Cartel promo poster variations

A

Anonymous

went thru collection today and woz wondering how often people see differences in their posters, the big and small variations of the cartel promos., aka, blank margin length at top, blank margin length at bottom, actual image body length/width, etc. is it common to see much difference on these every now and then? my bigmouth is supposed to be 58x87 but varies, my ask is supposed to be 45x60 but varies, william 36x54 not quite

The Cartel was the distribution company for Rough Trade Records and other British indies at the time. They have nothing to do with the posters. They are just credited on them.

Most of the posters with a white border are reproductions, not originals.

You can view all official posters in the collectors appendix to the discographies from "Passions Just Like Mine" (link below).

were they all printed non-white/off-white to begin with, or are you implying this woz due to aging/exposure to atmosphere? i do realize cartel didn't print them, just seeing roughly 1/2", 1/4", sometimes almost 3/4" difference in the stated margins on the site versus some of my examples like the william & bigmouth and woz not sure how controlled & repeatable the print process was

the 45x60 ask on your site has white borders around the graphic as well

Back
Top Bottom