Canada return / LA fur ban / Love Hate and Racism - Morrissey Central

I was told by certain people "in the know" that the real reason they haven't played Canada is because someone either in the band or the touring crew wasn't able to enter the country due to a criminal record; perhaps a DWI/DUI as Canada is extremely strict about that, even more so than certain drug offences. I can't say that this is 100% true of course, or whether this just happened to tie in with Morrissey's actual Canadian "seal ban" or not, but there are a lot of fans that have heard this same rumour.

Jordan Peterson please interview Morrissey

You offering? Or am I? If I'm up to bat, let me get my strength up with a couple of tacos al pastor first.
I haven't got a clue what you just said.must be Oregon speak.

I must be making sense about something. Thewlis is rating everything redundant again. :lbf:

We all know by now that Morrissey makes animal rights stands where they benefit him the most (generally financially), and when they don't, they go out the window. Otherwise, one would think he'd have skipped over many places with animal rights offenses as grave as Canada's seal bashing. His reliable markets aren't so reliable anymore, so of course he's playing Canada now. Money, honey.
tosh, he is and will always be a staunch supporter of animal rights and it has never been about money

First, the Canadian fans, you've had it deep for 15 years for nothing ....

Secondly, if everything goes wrong in the arts world, it's because of the press, compared to terrorists.
It is "funny" to note that in all the countries, far-right and their sympathizers have the same speech, it is always the fault to journalists, to foreigners, to people who do not think like them, and they are Victimize all the time .... The poor!

If we criticize his latest albums, it is not that we attack him, systematically, it's just that his latest albums are not a work of art.

At his age, it would be time to open our eyes, to be lucid and honest with himself and to question himself, because this excitement to always want to be right at all costs, becomes ridiculous ...
I wouldn't call baby seals being clubbed to death nothing.

Last edited:
How great would it have been if had said. I now realise that poor tickets sales in the UK were as a result of me being out of touch with my fan base on particular subjects. Going forward I will endeavour to understand any subject I comment on in more detail before giving my view rather the than the knee jerk approach I have taken in the past. I sincerely hope I can reconnect with my UK fans going forward. Morrissey 21/9/18 Alderley Edge
just you keep checking the seating plan,will keep you busy.

My hope is that when he arrives in Canada each cup of tea they serve him is luke warm at best.

Anyone with balls should dip them in before they serve it to him.

How great would it have been if had said. I now realise that poor tickets sales in the UK were as a result of me being out of touch with my fan base on particular subjects. Going forward I will endeavour to understand any subject I comment on in more detail before giving my view rather the than the knee jerk approach I have taken in the past. I sincerely hope I can reconnect with my UK fans going forward. Morrissey 21/9/18 Alderley Edge
But that would be fake

I was told by certain people "in the know" that the real reason they haven't played Canada is because someone either in the band or the touring crew wasn't able to enter the country due to a criminal record; perhaps a DWI/DUI as Canada is extremely strict about that, even more so than certain drug offences. I can't say that this is 100% true of course, or whether this just happened to tie in with Morrissey's actual Canadian "seal ban" or not, but there are a lot of fans that have heard this same rumour.
that cannot be true 15yrs, if money is so important to him he would of rid himself of such a person

So, if it's not because of "Love Hate And Racism" that he canceled his tour, it's because of what?

Not enough tickets sold? Most likely, because it's good to make an announcement three months after the cancellation of the tour without explaining the reason for the cancellation.

"I canceled my tour ... blah blah blah ... but not because of them .... blah blah blah ... oh wicked reporters ... blah blah blah ... nobody's me love ... blah blah blah ...."

Same speech, same cause, same effect ...
nobodys me love,are you yoda.

tosh, he is and will always be a staunch supporter of animal rights and it has never been about money
So why is he playing a taco fest then? The Morrissey of even ten years ago would never sign on to play some carnist flesh fair devoted to all of the ways you can sizzle up a steak (and the token vegan options.)
What next? Cattlemen's BBQ Boogaloo Meat and Music Festival? Provided they shut down the grills for his set, of course.

Edit: Hey Thewlis, instead of your usual downvote for anything that criticizes the almighty
and in this case, his seemingly hypocritical animal rights stance regarding playing a festival dedicated to tacos, which traditionally contain a tortilla, onions, cilantro, and MEAT, maybe present an argument why he should be playing to an audience that smells of Carne Asada farts.

Last edited:
I know! My favourite German word has got to be Kummerspeck. It literally translates into "grief bacon" and refers to the weight you gain from overeating from sorrow or heartbreak, like comfort eating. "Grief bacon", when you think about it, is the perfect term for it! :lbf:
grief bacon! I literally laughed out loud when I read that :lbf:

no, but how do I inform him of which concert ill be attending so that he knows to invite me backstage afterwards?? need to know!
If you want to Tseng out, Tseng out (But I'd be wary of attempting to, as a member of the hateful online creche)

Back
Top Bottom