Morrissey Central "CANCEL VULTURES" (February 7, 2022)

CANCEL VULTURES

King-Jr-Quotes-7_olpiud.jpeg

Same YT channel as previous post.
Description says:
"Supporters of the truckers convoy joining the protest on horseback in Ottawa. The city is electric right now."
Regards,
FWD.

Media item:

Last edited:
His podcast. He puts in a disclaimer, but he wouldn't be signal boosting this stuff, in this way unless he was anti-vax or wanted the anti-vax audience.

It's been picked up in the press, but he's avoided a Twitter pile-on (he could handle a Twitter pile-on though - he's got enough followers & will argue back).

i see him as being more questioning and with an ability to listen to others. I see no evidence of him being simply "anti vax"

we're the past the point of no return on vax stuff. its too late. omicron was a joke of a strain. i live in toronto and having to show your card to go into a bar only to then take your mask off and breathe all over one another not five minutes later is obviously ridiculous. as is getting onto the subway at spadina and standing packed to the gills – wonderful, we're all wearing masks, but the propinquity at which we're stand to one another is obviously undermining all of that.

i'm hard hard hardline left. would willingly describe myself as a communist. so keep in mind i'm neither anti-vax nor a covid truther. but it's too late. omicron is just a cold. the next strain will be even milder. governments dont want to actually take care of their constituents so businesses will resume opening with "social distancing" or w/e in place, as if that is in any way contributing to the betterment of the social body.

thats where my issue comes in with morrissey posting what he's been posting. the "freedom convoy" is just a guerilla tactic of peddling right wing dogma to unsuspecting folks. it's never just "i have an issue with vaccine mandates" – which, fine, in theory i do too honestly, but i've had the vaccine for a year now and have had no side-effects, and so have most of my friends, so maybe get over yourself just a little bit – it's always "i have an issue with vaccine mandates. and Lets go Brandon!! and we need freedom again. and freedom means the police need to have more control and bigger guns. and lets get Trump back in there too. and here's my confederate flag [bizarre, is it not? we're canadian]. and i'm riding on a horse to look like john wayne when in reality i'm a weirdo f***ing loser."

it's not just an "i have issue with a vaccine mandate" protest. it is an undeniably right wing tactic meant to snowball people who do have issues with mandates into a delusional mode of ideological perspective that is necessarily predicated on hierarchy, class, and social domination.

so f*** morrissey for this imo. i still love him obviously. i listened to my big morrissey playlist this morning when i lifted. and i can't wait for bonfire, because i am not a dog on a chain was his best album since ringleader. but f*** him for this.

we're the past the point of no return on vax stuff. its too late. omicron was a joke of a strain. i live in toronto and having to show your card to go into a bar only to then take your mask off and breathe all over one another not five minutes later is obviously ridiculous. as is getting onto the subway at spadina and standing packed to the gills – wonderful, we're all wearing masks, but the propinquity at which we're stand to one another is obviously undermining all of that.

i'm hard hard hardline left. would willingly describe myself as a communist. so keep in mind i'm neither anti-vax nor a covid truther. but it's too late. omicron is just a cold. the next strain will be even milder. governments dont want to actually take care of their constituents so businesses will resume opening with "social distancing" or w/e in place, as if that is in any way contributing to the betterment of the social body.

thats where my issue comes in with morrissey posting what he's been posting. the "freedom convoy" is just a guerilla tactic of peddling right wing dogma to unsuspecting folks. it's never just "i have an issue with vaccine mandates" – which, fine, in theory i do too honestly, but i've had the vaccine for a year now and have had no side-effects, and so have most of my friends, so maybe get over yourself just a little bit – it's always "i have an issue with vaccine mandates. and Lets go Brandon!! and we need freedom again. and freedom means the police need to have more control and bigger guns. and lets get Trump back in there too. and here's my confederate flag [bizarre, is it not? we're canadian]. and i'm riding on a horse to look like john wayne when in reality i'm a weirdo f***ing loser."

it's not just an "i have issue with a vaccine mandate" protest. it is an undeniably right wing tactic meant to snowball people who do have issues with mandates into a delusional mode of ideological perspective that is necessarily predicated on hierarchy, class, and social domination.

so f*** morrissey for this imo. i still love him obviously. i listened to my big morrissey playlist this morning when i lifted. and i can't wait for bonfire, because i am not a dog on a chain was his best album since ringleader. but f*** him for this.
All correct. People are being used by right wing media and politicians who could give a shit if they die. They'll figure it out eventually. No one really cares these rural bumpkins and other backwards f***s are sad the world getting modern, they just pretend to care to get you riled up for THEIR gain.

I’m not saying he is, nor am I saying that the views below are correct. But it does highlight how quick the media are to label one as evil anti-vaxxer Nazi, if you even dare to question those things related to the virus.

Here’s just a few articles how others have come to that conclusion....

So you are mad people call him out for his bullshit? I thought conservatives were all about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY? Maybe Brand could take responsibility for the words he says and take his friggin lumps?

Off the subject somewhat. I see someone posting here under the name MarrIsSane. Marr is more than sane, his new double album is on the genius/quantum leap/masterpiece level. It's as if Marr realised that the mantle of the Smiths legacy is now rests squarely on his shoulders and he's responded with the best solo album of his life. You can quibble about the lyrics but at least they're not self-indulgent. Why aren't more people talking about this? Makes me wonder about that open letter thing.

Off the subject somewhat. I see someone posting here under the name MarrIsSane. Marr is more than sane, his new double album is on the genius/quantum leap/masterpiece level. It's as if Marr realised that the mantle of the Smiths legacy is now rests squarely on his shoulders and he's responded with the best solo album of his life. You can quibble about the lyrics but at least they're not self-indulgent. Why aren't more people talking about this? Makes me wonder about that open letter thing.

I totally agree with you. The 9 songs I've heard so far are indeed incredible. When that Guardian article compared him to Paul McCartney, they weren't kidding. Marr will go down in history as a musical genius.

Hi Marr, nice to see you checking in.

All correct. People are being used by right wing media and politicians who could give a shit if they die. They'll figure it out eventually.

No one really cares these rural bumpkins and other backwards f***s are sad the world getting modern, they just pretend to care to get you riled up for THEIR gain.

well, they certainly riled you up.

glad you could be of service to them.

:lbf: God, I don't think even he would go that far.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom