Canberra, Australia - Royal Theatre (Oct. 28, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jack The Ripper / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder // What She Said

setlist provided by recording by Bowie Boy.

• Photo from andykitten / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39294_canberra.jpg

Last edited:
Just listening back to my recording of the show now. Will post on drop box when I get home on Tuesday for you all.

The only down side is there is a girl to my right who you can hear throughout clapping out of time, singing out of tune very poorly or giving a running commentary to her friend about the songs and what songs are coming up! Like, she seriously doesn't have a clue how to shut up!

Oh well.....

Was it Super-Bot Marred?

Identical to Adelaide from my memory, except no "Irish Blood" and "Meat" was moved to take its place as the last song before the encore.

Some other tidbits now I've caught my flight home:
  • Ganglord dedicated to the people of North Dakota (i.e. Standing Rock). Moz said that although we don't know them and won't see them on the news they're fighting for their lands, referred to police brutality in the USA etc.
  • Gustavo played didgeridoo at one point (just FYI - Canberra is the Aboriginal word for "meeting place" so it was a really nice touch. For some reason the song this was part of has completely wiped from my memory so if anyone remembers please let me know)
  • No Irish Blood, English Heart, Meat Is Murder final song (really intense), What She Said encore
After the show the roadies ripped the setlists off, tore them up and threw them out right in front of fans who politely asked if they could have them. That part was an absolute disaster, broke my heart to see them destroyed like that. Hopefully Wollongong and Newcastle fans have better luck than we did.

I'll post some photos in the next day or so if people are keen. Anyone going to the Gong show tonight - enjoy!

After the show the roadies ripped the setlists off, tore them up and threw them out right in front of fans who politely asked if they could have them. That part was an absolute disaster, broke my heart to see them destroyed like that.

How kind of them :(
As if we need the f#@king setlist anyway.
They play the exact same songs (save for one offs) every freaking show.
I don't feel any need to see Morrissey again for at least another decade.
Maybe by then he'll mix it up.

I have 1 x 5th row ticket to the Newcastle gig on Monday available. Contact me via email, available for cost price to a fellow fan - willing to sell for $100 flat. Hoping it goes to a good home...

Contact me.

[email protected]

Damon has worked his way up from PA to Bodyguard and now to Driver. At least he is ambitious. Maybe one day he will be Office Manager at the Sherman Oaks HQ office of The Morrissey Marketing Group ltd.
Damon does not drive but he does know where the off license is when one runs out of Veuve Clicquot so he really must stay, plus he cheers people up all in all a good guy wouldn't you say.. best regards, Manc Lad

Just listening back to my recording of the show now. Will post on drop box when I get home on Tuesday for you all...

And hopefully the setlist can finally be posted then too. Do you have just the list of songs to put up beforehand please?
CR

Moz was in fantastic vocal form....better than the Vivid show and the earlier Enmore one I saw.

Lot's of chat with the crowd...loved the 'be gone' addressed to the lingering smoke after Jack the Ripper!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom