Canada return / LA fur ban / Love Hate and Racism - Morrissey Central

strange how people's interpretations can differ. neurosis, in its classical meaning, implies that there is some awkward uncontrollable behaviour, often repetitive, caused by an internal conflict which is still hidden in the unconscious of the person displaying this special behaviour. here, in this example, morrissey, kind person that he is, makes the canadians aware of their hypocricy preaching a mosaic, inclusive culture but actually excluding and even murdering a large percentage of individuals living within canadian territory. the unwillingness to acknowledge this slaughtering and suppression of what is an essential part of this body politic leads to a collectively neurotic pastoral behaviour. in this quote morrissey is actually embracing the concept of diversity. assuming that morrissey himself is exclusive when it comes to diversity, must remain mere speculation with regard to this single quote. my assumption is that he respects those cultures and people that actually practise diversity actively, and do not only preach it. he tolerates those who still have a blind spot in their self-perception, like canada. he dislikes those who cannot even have a blind spot because they cut this part out of themselves.
but what about the inuit whose main sustenance comes from the seal hunt? not only is it their main income and food source, but their entire way of life is reliant upon the seal hunt. their way of life is not something they can be expected to just give up overnight. we in Canada have seen first hand the disastrous effects of the government clamping down on and entirely dismissing the native way of life. the natives here have always differed from us in that they have very significant ties to their land, it's their cultural identity (and it should be said they are very respectful when they kill a seal. they're not like the people in the video with the blowfish. they only kill what they need, they use every scrap of it, and they thank the animal for giving them it's life. killing it is no small thing for them). what right do we have to take that away from them? not only that, but up north there are simply no other options. it's not like they can grow vegetables there. the people up there often don't have the education to survive elsewhere nor the money to move there. it would be disastrous and cruel and, i think, very out of line for the government to step in and say the inuit cant continue on with their lifestyle. that would not be at all in keeping with Canadas preaching of an inclusive culture.

What's all this chicken first shit or whatever he's on about? is a far right poultry party?

At first when I read chicken vancouver chicken St John etc I thought he was having an amnesty and inviting a Canadian fried chicken franchise to sell food at his gigs.

If you want to Tseng out, Tseng out (But I'd be wary of attempting to, as a member of the hateful online creche)

:drama:
Very dramatic.

You have to pay, creche or no chreche, 100 in US money to be 'invited' backstage for a dramatic 15 second meeting with the one, the only :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft::openmouth:
Food and motel bandmate money, the poor wretches.

that cannot be true 15yrs, if money is so important to him he would of rid himself of such a person

Well, he did play there in 2004 but that is the last Canadian show IIRC? I also had tickets for all three Canadian gigs in 2002, but those were all cancelled. Can anyone who was around back then remember why those shows were canned? I can't.

Can someone please pass me the sick bucket :barf:
What a wanker ! How many times have I said he's a 4kin total CrankFraud ?
Oh Canada ! My heart goes out to you after all these years left in the dark by the so called vegan who wore a Wool and Cash£mere peacock feather embellished cardigan designed by Alexander McQueen :rofl:

There's nothing left Canada. It's all dried up, save your money and tell him to go 4ck himself. What a c@@t!

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
you're despicable.

Nobody here wants anything to do with the whiny little bitch. He can't sell out any of the larger venues and the smaller, independently run ones will have no part of his demands.

Montreal or Vancouver might ha e time for the f***ing goof but he isn't wanted or welcome in Hogtown. ...and I'll have a fat ball of fois gras ready to lob at him if get wind he's in town.

Speak for yourself.
This Torontonian can’t wait to meet up with Moz in Vegandale
Bring it on

I have a feeling he will be announcing Canadian dates soon. That would mean definitely Ottawa, Montreal, St. John's and Vancouver. He didn't mention Toronto or Quebec city, but it would make sense to include them. Skip the prairies, there is nothing to see there except buffalos and rednecks.
I am ready.

Toronto was the first one mentioned.
Toronto Pig Save
Toronto was once known as Hogtown (andHogtown Vegan is a great Toronto restaurant)

So why is he playing a taco fest then? The Morrissey of even ten years ago would never sign on to play some carnist flesh fair devoted to all of the ways you can sizzle up a steak (and the token vegan options.)
What next? Cattlemen's BBQ Boogaloo Meat and Music Festival? Provided they shut down the grills for his set, of course.

Edit: Hey Thewlis, instead of your usual downvote for anything that criticizes the almighty
and in this case, his seemingly hypocritical animal rights stance regarding playing a festival dedicated to tacos, which traditionally contain a tortilla, onions, cilantro, and MEAT, maybe present an argument why he should be playing to an audience that smells of Carne Asada farts.

Vegan tacos.

:cool:

snip... Can anyone who was around back then remember why those shows were canned? I can't.
True To You was still a 'zine' in print back then so no vague apology/explanation from him via Julia.
No real 'official' press explanation was ever given either other than this from what was (now gone completely) 'morrisseytour.com' and confirmed by Lyn Boorer too:

20180922_074750.jpg

'Immigration hang-ups' seem to have morphed through time in to specific
criminal record issues. The above is where all of that stems from especially when stirred about a bit in the pre-show/cancelled section of the tour/archive here in 2002 and 16 years pass.
The band/crew managed to get in to Canada in 2000 with no issues - Dean was the only real change and he had played in Canada with Ben Harper prior to joining Moz (so, again, no real proof of band members being an issue).
The Hummingbird in '04 was the last Canadian gig (Lollapalooza being cancelled obviously wasn't his choice).
So, I guess we may never know is the best answer I'm afraid.
Regards,
FWD.

Canada ffs. I shall pray for him. Seriously. It ain’t what it was. He’s courageous to visit such places. If he cancels I’ll be so pleased X

It would be beyond hilarious if young people in Toronto & Vancoucer decide to replicate Mancunians in protesting his concerts. No doubt he'll get Lauren Southern to interview him about 'free speech'. We all have free speech and we're all free to reap the consequences of 'free speech'. In Morrissey's case that appears to be the almost complete collapse of ticket sales in Europe. It would be just and fitting if a similar outcome greets his decision to 'forgive' Canada....

best
BB

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...slam-to-stage-anti-racism-party-in-manchester

Nobody here wants anything to do with the whiny little bitch. He can't sell out any of the larger venues and the smaller, independently run ones will have no part of his demands.

Montreal or Vancouver might ha e time for the f***ing goof .

:lbf: I very much doubt Morrissey put the M in Montreal. Don't think he'll find many people having time for him there. In fact, if he's reasonable, he hasn't even thought of including it in the tour itinerary.

Sticking to the English-speaking part is safer. The tour might not be a success, but at least he'll be able to understand the few hecklers that will have bothered...

So why is he playing a taco fest then? The Morrissey of even ten years ago would never sign on to play some carnist flesh fair devoted to all of the ways you can sizzle up a steak (and the token vegan options.)
What next? Cattlemen's BBQ Boogaloo Meat and Music Festival? Provided they shut down the grills for his set, of course.

Edit: Hey Thewlis, instead of your usual downvote for anything that criticizes the almighty
and in this case, his seemingly hypocritical animal rights stance regarding playing a festival dedicated to tacos, which traditionally contain a tortilla, onions, cilantro, and MEAT, maybe present an argument why he should be playing to an audience that smells of Carne Asada farts.

Why is that an issue? Morrissey isn't Vegan or Vegetarian. He said so recently...

didn't anyone notice?

'I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian' Morrissey

https://www.tremr.com/Fiona-Dodwell/this-is-morrissey-an-interview

strange how people's interpretations can differ. neurosis, in its classical meaning, implies that there is some awkward uncontrollable behaviour, often repetitive, caused by an internal conflict which is still hidden in the unconscious of the person displaying this special behaviour. here, in this example, morrissey, kind person that he is, makes the canadians aware of their hypocricy preaching a mosaic, inclusive culture but actually excluding and even murdering a large percentage of individuals living within canadian territory. the unwillingness to acknowledge this slaughtering and suppression of what is an essential part of this body politic leads to a collectively neurotic pastoral behaviour. in this quote morrissey is actually embracing the concept of diversity. assuming that morrissey himself is exclusive when it comes to diversity, must remain mere speculation with regard to this single quote. my assumption is that he respects those cultures and people that actually practise diversity actively, and do not only preach it. he tolerates those who still have a blind spot in their self-perception, like canada. he dislikes those who cannot even have a blind spot because they cut this part out of themselves.

Yes, interpretations indeed differ.
The way I see it he's saying, "I don't give a f. about diversity in any country, animals are more important, Canada is ruled by hypocrites, I'm not one, and after many years of absence, I am coming to save you and collect your money."
Who put the M in Messiah complex?

How about bringing Pamela Anderson along? They could do a Naughty Fake Vegan Tour of Canada together. Maybe a little dance routine to start the shows... She could wear her Louboutin and he could wear his gay bad boy vest and together, they'd put the M in Mambo.
Then of course he'd lecture the trapped audience for an hour.

Vegan Open Shirt time!

It would be beyond hilarious if young people in Toronto & Vancoucer decide to replicate Mancunians in protesting his concerts. No doubt he'll get Lauren Southern to interview him about 'free speech'. We all have free speech and we're all free to reap the consequences of 'free speech'. In Morrissey's case that appears to be the almost complete collapse of ticket sales in Europe. It would be just and fitting if a similar outcome greets his decision to 'forgive' Canada....

best
BB

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...slam-to-stage-anti-racism-party-in-manchester
it wont. i think you'll find we're pretty chill here :cool:

Toronto was the first one mentioned.
Toronto Pig Save
Toronto was once known as Hogtown (andHogtown Vegan is a great Toronto restaurant)
So is the Hogtown Cure, as are many of the other meat-centric places here. ...and let's not forget the plethora of excellent local butchers! :)

but what about the inuit whose main sustenance comes from the seal hunt? not only is it their main income and food source, but their entire way of life is reliant upon the seal hunt. their way of life is not something they can be expected to just give up overnight. we in Canada have seen first hand the disastrous effects of the government clamping down on and entirely dismissing the native way of life. the natives here have always differed from us in that they have very significant ties to their land, it's their cultural identity (and it should be said they are very respectful when they kill a seal. they're not like the people in the video with the blowfish. they only kill what they need, they use every scrap of it, and they thank the animal for giving them it's life. killing it is no small thing for them). what right do we have to take that away from them? not only that, but up north there are simply no other options. it's not like they can grow vegetables there. the people up there often don't have the education to survive elsewhere nor the money to move there. it would be disastrous and cruel and, i think, very out of line for the government to step in and say the inuit cant continue on with their lifestyle. that would not be at all in keeping with Canadas preaching of an inclusive culture.
a very complicated issue and there doesnt seem to be an easy solution to this inuit vs activists conflict which has existed in canada for some time now without any clear boundaries between victims and perpetrators being distinguishable. seems that many inuit do not hunt seal commercially year-round only because of tradition but actually because of stark poverty, as you have already pointed out. as long as the inuit live in poverty, there cant be a ban on inuit seal hunting. but if the canadian gvt were internationally pressured to put the seal hunt on top of their political agenda, it would eventually be forced to really think about ways of helping their inuit out of poverty. why dont they already? where is the money neeed for that? in my eyes inclusion does not only mean accepting differences but also to help all the stones in the mosaic to shine and not to let some parts rot away at the fringes. in my eyes all non-inuit seal hunting, which takes place mostly in southern canada, should immediately be banned. but thats just my two european cents.

Yes, interpretations indeed differ.
The way I see it he's saying, "I don't give a f. about diversity in any country, animals are more important, Canada is ruled by hypocrites, I'm not one, and after many years of absence, I am coming to save you and collect your money."
Who put the M in Messiah complex?

How about bringing Pamela Anderson along? They could do a Naughty Fake Vegan Tour of Canada together. Maybe a little dance routine to start the shows... She could wear her Louboutin and he could wear his gay bad boy vest and together, they'd put the M in Mambo.
Then of course he'd lecture the trapped audience for an hour.

Vegan Open Shirt time!

you have a vivid imagination.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom