Canada return / LA fur ban / Love Hate and Racism - Morrissey Central

Vegan tacos.

:cool:
I assume at least one of the 20 taco trucks will provide vegan fare, but what of the other 19?
I'm just saying that if you promote animal welfare, wouldn't it make sense to distance yourself from an event that basically says "meat served here" in the name of the fest? Especially after all of the recent flap of forcing venues to go meat free? I've only ever eaten food at one concert in my life, and that was last summer's Burger Boogaloo fest, where I had a slice of cheese pizza. (Burger is the record label, it's not dedicated to hamburgers.)

It just doesn't strike me as a good look to look the other way in a pick and choose fashion regarding this subject.

I assume at least one of the 20 taco trucks will provide vegan fare, but what of the other 19?
I'm just saying that if you promote animal welfare, wouldn't it make sense to distance yourself from an event that basically says "meat served here" in the name of the fest? Especially after all of the recent flap of forcing venues to go meat free? I've only ever eaten food at one concert in my life, and that was last summer's Burger Boogaloo fest, where I had a slice of cheese pizza. (Burger is the record label, it's not dedicated to hamburgers.)

It just doesn't strike me as a good look to look the other way in a pick and choose fashion regarding this subject.

"Burger Boogaloo Fest" doesnt say meat served here, it pretty much screams it.:crazy:
Eating up CHEESE pizza.

o_O
:crazy:

:lbf: I very much doubt Morrissey put the M in Montreal. Don't think he'll find many people having time for him there. In fact, if he's reasonable, he hasn't even thought of including it in the tour itinerary.

Sticking to the English-speaking part is safer. The tour might not be a success, but at least he'll be able to understand the few hecklers that will have bothered...
You are so wrong. Quite the contrary. Montreal is the cultural capital of Canada and its people are one of the most progressively thinking. It will be a success.

The tea would never make it to him because they Canadian tea-bringer would collapse in a fit of "I'm sore-eys"
Is this some sort of traditional US-Canada sniping that just sails over us Brits' heads? Rifke, are you going to take this lying down or do you have any insults to hurl back?

Is this some sort of traditional US-Canada sniping that just sails over us Brits' heads? Rifke, are you going to take this lying down or do you have any insults to hurl back?
Wanna say something really bad about Canada :oops: but facts are facts, had a lovely time every single time I’ve been there and had friends from there my whole life :blushing:
my main thing to tease them about is the weather & sometimes how they follow Brits round like lost puppy dogs or something, despite protestations that they’re a grown up country now too :rolleyes:
However, they do seem to be striking their own way now with the ascension of another Trudeau :guitar:

Last edited:
"Burger Boogaloo Fest" doesnt say meat served here, it pretty much screams it.:crazy:
Eating up CHEESE pizza.

o_O
:crazy:
I know that you're functionally (I have my doubts actually) retarded so let me spell it out for you-

Burger records is a record label out of Oakland California that specializes in garage rock.

A hamburger is a sandwich comprised of a bun, meat patty, condiments, and often lettuce, pickles, tomato, and onion.

I hope this helps.

Nearly every single Canadian I've ever met has been so ungodly polite and friendly that it does my head in.
Much like tutting in queues is the British national pastime, apologizing profusely over things great and small seems to be the Canadian pastime.

Nearly every single Canadian I've ever met has been so ungodly polite and friendly that it does my head in.
Much like tutting in queues is the British national pastime, apologizing profusely over things great and small seems to be the Canadian pastime.
I do find national characteristics fascinating. Where does all this apologetic politeness come from? I can only think it comes from the British, since it's unthinkable it's from the French :lbf:

Never noticed that in the French-speaking part! :D

Well, if you read his last statement, I think one could figure that he himself now realizes that
there is only so much one can do, and that his past strategy of distancing himself has not worked as he once thought it would.

So no, it may be better to get in there and point out the ignorance of people’s choices rather than not be there. And hey, if we’re all lucky enough, we may get a 40 minute version of Meat IS MURDER.

;)

But, haters will see want they want to see, which is... NOT SEEING AT ALL.

Well, if you read his last statement, I think one could figure that he himself now realizes that
there is only so much one can do, and that his past strategy of distancing himself has not worked as he once thought it would.

So no, it may be better to get in there and point out the ignorance of people’s choices rather than not be there. And hey, if we’re all lucky enough, we may get a 40 minute version of Meat IS MURDER.

;)

What are you babbling on about? Morrissey isn't vegan or vegetarian. Don't you even read his interviews?

best
BB

I do find national characteristics fascinating. Where does all this apologetic politeness come from? I can only think it comes from the British, since it's unthinkable it's from the French :lbf:
And never stand at the curb in Canada unless you want to cross the road, the traffic just stops to let you go, several times I found myself having to cross to the other side when really i had no intention to swap to the other pavement

I always enjoy a trip to Quebec City and Montreal. Hope he plays them. Each are 4-5 hours by car. St. John/Nova Scotia has been on my to-visit list as well.

I won’t even be that mad if he cancels.

;)

I see the latest in a series of questionable career moves from a guy that I hope the best for and from.

Are you saying that Morrissey should act in a reasonable, logical way or be consistent or even practice what he preaches? Dream on, sir!

Back
Top Bottom