CATTERICK / episode 2 - Morrissey Central (23 April, 2019)

The news is a clip from a 15-year old TV show which has been commented on on this site many, many years ago.

The thinnest of all possible watery gruels.

This is donkeys years old. What next? The sequence in an early David Dickinson antiques programme when they did a sequence about David’s sartorial aplomb to the sounds of The Last of Famous International Playboys?

It’s like they have a website, but lack any imagination as to what to fill it with. All the gear, but no idea.

This is donkeys years old. What next? The sequence in an early David Dickinson antiques programme when they did a sequence about David’s sartorial aplomb to the sounds of The Last of Famous International Playboys?

It’s like they have a website, but lack any imagination as to what to fill it with. All the gear, but no idea.
Well, I think even we had a phase here of Smiths tunes played in the background of Corrie or Eastenders - things can only improve!? :)
The 'they' you refer to is probably just a 'he'.
Add to that a relationship dynamic that makes it difficult to say: 'oi, what's this crap photoshop job you're circulating...' and stuff like this then has a clearer explanation.
I would go on, but it would just become a rant about diminished quality of communication and marketing et al.
TTY had its shortcomings, but it was given more credence as a source of information than the current nepotistic effort.
Regards,
FWD.

The news is a clip from a 15-year old TV show which has been commented on on this site many, many years ago.

The thinnest of all possible watery gruels.
only for people who have already seen it,many people from wherever have probably never seen it so even though its fifteen years old to you its brand new for a lot of people.

Posting a clip from a Reeves and Mortimer show - does Sam know that his uncle hates Vic Reeves following the whole 'Morrissey Consumer Monkey' stuff? Or has that silly feud ended? Maybe he'll post a clip of that next?

This was a great series so harsh to criticize Sam for adding this link.

Good old Vic and Bob. When M went global he seemed to turn his back on northern humour. I miss those days when M was in touch with his northerness. The humour has gone from the Hulmerist.
Being from Yorkshire I could relate to so much from The Smiths era up until (just about) You are the Quarry. M was self-deprecating and his reference points were something a lot of us could grasp.
Where is the humour or humility now?
Is this what happens to us when we near 60?

Pilgrimupnorth

I for one thought the actor was indeed singing the song. If I did not have the prior knowledge of that being one of Morrissey's songs I would have sworn the actor was truly singing with his own voice. There is no way that someone has the ability to lip sync that convincingly. I firmly believe the effect was achieved via computer enhancement. Splendid bit of production.

only for people who have already seen it,many people from wherever have probably never seen it so even though its fifteen years old to you its brand new for a lot of people.
Yeah, I actually hadn't seen this series - probably too busy raising wains at the time. The Satan part is hilarious - love Reece Shearsmith, his stuff with Steve Pemberton on Inside Number 9 is genius. But I would agree that it is a bit 'scattergun', posting it on Central now.

Must be quite difficult to rake up 20+ years of Moz references to undermine m-Solo. So hats off, SER. Stunning publicity work there. Sam Etsy Rayner is to public relations what Sam Etsy Rayner is to photoshop

Last edited:

Hi Gordy - there really is no point trying to talk sense to this moronic twat. Thanks for all your valuable contributions over the years.

I like little references like this. I wish there was a compilation blu ray with all theseittle snippets on

Shamefully, I'm one of them! But I live in Sweden now so I'll blame that.

Well, I think even we had a phase here of Smiths tunes played in the background of Corrie or Eastenders - things can only improve!? :)
The 'they' you refer to is probably just a 'he'.
Add to that a relationship dynamic that makes it difficult to say: 'oi, what's this crap photoshop job you're circulating...' and stuff like this then has a clearer explanation.
I would go on, but it would just become a rant about diminished quality of communication and marketing et al.
TTY had its shortcomings, but it was given more credence as a source of information than the current nepotistic effort.
Regards,
FWD.

Up to moz sam would never be involved in anything ..This is all Morrissey's moms fault .
Moz has nothing in common with sam, at all . Its obv hes only doing this as it makes his mum happy.
I like the way even though hes family sam has about as much insight into his uncle as your average fan.

Sam " Nana if uncle steve would do this i may be famous "
Morrisseys mum " Ok my lovely grandson , let me speak to our kid"

Morrisseys Mum shouting up stairs " steeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvveeeen , get the fook down here and make sam famous"

Moz " Ok mum SORRY "

what a pile of garbage morrissey central is, I guess the website reflects his career fairly well - slowly going downhill and relying on other people’s work for content.

Hi Gordy - there really is no point trying to talk sense to this moronic twat. Thanks for all your valuable contributions over the years.
not a problem.

Yeah, I actually hadn't seen this series - probably too busy raising wains at the time. The Satan part is hilarious - love Reece Shearsmith, his stuff with Steve Pemberton on Inside Number 9 is genius. But I would agree that it is a bit 'scattergun', posting it on Central now.
just watched league of gentleman live,some good bits but some don't hit the mark,like mark gatiss as hes a huge hammer house of horror fan like myself.

just watched league of gentleman live,some good bits but some don't hit the mark,like mark gatiss as hes a huge hammer house of horror fan like myself.
I didn't know that. He's a huge talent and really interesting, always worth watching anything he's involved in. I've tried to get into LoG but just can't quite manage it. Absolutely love No. 9 though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom