Morrissey Central "CAPITOL RECORDS, LOS ANGELES" (February 17, 2023)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date

Screenshot_20230217-114303~3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
can you please explain?
The quote:
"Capitol Records has announced that they have rewritten some of the lyrics on Morrissey's new album"
Is computer generated.
FWD.

If Morrissey refused to replace Miley's voice, then all this trouble is just his fault. I don't see any added value in her quite common voice. He could easily find another singer to replace her and have the record released.
Of course we don't know what's exactly happening.

Right wing trope: "Poor Misunderstood Suicide Bomber"
All Mozzball fans are right wing (yes, all of them). The polar opposite of original Smiths fans.
Yes the world has moved on since then. Smiths fans who can't listen to Morrissey are clearly pussies ;)

FiDo's latest word salad is merely a distraction and likely does not have anything to do with M's latest record company woes.
The issue is Miley Cyrus. This record cannot be released with her on it and that was explained by the Quest management agent on twitter. If M had allowed her to remain uncredited and unknown, it would probably not be an issue.
Last night I posted here about Eddie Van Halen playing on Beat It, uncredited. It got moved because I probably did not explain the connection well enough. The point was, it can be done and it is done, as long as the agreement to remain uncredited and unknown is upheld (EVH later outed himself but that's another story and I am limiting this on purpose as to not go off topic but to just make a point). Van Halen and Michael Jackson also had competing albums at the time, kind of like how Miley and M were going to release their albums around the same time. First, M violated his agreement with Miley then he walked away from his record company, wbich probably means he is the one in breach of contract. We are not getting the full story from either him or FiDo, or even SER and if M were completely innocent, we all know he would spit out the entire story so we would all be aware of the absolute heights and depths of his victimization.

Last edited:

It's really this fecking simple
Capital are c***s for not releasing this lp .
Us the fans are the ones suffering .

I don't have a Scooby why Capital got cold feet . I seriously doubt they are scared of what M has to say, I do not think it's cause M is too edgy or anything
I just think they couldn't be f***ed . He probably sent one too many of his emails and they thought "f*** him " End of .

Whatever the situation, I do feel for M.
His mum isn't that long in the ground , he is probably still dealing with that
Then he had all this shit going down.
The last few years have really been a kick in the cock for him
He is in a worse situation than he was in the late 90s. Then he could at least rely on the USA market . Now most of the USA is in lockstep with the UK , in terms of being passed the M phase .
Also in the late 90s he knew even if he didn't sell he held a great place in rock n roll history .
He was thought of then as a kind of Bowie and Dylan.
These days he isn't well thought of at all .When his name was mentioned people may have raised a brow and thought he was a mouthy odd ball but there was a sense they knew he was special .
Now people just sigh and think he's pathetic.its awful how it's all changed .
I can't wait for us all to get passed this stage of his career. I just want to be able to buy his music and hear new studio songs .

It's a shame as his gigs are fire
I bumped into a friend in Brighton last week He's the type that usually speaks shit about M, his FB page has been filled with shitty comments about M over the years (, in fact I read he was talking shit about M today. Lol).
The thing is though he said he went to one of M's gigs last year and was blown away
My point is , M still has it in him to turn all this around
But he isn't gonna do it getting FD to write this shit .
He will do it by putting on good shows and getting his music out there .

It's a joke now, but having read this today about Roald Dahl's books being secretly rewritten by his publishers for the woke generation, it's surely only a matter of time before record companies start using AI technology to remove anything potentially offensive from their back catalogue.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...rewritten-to-remove-language-deemed-offensive
The joke does seem to have been missed by some on this thread. But we do seem to live in humourless times.
Woke is just middle class morality without its previous Judaeo-Christian cloak. The middle class want to be upper class and know they never will be. Therefore nothing is ever good enough. Nothing is ever clean enough. Nothing is ever pure enough. We see the same neurosis played out in woke.
Bowdler did this with Shakespeare back in the 1800s and gave the language a new word - to bowdlerise. What is happening (shamefully) with the work of Roald Dahl is no different. Or taking the words 'f*****' and 'slut' out of Fairy Tale of New York.
As Alfred Doolittle says in Pygmalion - God save us from middle class morality!

As they don't particularly relate to Fiona's Capitol Records piece, 'woke song titles' now have their own thread:

In this short recent interview for Spin, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine first talks about the impact of hearing song lyrics about injustice and truth, and then about ways the band found to protect their own freedom of speech and have their controversial songs released and played on radio. -

When was the last time we had a real revelation or allusion to Bonfire? There were a few posters who seemed close to the project with inside knowledge.

No lyrics, no snippets, no descriptions.

It’s very arid and very depressing.

My continuing interest with Morrissey resides in his unique voice and melodic technique. No one has a divine right to an album release or record contract, but I wish there was a bit more awareness of why the magic of Morrissey remains. It’s Lot of folk recognise the controversy, ditch the artist, and deny ever liking him in the first place - unless he’s safely situated within the halcyon days of The Smiths.

Those recent live gigs were truly something…

When was the last time we had a real revelation or allusion to Bonfire? There were a few posters who seemed close to the project with inside knowledge.

No lyrics, no snippets, no descriptions.

It’s very arid and very depressing.

My continuing interest with Morrissey resides in his unique voice and melodic technique. No one has a divine right to an album release or record contract, but I wish there was a bit more awareness of why the magic of Morrissey remains. It’s Lot of folk recognise the controversy, ditch the artist, and deny ever liking him in the first place - unless he’s safely situated within the halcyon days of The Smiths.

Those recent live gigs were truly something…

The most we've gotten from BOT is:

- Very short snippet of the studio version of I Am Veronica in a video clip promoting upcoming tour dates (we should archive that audio somewhere, @Famous when dead @davidt - here it is: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...cy-2022-announced-1-2-6-8-9-july-2022.149250/)
- Live versions of songs
- Rebels Without Applause single release

oh, and:

- The supposed "Bonfire lyric booklet" that featured the supposed b-sides "British God" and "Because You're Finished" -- no confirmation whether that was accurate or fabricated as yet.

The most we've gotten from BOT is:

- Very short snippet of the studio version of I Am Veronica in a video clip promoting upcoming tour dates (we should archive that audio somewhere, @Famous when dead @davidt - here it is: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...cy-2022-announced-1-2-6-8-9-july-2022.149250/)
- Live versions of songs
- Rebels Without Applause single release

oh, and:

- The supposed "Bonfire lyric booklet" that featured the supposed b-sides "British God" and "Because You're Finished" -- no confirmation whether that was accurate or fabricated as yet.
Strange Mr Omega never popped up again

The 3rd and last volume of the inquiry into the Manchester Bombing has just been published, and admits mistakes were made.

"...MI5 identified two of pieces of intelligence about bomber Salman Abedi as potential national security concerns. However, there was a failure by the responsible officers to discuss the significance of the information with colleagues and to write and deliver a report on the same day.

The prompt delivery of such a report would have meant that Abedi’s return to the UK four days before the attack would have been treated extremely seriously by MI5 and could have led to him being port stopped under Schedule 7 of the Terrorism Act 2000 at Manchester Airport on his return. The report notes that this in itself may have had a deterrent effect. It could also have lead to the discovery of the switch for the bomb, which Abedi “more likely than not” had on his person as he passed through the airport.

Furthermore, investigative steps would almost certainly have been taken. Abedi would likely have been followed by MI5 officers to his Nissan Micra, in which they would have found his explosives.

The conclusion gave rise to a notable public apology from MI5 Director General Ken McCallum, who stated that “had [MI5] managed to seize the slim chance [it] had, those impacted might not have experienced such appalling loss and trauma.” He further noted that he is “profoundly sorry that MI5 did not prevent the attack.”" - https://www.jurist.org/news/2023/03...-have-prevented-2017-manchester-arena-attack/

The report is accessible here - https://manchesterarenainquiry.org.uk/volume-three-radicalisation-and-preventability/

Morrissey has a problem with authority. He challenges it and holds it to account. This is how he views record company people. He can't help himself. Its a default setting. He won't be told and when the chips are down he always always overplays his hand, slamming down his losing cards with a grandiose flourish. You need a strong hand and a bit of luck if you're gonna keep backing yourself. Merck Mercuriadis and Jed Weitzman are probably the only person to successful manage him and that seemed to run its course. He needs some good people around him now. People who believe in the work and he needs to listen to them.

Morrissey has a problem with authority. He challenges it and holds it to account. This is how he views record company people. He can't help himself. Its a default setting. He won't be told and when the chips are down he always always overplays his hand, slamming down his losing cards with a grandiose flourish. You need a strong hand and a bit of luck if you're gonna keep backing yourself. Merck Mercuriadis and Jed Weitzman are probably the only person to successful manage him and that seemed to run its course. He needs some good people around him now. People who believe in the work and he needs to listen to them.
Challenging authority and holding it to account should not be a problem. In fact I believe there's a sore lack of people doing that in general about many issues. So those who don't take bs lying down stand out, when this should be common and acceptable as a normal part of deliberations.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom