Cataloging your collection?

roky

Do any of you collectors have you collection categorized in a program (as excel) or any record collection software? I need to get my collection in order. I sometimes forget what I have and bid, or buy things I already have. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

Do any of you collectors have you collection categorized in a program (as excel) or any record collection software? I need to get my collection in order. I sometimes forget what I have and bid, or buy things I already have. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Roky,

Mine is in Excel.
You can copy/paste the info for the various releases directly from Passions into Word, clean it all up and delete the ones you don't own.
When this is done you can then paste it all into Excel (neater in my opinion).
This is what I did anyway.

Cheers,

I.R.

hey roky, are you on a mac or windows or... ?

I use Discogs. (discogs.com)
There you can export the data as a exel file for example...
Regards

I don't use this, but some friends do. Seems pretty nice.
I just downloaded to test, and you're able to use your webcam to scan bar codes of commercial releases. For promos and other rare stuff, you can enter info and artwork manually.
You can set up different shelves, etc etc...

I just downloaded to test if I could add different formats.
The "Best of I..." cd is selected and it shows some info on the right side, which was put in automatically by scanning the bar code.

http://www.delicious-monster.com

I think it's Mac only.

nga8v5.png

Last edited:
Wow Flax, that looks great.
I do have a PC and I searched to see if it is available. There is this http://www.imediaman.com/ which seems kinda similar. I going to try it out. Thanks for the tip.

IR that was what I was thinking about doing. Copying and pasting into word then excel.
I think I will do that as well. to keep track. Thanks for all the tips guys.

Oh, IR, you will enjoy this. I FINALLY just bought the German 2 track "Alma" thanks to a member on here, I don't know if wants me to say his name. But it is being shipped tomorrow. :clap:. I have been after that booger for a year now.:thumb:

Well done Roky, I would always rather buy from some one on this forum than use ebay.

Personally I use excel, just because when I go to record fairs, I forget what I've already bought and I do have a habit of buying something I've already got if I don't have a printed copy of my collection.

I really like what you have done there Flax, I think I will def. give that software a go.

Back
Top Bottom