Can You Tell a Difference Between Boz/Alain/Jesse's songs?

Hey, you were the one that responded when you said you weren't going to anymore :p
I'm just concerned for you, broseph.

EDIT - so how about that Jesse Tobias?

Last edited by a moderator:
'America / it brought you the hamburger / well America / you know where you can shove your hamburger'

'black cloud, black cloud oh, black cloud oh, black cloud'

'and the Christian Brothers kick the shit out of very frightened children'
'I've had my face dragged in fifteen miles of shit'

'This might make you throw up in your bed'

'and you can shoot me and you can throw me off a train'

'and the smiling children tell you that you smell'

'because of something you've said teen soldiers are dead, because of money you've saved seniors are in their graves'

'I see the world it makes me puke'

'Policewomen, policemen, silly women, taxmen - uniformed whores'

Yeah...all pretty strong and subtle.

Yeah, we can all take lines out of context:

'and then I shot myself.'

'no, no, no, it's not gonna work out'

'I'm alone...I'm alone...I'm alone....'

Look here, your argument is false and quite ridiculous. You've actually listed some really good lyrics. I don't see your point or any evidence to support it.

Yeah, we can all take lines out of context:

'and then I shot myself.'

'no, no, no, it's not gonna work out'

'I'm alone...I'm alone...I'm alone....'

Look here, your argument is false and quite ridiculous. You've actually listed some really good lyrics. I don't see your point or any evidence to support it.

It doesn't matter what context they are in...that changes nothing. Are you really trying to defend his current lyrical obsession with vomit, excrement, and other cringeworthy things? I'm sure if he starts singing about toejam and dandruff you'll defend that too as being strong and subtle.

It doesn't matter what context they are in...that changes nothing. Are you really trying to defend his current lyrical obsession with vomit, excrement, and other cringeworthy things? I'm sure if he starts singing about toejam and dandruff you'll defend that too as being strong and subtle.

I think maybe you are noticing the lyrics that spring out, and missing the subtleties. Perhaps they are too subtle for you. There are very few lines about poo, relatively speaking. Try:

Christian Dior
The father who must be killed
Because of my poor education
At last I am born
When last I spoke to Carol

There are plenty of great lyrics that don't involve bodilly secretions. You just have realise that subtlety is something you don't always notice. :D

I think maybe you are noticing the lyrics that spring out, and missing the subtleties. Perhaps they are too subtle for you. There are very few lines about poo, relatively speaking. Try:

Christian Dior
At last I am born

There are plenty of great lyrics that don't involve bodilly secretions. You just have realise that subtlety is something you don't always notice. :D

Few lines or not, is that REALLY the best he can do? It has nothing to do with missing subtle lyrics...it has to do with throwing in lyrics like that that drags the quality down.

Few lines or not, is that REALLY the best he can do? It has nothing to do with missing subtle lyrics...it has to do with throwing in lyrics like that that drags the quality down.

Okay, fair enough. As long as you acknowledge there is still quality within the lyrics. I myself, don't mind the odd reference to bottoms and vomit because this is the stuff of life. Anyway, I've droned on about this for long enough.

Okay, fair enough. As long as you acknowledge there is still quality within the lyrics. I myself, don't mind the odd reference to bottoms and vomit because this is the stuff of life. Anyway, I've droned on about this for long enough.

We both have. Lol. That's probably because there are currently only 12 people actually contributing posts to the entire forum...Lol.

"I always took Alain's writing over Boz (aside notably from 'JTripper' and 'Now My Heart') .. Boz's is more 'stolid' if that's the word, White's is oftentimes more upbeat."

"I always took Alain's writing over Boz (aside notably from 'JTripper' and 'Now My Heart') .. Boz's is more 'stolid' if that's the word, White's is oftentimes more upbeat."

Is that supposed to be a Morrissey quote or did you just decide to quote yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian Dior
At last I am born

Personally I wish he'd sing more about secretions.

Back
Top Bottom