Can't get Palladium package since you don't have a US billing addy?

Mel_Torment

Dismember
For those of you furriners who do not have a US billing address, I'm on the phone with TM trying to find a way to allow you to buy the Palladium package.

It might help if you can say what exactly is on the screen that won't allow you to purchase with your credit card. Is it that the country is prefilled as "United States" and won't allow anything else or that the fields are not set up to accomodate non-U.S. addresses?

If indicated, we can take this to Chat.

We should email TM asking for a solution for international customers to buy the package.

I was phoning TM on my mobile phone, and reception was bad, so I lost the signal.

The CSR did not know of a way to allow overseas customers to buy the package. She was on hold waiting for her supervisor. And I lost the signal. There is no way to get that same operator again by dialing TM's customer support line.

A tip I saw on the Get Human website: to get bypass those stupid annoying automated voice prompts, just hit 0 at every prompt.

I learned from the CSR that per the venue's orders, TM does not ship/deliver tickets until Sept. 28th. It uses UPS, and UPS only delivers within the continental US. That is why they are not allowing international orders.

The Palladium probably do not want to offer the will-call option to everyone because it would cost more to staff the box office and pay administrative costs, plus it's a way to check against credit card fraud. I still don't see how this would stop touts.

I just bought a package more or less for a friend who lives in San Diego b/c she won't be near a computer until late tonight and was worried they would sell out. She's not sure what nights she can go, and I'm not sure what nights I could go if any (I'm on the other side of the country), but we figured we would work it out and between the 2 of us and our friends we'd use all the tickets. But anyway we were thinking there are probably a lot of people who are buying the package for the front of the line priveleges and to save some $, but can't go every night. Maybe we should start a thread to hook up people who bought packages and are going on only certain nights, with people who need tickets for the other nights. This would give anyone overseas a chance to buy these tickets for face value and have front of the line priveleges, if TM doesn't come up with a way to sell them w/o a US billing address.

Last edited:
Mel, I'm very thankful for all your help.

"Just Get the Ticket" is always difficult to people who live in oversea...
Are there people who plans to go to this show from EU or Asia, also other contrys? I would like to hear what are you going to do about that?

See my thread above about the same problem

I emailed Ticketmaster and this was the reply I received which dosn't seem to exactly answer my question:

Dear Susan,

Thank you for contacting us regarding international purchases.

If a credit card used to purchase an order is an international credit card. In order to process the order successfully, we must have the international address on file with the bank that issued your credit card.

Also, because you used an international credit card, we must add an additional $2.50 International Fulfillment Fee to your order. The tickets will be held at the will call window at the box office for pick up. You will then need to present a picture ID, the actual credit card, and the order number in order to receive your tickets.

If you have any further questions, please reply, and include all previous correspondence.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Jesus (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)
Customer 08/25/2007 02:13 PM EDT
I live in Liverpool in England, and there is a forthcoming Morrissey concert in October at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. I intend to buy the special five ticket package but have just heard that you need to submit an American address for the tickets to be despatched to? Is this correct. Will I have to find an address in the US for delivery or is there an option for the tickets to be despatched to the United Kingdom? and if so, what will that charge be?

Thanking you in nervous anticipation

i have a contact in the usa who is gonna try his best to get me
"two 5 night packages " but my mate who was gonna have the other
is not such a morrissey nut as we are :eek: , so he is gonna get a single
ticket or two , anyway i would be willing to sell you the spare package
even though you are a scouser ;) but a problem might arise if it is like
the hollywood gig ie the tickets being sent out so near the gig time
this could make it tricky to get them from america in time ?
ps my contact is a good guy but he cannot guarantee it until he tries
anyway , should be worth a go .

I emailed Ticketmaster and this was the reply I received which dosn't seem to exactly answer my question:

Dear Susan,

If a credit card used to purchase an order is an international credit card. In order to process the order successfully, we must have the international address on file with the bank that issued your credit card.

Also, because you used an international credit card, we must add an additional $2.50 International Fulfillment Fee to your order. The tickets will be held at the will call window at the box office for pick up. You will then need to present a picture ID, the actual credit card, and the order number in order to receive your tickets.

If you have any further questions, please reply, and include all previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
I live in Liverpool in England, and there is a forthcoming Morrissey concert in October at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. I intend to buy the special five ticket package but have just heard that you need to submit an American address for the tickets to be despatched to? Is this correct. Will I have to find an address in the US for delivery or is there an option for the tickets to be despatched to the United Kingdom? and if so, what will that charge be?

Just recieved the same email - Glad to hear European customers can pick up at the box office. All the same, it should really be made a bit clearer!!!

JIM

Dear Susan,

Sincerely,

Nope, that sounds about right... I'm guessing you won't have to pay the shipping, instead you pay a $2.50 fulfillment fee (rolleyes!). But most likely, you would get charged both. (double rolleyes!) Just order the tickets- once it accepts your order, they have to give it to you, don't they? I think they do. And I found it charming that Jesus himself took the time to answer your query. Wasn't that kind?;)

Very glad to hear that we can pick them up at our box office (in Denmark we buy concert tickets at our post office...do you think I just have to pick them up there then?), but it's a bit strange that we can't select the "print your own ticket". It would be a lot easier and we wouldn't have to fear that we didn't get the tickets

Just recieved the same email - Glad to hear European customers can pick up at the box office. All the same, it should really be made a bit clearer!!!

JIM

I think you misunderstood then. Did you actually try to purchase the package with a non-U.S.-billing-address credit card? I think not.

Jesus did not answer the question -- How are international customers supposed to buy the packages when TM will not allow non-U.S. credit cards for this package? Jesus merely provided a canned response regarding the use of non-U.S. credit cards (U.S. billing address). It seems you received the same canned response.

This is the response I received. It is not much better:

Dear ----,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number 6-xxxxx/LA1. Unfortunately, due to restrictions and policies set in place by the promoters and the venue operators, we are unable to process any international orders. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Luis (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)

Customer (Mel Torment) 08/25/2007 05:50 PM EDT
There is no option; the only delivery method is via 2-day shipping via UPS (which does not deliver outside of the continental U.S.). Because of this restriction, international customers are not allowed to buy this package. What will TM do to accomodate these customers with international billing addresses? There are at least two, possibly three customers (from the UK and Japan) who were disappointed because of this restriction.

------------------------------

I ended up buying another package for an overseas friend, putting it on a different credit card. I bought my own Palladium package on a card linked to my bank account so that I won't get into debt by spending money I don't have.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood then. Did you actually try to purchase the package with a non-U.S.-billing-address credit card? I think not.

Jesus did not answer the question -- How are international customers supposed to buy the packages when TM will not allow non-U.S. credit cards for this package? Jesus merely provided a canned response regarding the use of non-U.S. credit cards (U.S. billing address). It seems you received the same canned response.

This is the response I received. It is not much better:

Dear ----,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number 6-xxxxx/LA1. Unfortunately, due to restrictions and policies set in place by the promoters and the venue operators, we are unable to process any international orders. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Luis (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)

Customer (Mel Torment) 08/25/2007 05:50 PM EDT
There is no option; the only delivery method is via 2-day shipping via UPS (which does not deliver outside of the continental U.S.). Because of this restriction, international customers are not allowed to buy this package. What will TM do to accomodate these customers with international billing addresses? There are at least two, possibly three customers (from the UK and Japan) who were disappointed because of this restriction.

------------------------------

I ended up buying another package for an overseas friend, putting it on a different credit card. I bought my own Palladium package on a card linked to my bank account so that I won't get into debt by spending money I don't have.

Oh no no no :( That's so horrible. I was just beginning to get extremly excited about the thought of going abroad to see him. :mad:

Oh no no no :( That's so horrible. I was just beginning to get extremly excited about the thought of going abroad to see him. :mad:

Well, maybe the Hammerstein will be different. TM is passing this off as the promoters/venue's policy. Find out who is promoting the Hammerstein series and lobby them to accept international cards.

Alternatively, look up your American friends and see if someone will buy the package for you. You could paypal them the money.

Well, maybe the Hammerstein will be different. TM is passing this off as the promoters/venue's policy. Find out who is promoting the Hammerstein series and lobby them to accept international cards.

Alternatively, look up your American friends and see if someone will buy the package for you. You could paypal them the money.

Okay I'll try to find them. Thanks
I live in Denmark and don't have friends from America, so that won't do :)

The promoter of the shows in L.A., NYC, and S.F. is LiveNation. So I emailed them my question. I just got the canned response. But maybe they'll wise up and figure out that they'll sell more tickets if they make the package available to international customers.

Thank you for contacting Live Nation. We will do our best to address your inquiry in a timely manner. We are working hard to improve our services and appreciate your inquiry.

Question Reference #070826-000xxx
Summary: Morrissey @ the Hollywood Palladium Oct. 1-13
Category Level 1: Live Nation Tickets
Category Level 2: Will Call Procedures
Date Created: 08/26/2007 09:00 PM
Last Updated: 08/26/2007 09:00 PM

Discussion Thread
Customer () 08/26/2007 09:00 PM
Why is the promoter (ostensibly Livenation) discriminating against international fans by disallowing them from ordering the 10 date Palladium package without a U.S. billing address, according to Ticketmaster? Why can't the promoter have the tickets at will call? Other international fans want to know if this same policy will apply to the 5 night package at New York's Hammerstein, which is listed as a Livenation event.

I got this mail today. Very good news, but now the person I was supposed to go with, won't go, so it doesn't matter now :(

Discussion Thread
(Rachel (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)) 08/27/2007 06:16 PM EDT
Dear Lise,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Morrissey in New York NY. We apologize for the difficulty that you have experienced while attempting to order tickets on our web site. Since your credit card billing address is outside of the United States, you will need to select International Will Call as your delivery method when placing your ticket order. Based on the selection of this delivery method, you will be presented with a list of countries when entering your billing address. You may also purchase tickets by calling: (315) 472-0700.

Your tickets will then be held at the box office Will Call window, for you to collect on the day of the performance. Tickets at Will Call are typically available one hour prior to the event time. In order to receive your tickets, you must present the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets, picture ID, and the Ticketmaster order number issued to you during the sale. The Will Call window at the box office is usually located near the main entrance of the venue.

Please be advised that the International Will Call delivery option is only available for events taking place 10 or more days from the purchase date. This is to allow for sufficient processing time for your ticket order. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous correspondence.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciat

I got this mail today. Very good news, but now the person I was supposed to go with, won't go, so it doesn't matter now :(

Oh, that's too bad. I have never let lack of a travelling companion keep me from going, but whatever.

Still, I don't think that email was very reassuring. It seemed like another canned response that did not take the actual facts into consideration. The message apologised for your difficulties ordering a ticket. But AFAIK, you haven't even bought a ticket because the Hammerstein shows are not on sale yet.

Oh, that's too bad. I have never let lack of a travelling companion keep me from going, but whatever.

Still, I don't think that email was very reassuring. It seemed like another canned response that did not take the actual facts into consideration. The message apologised for your difficulties ordering a ticket. But AFAIK, you haven't even bought a ticket because the Hammerstein shows are not on sale yet.

Maybe it's just an automatic line which is written in all answers?. It sounds like people outside US will be able to buy tickets this time, but then again; maybe she doesn't know about the special circumstances for the morrissey tickets...

I know it shouldn't stop me from going...I just think it's far away to travel on your own and a long time I would have to spend alone in a unknown city.

I dont trust it to be honest, imagine paying for a fligh and accomodation and travelling overseas to turn up at the box office to collect your tickets and theres a cock up or a mistake and you end up stranded with none? its a bit shady if you ask me:confused:

Back
Top Bottom