Carlos D leaves Interpol

fuckfrankie

i was wondering why the Interpolnyc site would load...

http://www.nme.com/news/interpol/50993

lame...this would be the first tour i'd see them on, and from watching youtube stuff it looked like D was the most entertaining.

aside from that, his playing was so distinctive, it's gonna be difficult to replace him

WHAT?! That's a real pity. :(
He contributed so much to the band, his playing really was very distinctive. The album will show if they're still as great, I guess.

WHAT?! That's a real pity. :(
He contributed so much to the band, his playing really was very distinctive. The album will show if they're still as great, I guess.

well, he played on the album, so i guess we don't have to worry about that. being as the song-writing duties are collaborative, with Dengler writing both the bass lines and the keyboard stuff, i'm sure any future albums will not sound the same

well, he played on the album, so i guess we don't have to worry about that. being as the song-writing duties are collaborative, with Dengler writing both the bass lines and the keyboard stuff, i'm sure any future albums will not sound the same

True. Even though I think Our Love to Admire wasn't as good as Antics, so I hope they didn't continue in the same way. But that has of course nothing to do with Carlos leaving.
Not sure if they'll be worth seeing live anymore though.

From what I've read over the years Daniel wrote most of the bass lines. I liked Carlos a lot as a character and think he will be sorely missed..

True. Even though I think Our Love to Admire wasn't as good as Antics, so I hope they didn't continue in the same way. But that has of course nothing to do with Carlos leaving.
Not sure if they'll be worth seeing live anymore though.

I think Carlos D and Sam Fogarino were both really spare parts on Our Love to Admire and I think that is why I think the album is really flat. The only song I like on it is Who Do You Think?

I'm hoping for something better with the next album but the leaked song that I listened to left me disappointed.

I saw them live twice but skipped last tour based on the fact that they were charging $60 for a 15 song set full of OLTA songs.

Back
Top Bottom