Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena (Mar. 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Scandinavia / One Of Our Own / Meat is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by mozzalini999.

• Photo by Kevin Pick - from We Are Mozzerians / Facebook. Link posted by docinwestchester.

cardiff.jpg
  • Review by Kirstie McCrum (5/5 stars) - Wales Online
  • Review by Leah Davies - South Wales Argus
  • Review and photos (20 total) by Kevin Pick - eGigs.co.uk
  • Morrissey review – in shockingly good voice throughout by Ben Thompson (4 / 5 stars, 1 photo) - The Guardian. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
How kind.

I'm pleased you enjoyed Cardiff and it went well for all concerned, however, Morrissey does not exist moment to moment. He, like the rest of us, is trapped in linear time. His opinions are known and the controversies he has often seemed to have deliberately manufactured stay with him. He has not resiled from a single one, however awful. That is the action not of an iconoclast, but a fool.

"You are fettered," said Scrooge, trembling. "Tell me why?"

"I wear the chains I forged in life," replied the Ghost. "I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it."

^THIS!

Morrissey is indeed dragging the various corpses of previous iterations of his 'persona' around with him and some of them now smell of putrefaction. He has an uphill struggle even if he has a flash of insight tonight in Leeds and begins reforming himself so that his legacy isn't purely based around ridicule and scorn.

best
BB

It's a f***ing thread about the gig in Cardiff where as far as I am aware Morrissey said nothing controversial, did nothing controversial and undertook a rather professional performance in front of half-full venue. (although I may have been drunk but i really wasn't that inebriated, mum)

Even Brummie Boy seems enlightened by somebody who allegedly was indoctrinated in the "Dad-rock cult" informing him about the tribute to the Free bassist. Which is ironic in itself. And how many pages to gleam that info????

So feel Free to criticise Morrissey, he often deserves it, but I just think the gig reviews should just concentrate on the shows and NOT the agenda some people have concerning the Fuhrer. Unless Morrissey's actions or remarks invite such criticism.

We all now the Meat is Murder video and the arguments for and against it and it's becoming increasingly tedious.

He sold Cheezy Paninis whilst singing 'Meat Is Murder'. What could be more controversial? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best
BB

Morrissey's voice is better than it has ever been. I'm glad that he's no nostalgia act and plays a majority of newer material.
I don't really see how it not being totally sold out has any relevance at all - the set was perfect, band were loud and Moz's vocals were on point. The thousands of people who were there seemed to go away happy. Who gives a shit about the people that WERENT there?

Morrissey gives a shit about the empty seats, that's why he had to console himself by bragging about Sydney the same day.

best
BB

The tour section explicitly states post your reviews and info. Nothing else. There are plenty of other opportunitites here to vent one's spleen about Morrissey's implied and express hypocrisy. E.g. Wouldn't most of the contents on this tour review thread been more appropriate in the PETA merchandising stall section? Therefore allowing those of us who wanted to read of a communal experience watching someone whom has beguiled us/ infuriated us/ I've got the Smiths Greatest Hits on CD in the car and thought he was quite good live the opportunity to discuss the concert?

Anyway regardless I appreciate your Scrooge analogy above., although you are subtly accepting Morrisey's insistence that he is not a performer! Which even I a veteran of 30 plus gigs find increasingly nonsensical.

And this is why posters like yourself and the other two B-Boys should not be put on ignore as you do make intelligent critiques some of the time.

I just get frustrated with lthe randomness of the editorial control here. Tour section should be for the reviews of shows and other related info.

There are plenty of other sub-forums to criticise Morrissey's latest records, pronouncements and sexual habits.

That's what i did. I posted info about the menu at the event sourced from Twitter. How is that not helpful and relevant?

There are no paid staff here, it's self-organising. Do you really think there's an office block in LA full of folk organising this chaos?

And when was the last time you remonstrated with CG about her sex fantasies with Morrissey as the victim?

best
BB

Because I was not at the Cardiff-Motorpoint Arena and thus have nothing to say about the gig. I was hoping to read from those that did. Apparently, other people who also did not attend the concert in question, have decided to post the same thing on this thread they do on every other. And for some reason--people who claim to be annoyed at their disruption of this form--encourage them by responding to and arguing with them as opposed to ignoring them. Quite frankly the lot of you all deserve each other.

This site might as well be called Brummie Boy Solo as opposed to Morrissey-Solo at this point.

I really hope you're pleased with yourself. In fact, I have no doubt that you are.

Please re-read the thread. I sourced evidence from Twitter that Morrissey was STILL selling Cheese at his gigs despite inviting PETA to propagandise about veganism. How can this not be relevant to a discussion of the event? Are you claiming that nobody should respond to the ominous return of PATSE to the set list?

I did NOT comment on the Nottingham thread as no relevant information emerged, until the troll CG insisted on referencing my name - EVEN THOUGH I HADN'T COMMENTED HERE FOR 3 WEEKS!

Who, exactly, is trolling whom in this situation? Perhaps you should discuss with CG her uncontrollable propensity to engage with me. Ditto Surface, Charlie Chester, Sorrow of Stamford Bridge and all the others. They were also absent from the gig.

Whilst the organisation of this site is pleasant and helpful in both hierarchical and linear layout, there is a fruitful osmosis from thread to thread as many people traverse the site over the course of an online session, referencing interlinked discussions in the live, news and other areas. The Pigsty is a necessary safety valve but following the retirements of VH,NHNS & Skylarker, it is currently very quiet. As for your comment that this is now a site dominated by me, that's not my choosing, it's the choice of others who continuously stalk, harass and troll me. Not that I care. I was advised earlier that I was responsible for this site becoming:

A hateful online creche dominated by a self important art hound.

This both pleased and amused me though I am sure it would enrage the original 3 Mental Patients who triggered the accolade from KY. I am the utlimate Art Hound, with a big nose, who knows....that there is a link between a Free song and a Morrissey song. Why is that irrelevant to the discussion of a gig where Morrissey came out of the closet...about admiring Andy Fraser?......if you only knew.....there's so much more than i'm willing to say....etc.....LOL!

best
BB

I hope this is a helpful clarification for you.

best
BB

Last edited:
Please re-read the thread. I sourced evidence from Twitter that Morrissey was STILL selling Cheese at his gigs despite inviting PETA to propagandise about veganism. How can this not be relevant to a discussion of the event? Are you claiming that nobody should respond to the ominous return of PATSE to the set list?

I did NOT comment on the Nottingham thread as no relevant information emerged, until the troll CG insisted on referencing my name - EVEN THOUGH I HADN'T COMMENTED HERE FOR 3 WEEKS!

Who, exactly, is trolling whom in this situation? Perhaps you should discuss with CG her uncontrollable propensity to engage with me. Ditto Surface, Charlie Chester, Sorrow of Stamford Bridge and all the others. They were also absent from the gig.

Whilst the organisation of this site is pleasant and helpful in both hierarchical and linear layout, there is a fruitful osmosis from thread to thread as many people traverse the site over the course of an online session, referencing interlinked discussions in the live, news and other areas. The Pigsty is a necessary safety valve but following the retirements of VH,NHNS & Skylarker, it is currently very quiet. As for your comment that this is now a site dominated by me, that's not my choosing, it's the choice of others who continuously stalk, harass and troll me. Not that I care. I was advised earlier that I was responsible for this site becoming:

This both pleased and amused me though I am sure it would enrage the original 3 Mental Patients who triggered the accolade from KY. I am the utlimate Art Hound, with a big nose, who knows....that there is a link between a Free song and a Morrissey song. Why is that irrelevant to the discussion of a gig where Morrissey came out of the closet...about admiring Andy Fraser?......if you only knew.....there's so much more than i'm willing to say....etc.....LOL!

best
BB

I hope this is a helpful clarification for you.

best
BB

Did anyone else see Morrissey selling cheese or Brummie telling lies?

Can all you moaning twatting c***s just f*** off and share your shit drivel on Twatter or something.
I don't give a flying about cheese or such nonsense.

Morrissey is a f***ing modern legend, hence the amount of fan devotion. So give him a break and talk about the shows, and share happy experiences. And, play some music. And stop with all the bollocks.

Happy times. It was a good lay, good lay.

He banned hamburgers and authorised Morrissey The Consumer Monkey Cheezy Paninis.

Deal with it. He authorised Torture/Slaughter Cheese.

Best
BB

You stated Morrissey was selling them, he wasn't, he was performing on the stage.

Anyone got photos of Morrissey selling cheese Paninis in Cardiff?

Stop telling lies Brummie.

I was thrilled and delighted to receive the following compliment earlier which claimed I was responsible for this forum becoming:

Your claim that this site has no effect on Morrissey or his career is implausible given his explosions in Bradford and Copenhagen. I choose to find it all terribly amusing. I'm also very clear that I'm doing nothing other than express my own views about this singing Troll. The fact that doing so enrages so many of his cult is hilarious, especially since they can simply ignore me.

If I were ever to become a public figure it would be in relation to something *slightly* more interesting than dissecting the corpse of Morrissey's career.

best
BB

Why the f*** should I put you on ignore?

I was here long before you decided to wade in with your stale cheese agenda and, against my better judgment and the fact I'm not a twittering twat, will probably still be visiting this website when they scatter your ashes over spaghetti junction. Or probably the M6 toll road in your case.

You don't enrage me by the way, I pity your rather empty existence. Didn't they try to outlaw Repetitive Beats in the Criminial Justice And Public Order Act 1994? Alongside the right to silence?

Anyway must dash early bird gets the early worm and all that and I anticipate with unbridled glee another vegan Jay Rayner diatribe about cheesy snacks in Yorkshire tomorrow morning.

View attachment 33919

He was selling Cheezy Paninis at £3.60. No burgers though.

best
BB

you got him red handed!!!!!
as PER ARTIST REQUEST there will be no meat products sold. AS PER THE ARTIST REQUEST being the moz. obviously he did not request the same for the cheese products as right next to the sign is a cheesy advertisement.
what is being is sold is what the artist wants sold.

You stated Morrissey was selling them, he wasn't, he was performing on the stage.

Anyone got photos of Morrissey selling cheese Paninis in Cardiff?

Stop telling lies Brummie.

He set the parameters of the menu by banning meat products. Ipso facto, he allowed Cheezy Paninis. He probably took a cut of the cheesecake takings along with the tee shirt revenue. Grow a pair.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Why the f*** should I put you on ignore?

I was here long before you decided to wade in with your stale cheese agenda and, against my better judgment and the fact I'm not a twittering twat, will probably still be visiting this website when they scatter your ashes over spaghetti junction. Or probably the M6 toll road in your case.

You don't enrage me by the way, I pity your rather empty existence. Didn't they try to outlaw Repetitive Beats in the Criminial Justice And Public Order Act 1994? Alongside the right to silence?

Anyway must dash early bird gets the early worm and all that and I anticipate with unbridled glee another vegan Jay Rayner diatribe about cheesy snacks in Yorkshire tomorrow morning.

Calm down Taffy. I know it's traditional to pre-load before heading onto St Mary's but maybe you should just have a cup of cocao and an early night? You don't want to end up being throw in the Heddlu van. Again.

best
BB

He set the parameters of the menu by banning meat products. Ipso facto, he allowed Cheezy Paninis. He probably took a cut of the cheesecake takings along with the tee shirt revenue. Grow a pair.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down Taffy. I know it's traditional to pre-load before heading onto St Mary's but maybe you should just have a cup of cocao and an early night? You don't want to end up being throw in the Heddlu van. Again.

best
BB

So you agree, Morrissey himself wasn't selling cheese products?

Hi all i'm here to talk about my experience of the concert. It was my first time seeing Moz, i'm 17 and from Powys in Wales, and I absolutely loved it! It was INCREDIBLE! I went with my friend Bella, also her first time seeing him. I was seated (which I think I rather really, and it became a blessing as I had a nosebleed about 4 songs in. I couldn't get out and go to the toilet, no chance I was missing any of it, so I just got a hanky, pinched my nose and kept watching. I stained my 'Smiths Is Dead' t shirt in the process. Typical me, typical me, typical me). Where I was sitting, Buffy Sainte Marie was met with bemusement and stiff upper lips. Not quite what I expected, pretty nutty and not necessarily in a good way. She is 74 though, fair play to her! There was cheering when Buffy and her band left the stage. The montage of Youtube-quality videos was interesting if maybe a little tedious in parts, but it felt like Morrissey was showing you something he wanted you to watch and that was very cool. Nice to see Visage in there, nice tribute. The actual gig, well it was of course fantastic! I loved the setlist, rather rounded and not 'greatest hits'. The new album translates very well live, especially the more upbeat numbers like "Kiss Me Alot" and "The Bullfighter Dies". "Istanbul" is my favourite on the album, very happy to hear that. Of course, the Smiths tracks (That bit of Rubber Ring! Oh!) and stuff like "Suedehead" "Every Day Is Like Sunday" and "First of the Gang" were the highlights. It was the first time i've ever heard "One of Our Own", I must have missed it last year, and I really love it it's become a favourite. It was a real highlight for me. Moz's tribute to Free's Andy Fraser, who's passed away, was very sweet "Some of you are too young to remember, but some of us are too old to forget". OH and did I see Moz pick up somebody's flowers and VERY briefly swing them around Smiths style? I really hope my eyes weren't deceiving me, that was very special. I don't know what else to say about the gig that hasn't already probably been said. After the concert ended me and Bella waited outside the back of the venue for nearly two hours in the hope of seeing M. There was a few other young fans with us too, nice to see that. We were the last ones waiting there, he went past in a blacked-out lorry, we didn't see him but we weren't disappointing. The gig was fantastic, a great memory. I really really want to see him again. I hope everybody else had a great time too.

Thanks for posting your take on the show; it's greatly appreciated by those of us who can't be there. It's especially interesting to see a review from someone seeing Morrissey for the first time, although, for me, the thrill of watching him on stage and the emotional impact of hearing that voice in person makes each concert a riveting experience. I haven't had the opportunity to see any of WPINOYB performed live, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

lynnda

I have a short review of the gig if anyone's interested. It was amazing, but that was inevitable really. Morrissey was on top form, full of energy and passion as always. I saw him in Italy at the beginning of the tour and this one was just as good, it's remarkable that standards haven't dropped five months in. In fact, the setlists are now longer, 20 songs instead of 17. He obviously enjoys doing the shows - I think he once said that he feels most alive when performing on stage, and I feel most alive when he's performing on stage too, so long may they continue.

A few of the things he said... "Tonight will be death, or dishonour." "Do you know how old I am? I'm 32." "I'd like to say thank you to Caaadiff, whatever happens, I love you."

The highlights for me were Trouble Loves Me, World Peace, The Queen is Dead (Some lyrics were changed, 'her very lowness with her head in a sling, I'm not sorry but it sounds like a wonderful thing.' 'So I checked all the registered historical facts and I wasn't surprised to discover.' 'I swear to god I still don't know what drugs are'. What She Said, Suedehead (I think he said 'you had to sneak into my room just to see my utter gloom.' Paris, Stop Me, Sunday, I'm Not a Man, Bullfighter Dies, First of the Gang. Ok so the whole gig was a highlight (of my life).

The power (?) went off during Speedway, after 'you won't smile until my loving mouth is shut good and proper forever'. When it came back on he carried on as if nothing had happened, so perhaps it was deliberate, I don't know.

Anyway the subject matter is clearly cheese... so onto that... I didn't see any cheese panini's being sold. So that's a relief, as it's true that there's as much cruelty, if not more cruelty, in the dairy trade as there is in the meat trade. Like humans, cows produce milk for their babies, but because people quite like it on their cereal or in a light snack such as a cheese panini, the calves are taken from their mothers and killed, some are shot at birth and some are exported abroad and killed at the slaughterhouse for the meat trade (veal). The females are made pregnant over and over again, while living in horrific conditions, going through the heartache of having her babies taken away, and then she herself is killed for meat at the end. Banning meat products (and being so passionate about it that gigs are cancelled if venues don't comply), while allowing dairy products is of course hypocritical, this is a fact not an opinion. But like I said I didn't see cheese panini's (and you can get vegan cheese by the way).

Meat is Murder was written before the horrors of the dairy (and egg) industries had been exposed at large. (See http://www.whitelies.org.uk/resources/video-footage/dark-side-dairy
and http://www.viva.org.uk/what-we-do/our-work/chicken-eggs) It was before the internet FFS. Just because Morrissey (along with the majority of us) wasn't vegan then, doesn't mean he isn't now. If he isn't yet, it's only a matter of time, as with his morals he couldn't possibly continue to eat cheese etc after seeing the footage. I have faith...

One more thing - what's with this obsession with how many 'youngsters' there are at his shows? I don't hear this being said about other (older) musicians after their gigs - Bowie, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc, so why him? It's ridiculous. Music is timeless and ageless.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom