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful video.
*shrugs* I just have unnatural fear of him. I still think he's awesome though.
^^

Thats and excellent pic! What's the story behind it?
Google!
:D
There's also this one I found on google:
spendog.jpg

They're from Pretty Petty Thieves apparently. *shrugs* I just picked the first one, haha.

The We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful video.
*shrugs* I just have unnatural fear of him. I still think he's awesome though.

Google!
:D
There's also this one I found on google:
spendog.jpg

They're from Pretty Petty Thieves apparently. *shrugs* I just picked the first one, haha.

LOL @ your fear. That video is ridiculous. I think Gary scares me in that video. He looks like he is ready to cut someone. :eek:

And this pic of Spence and the dog is adorable!

I also like John Bohham (RIP) ...his skillz on "Since I've Been Loving You" blow me away every time.

john_bonham.jpg

and, whoever that chick was with the fro, that played drums in the Lenny Kravitz vid for "Are You Gonna Go My Way." yeah. she's cool.

he was still a good drummer. :rolleyes:
He was indeed a good drummer, and I give credit for that.
(He is a bit of a douchebag though, but I'm not gonna pretend he wasn't part of The Smiths.)

but please, for the love of god, no pictures of Joyce. He scares me more then Spencer does. Even though I have a couple of pictures of him on my Smiths wall. One of which doesn't even LOOK like him.

LOL @ your fear. That video is ridiculous. I think Gary scares me in that video. He looks like he is ready to cut someone. :eek:

And this pic of Spence and the dog is adorable!
Gary does look like he's gonna cut someone. He scares me a bit too. :( He reminds me of Gollum for some reason. I mean, he's a sweetheart, (at least that's what I've heard), but he does scare me a bit too.
Nonetheless, I wanna give all of them (Boz, Alain, Gary, even Spencer) big hugs. :D

Last edited:
He was indeed a good drummer, and I give credit for that.
(He is a bit of a douchebag though, but I'm not gonna pretend he wasn't part of The Smiths.)

but please, for the love of god, no pictures of Joyce. He scares me more then Spencer does. Even though I have a couple of pictures of him on my Smiths wall. One of which doesn't even LOOK like him.

Moz can be a bit of a douchebag too, but we still love him! :p:D

Moz can be a bit of a douchebag too, but we still love him! :p:D
I think every Moz fan has to realize how much a douchebag the man can be. The people who don't are living in a pretty little fantasy land. :p
it's what makes him ~Morrissey~.

I also like John Bohham (RIP)

john_bonham.jpg

and, whoever that chick was with the fro, that played drums in the Lenny Kravitz vid for "Are You Gonna Go My Way." yeah. she's cool.

Yes Bonham was the shit as well. He and Moon died way too young.

Also, I dated a drummer too. For 3 years. It was filled with dramz but I learned a shit ton about music and gained a huge respect for the art of drumming.

Josh Freese has probably played drums on a large percentage of music released in the past 15 years, fact...

1233.jpg

well, bonham's the best really. what a right foot that man had. i can only dream of being able to do anything like him. so i keep on trying ... anyway.

my current favourite drummer is bryan from 'the national'. he's pretty amazing.

being a drummer myself, I'll chime in with a few of my favs most people wouldn't mention

Reni - Stone Roses
Loz - Ride
Mitch Mitchell - Hendrix
Greg Lyons - Laguardia / Eastern Conference Champions
Pete De Freitas - Echo and the Bunnymen

PS - I have no probs admitting Mike Joyce is my favorite drummer to ever play with Moz :guitar:

being a drummer myself, I'll chime in with a few of my favs most people wouldn't mention

Reni - Stone Roses
Loz - Ride
Mitch Mitchell - Hendrix
Greg Lyons - Laguardia / Eastern Conference Champions
Pete De Freitas - Echo and the Bunnymen

PS - I have no probs admitting Mike Joyce is my favorite drummer to ever play with Moz :guitar:

I was waiting for you to join in. :) I'll have to check out some of these I am not as familiar with the likes of Greg Lyons.

And I think Mike Joyce did progress quite a bit over the course of the Smith's career. Right at the begining you can tell he wasn't that experienced but I will give him credit for improving a lot. But he is not my favorite Moz drummer.

I was waiting for you to join in. :) I'll have to check out some of these I am not as familiar with the likes of Greg Lyons.

And I think Mike Joyce did progress quite a bit over the course of the Smith's career. Right at the begining you can tell he wasn't that experienced but I will give him credit for improving a lot. But he is not my favorite Moz drummer.

I found a much better appreciation for MJ once I started collecting bootleg Smiths DVDs..

Laguardia was from Southampton, PA so I went to see them live 40/50 times easily..He was my favorite drummer from the Philly area ever..They got signed to Universal and put out a record but have now split. ECC is a couple members from that band are signed and touring the world..Not as good as Laguardia in my opinion but Greg is so damn creative..he is a total drum hero and a friend..Once former member of ECC is now in Kasabian funny enough.

Oh yeah, I neglected to mention Stephen Perkins of Janes Addiction..of course Moon the Loon and Bonham top my list as well.

Tags
hey ringo not spencer
Back
Top Bottom