Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena (Mar. 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Scandinavia / One Of Our Own / Meat is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by mozzalini999.

• Photo by Kevin Pick - from We Are Mozzerians / Facebook. Link posted by docinwestchester.

cardiff.jpg
  • Review by Kirstie McCrum (5/5 stars) - Wales Online
  • Review by Leah Davies - South Wales Argus
  • Review and photos (20 total) by Kevin Pick - eGigs.co.uk
  • Morrissey review – in shockingly good voice throughout by Ben Thompson (4 / 5 stars, 1 photo) - The Guardian. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
I'm vegan but I can see the point you're making. It's entirely valid and logical, unlike Morrissey's emotional blackmail. There is MORE suffering involved in dairy production than in beef production. It's really astonishing how Morrissey's fans will defend his random arbitrary moralising against any and all evidence. It's exactly what a cult would do for their leader. Morrissey has absolutely no ethical basis on which to label you, or anyone else, guilty of 'murder' because he is complicit in the murder of dairy calves for veal. Without their murder, he would not have access to cheese.

best
BB

Not only astonishing but quite amusing. Solo is one big case study into sycophancy--a gold mine for any social scientist or other person who is endlessly curious about human behavior--that would include you and I. :p

Not only astonishing but quite amusing. Solo is one big case study into sycophancy--a gold mine for any social scientist or other person who is endlessly curious about human behavior--that would include you and I. :p

^THIS!

I must remember to quote this comment by you each and every time I'm asked, yet again, why I comment here. It IS a goldmine. There are few places on the web that don't exercise some sneaky censorship once you challenge a thought idolatry. I find this place a very stimulating trigger to go and research topics which are randomly raised by seemingly inconsequential threads. I'm also doing lots of other things whilst I have this tab open but the assumption is that I'm in 'Mom's Basement'. In fact, I'm also cooking a spicy cauliflower bake as I LOL at the invective directed at me simply for having an opinion. I hope you continue to post here. It gets a bit wild at times but it's fun as well!

best
BB

I've added an edit of your comment to my Sig as it's so good. The added bonus is that CG will have to gaze on your insight every time she tries and fails to troll me with chickens, Tarot and the rest

Last edited:
^THIS!

I must remember to quote this comment by you each and every time I'm asked, yet again, why I comment here.

:)

It IS a goldmine. There are few places on the web that don't exercise some sneaky censorship once you challenge a thought idolatry. I find this place a very stimulating trigger to go and research topics which are randomly raised by seemingly inconsequential threads.

Exactly! Censorship stops the natural flow of discussion. This place allows great ideas and views to come out of the closet and be scrutinized and critized with a fair measure of impunity. (Thanks davidt.)

I'm also doing lots of other things whilst I have this tab open but the assumption is that I'm in 'Mom's Basement'. In fact, I'm also cooking a spicy cauliflower bake as I LOL at the invective directed at me simply for having an opinion. I hope you continue to post here. It gets a bit wild at times but it's fun as well!

best
BB

Likewise. That cauliflower bake sounds yummy.

I've added an edit of your comment to my Sig as it's so good. The added bonus is that CG will have to gaze on your insight every time she tries and fails to troll me with chickens, Tarot and the rest

Hehe. Love it. Thanks!

Yes. The steak is much more honest. It is authentic; it doesn't try to hide its nature and origin. You can't see the hidden costs of bringing that potato from farm to table. We are all complicit. We are all murderers. So why don't we stop the moralizing. Stop the labelling. And just agree we are all human trying to make the best of this short life we have on this planet called Earth. I don't care what Morrissey eats. I do care how he chooses to make pariahs out of flesh consumers--those who eat at the top of the tier--authentically. I feel no shame or remorse about my carefully thought-out decision to consume flesh--in its fleshy form. We are not all docile bodies--like Morrissey seems to assume. Some of us actually have tackled these issues and are OK with the conclusions we have drawn.

What's that about not labeling? Buffoon.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea that steak is authentic. A food protein fitting of the class structure and sophistication of the cheesatarian whose insights enlighten the meek and stupid. We are so lucky.

Thankyou for your comments, I'm very glad to share my experience. I still can't get over it.

Even Brummie Boy seems enlightened by somebody who allegedly was indoctrinated in the "Dad-rock cult" informing him about the tribute to the Free bassist. Which is ironic in itself. And how many pages to gleam that info????

Are you referring to me? I was not "indoctrinated in the 'Dad-rock cult'" at all, thank you very much. No need to make an assumption based on my age. I like the music I like because I like it. I've never been subject to any 'alleged indoctrination' (Alleged by who? The great gods of argumental convenience?) from my parents or otherwise. I'm not even a fan of Free, but I felt it was something worth mentioning. This kind of attitude to younger fans is exactly what puts them off coming onto a website like this.

Thankyou for your comments, I'm very glad to share my experience. I still can't get over it.

Are you referring to me? I was not "indoctrinated in the 'Dad-rock cult'" at all, thank you very much. No need to make an assumption based on my age. I like the music I like because I like it. I've never been subject to any 'alleged indoctrination' (Alleged by who? The great gods of argumental convenience?) from my parents or otherwise. I'm not even a fan of Free, but I felt it was something worth mentioning. This kind of attitude to younger fans is exactly what puts them off coming onto a website like this.

According to BrummieBoy earlier in this colossal quagmire of shite most younger Morrissey fans were indoctrinated into the Dadrock cult of Morrissey by their folks.

Apologies if I offended you that was not my intention at all. As I attended said concert with a wide demographic of fans who are also friends and acquaintances I would not say I have an agist attitude to anyone who appreciates Morrissey's music and persona.

Again apologies

your fearless leader moz says cheese ok. you eat cheese. when he changes his mind, and fearless leader says no cheese then you all will quit eating cheese. when fearless leader says jump you jump. lol

You haven't the foggiest what I eat or anything else about me you complete and utter f***ing gibbon. You haven't even got enough about yourself to invent your own ideas to troll, or to register to troll, you just hang off the word of someone else. Gibbon is too kind, you're a Psychrolutes marcidus.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea that steak is authentic. A food protein fitting of the class structure and sophistication of the cheesatarian whose insights enlighten the meek and stupid. We are so lucky.

I see BB's sycophantic follower is following him around like a lap dog again. Pathetic really, but authentic.

According to BrummieBoy earlier in this colossal quagmire of shite most younger Morrissey fans were indoctrinated into the Dadrock cult of Morrissey by their folks.

This is why I keep saying that if Bummie truly believes this shit, he ought to have the courage of his convictions and write an essay detailing all his grievances and insights and submit it to a music magazine or the entertainment features editor of a major newspaper. They are all crying out for fresh voices, so one would think Bummie's Authoritative Guide To Morrissey ought to go down a storm. So why doesn't he do it? It can't be that he's too busy because he has plenty of time to compose the avalanches of drivel he posts here. Maybe it's because he knows deep down it's all implausible, badly-written nonsense and the narcissist in him can't countenance the idea of rejection and failure?

But the point is, he and Barleycunt have painted themselves into a corner: they've both adopted this "Morrissey needs to be challenged" mantra, yet they both agree that this site is largely peopled by those who don't share their prejudices and fondness for bizarre conspiracy theories (which is why they attempt to dismiss everyone else as "sycophants", "cultists", "yes-men" etc) and it follows that their "challenges" won't be taken seriously on here. So why don't they take their "challenges" out into the wider world? If they seriously want to influence the world's perception of Morrissey, daily whining on an inconsequential little website isn't going to achieve anything, ever. Why don't they take their campaign to the music press? Or the national press? If they limit their complaining to So_Low it just shows up their "Morrissey needs to be challenged" mantra as the unconvincing excuse for trolling that it really is.

Even Bummie's latest bit of barrel-scraping fails to convince: he's now decided that Morrissey holds a morbid car crash appeal for him and claims he's only rubber-necking at the scene. To continue the analogy, how many people who are guilty of rubber-necking at traffic accidents spend the whole time shouting insults at the driver while he or she is cut from the wreckage? Nice try, but must do better. A good sub-editor would remove this kind of lazy attempt at self-justification, so you might want to exclude it from the copy you submit to the press. Let us know how you get on.

You haven't the foggiest what I eat or anything else about me you complete and utter f***ing gibbon. You haven't even got enough about yourself to invent your own ideas to troll, or to register to troll, you just hang off the word of someone else. Gibbon is too kind, you're a Psychrolutes marcidus.

got hit in sore spot, come on, there is nothing wrong in being a blind follower of r, ron morrissey, you great fearless leader.
meat no cheese yes.

LOL! Shouldn't your enquiry about 'uncompromisingly puritan about other people's eating habits' be addressed to Morrissey as he labels meat eaters guilty of 'murder'? You move from comparing cheese to beef to comparing a bloody steak to a potato. Logic clearly isn't your strong point. The main input to agriculture is synthetic phosphorous, that' what produces the grain crops that feed the cattle.

Is Morrissey a breatharian? Or just a hypocrite full of hot air singing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst digesting cheese in his gut?

best
BB

morrissey is who sets the pattern for their life, their fountain of good from wrong. consuming flesh is wrong because morriseey says so, and for no other reason.
on the other hand, moz consumes cheese, making it perfectly ethical to snack on.

Apologies if I offended you that was not my intention at all. As I attended said concert with a wide demographic of fans who are also friends and acquaintances I would not say I have an agist attitude to anyone who appreciates Morrissey's music and persona.

Again apologies

Ah okay, I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding. Not very easy to navigate through this "colossal quagmire of shite", as you put it. BrummieBoy is right off the mark on that. Thanks for being understanding. :)

Thank you for this very thoughtul and thorough review of the show; it means a great deal to those of us who would love to be there but just cannot. I'm glad that you included some of the remarks made in between the songs; when he's fairly chatty during the show, it's a good sign that he is pleased with the way the performance is being received. Additionally, your take on the 'cheese' subject is, in my opinion, quite accurate. I think that if Morrissey isn't vegan yet, he is headed toward that direction. As you said, it's difficult not to make that choice if you are truly committed to protecting animals. Let's hope that he makes an official announcement so that the threads can get back on track. Please post again if you are fortunate enough to see any more shows. Some of us in the US are hoping for some late spring or summer shows, but if that doesn't happen, we can at least use posts like yours to remember our own fond experiences.

lynnda

You're welcome Lynnda. I'm glad it was of interest. Will hopefully go to another show before he goes to Australia, I hope you get to see him in the US sometime soon. I've enjoyed reading the (few) reviews of other gigs he's done. Still curious about the 40 second gap in Speedway... but now know that it was intentional as he's done similar elsewhere, in Groningen he sang 'Ding a Dong' during it, I guess he didn't think the Cardiff crowd deserved any Eurovision.

P.S. Is BB trying to break the record of how many times someone's said 'cheese' on one website? The dairy industry will be proud.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom