Can You Tell a Difference Between Boz/Alain/Jesse's songs?

Anything with a 1980s Indie Guitar Jangle will probably put Mr Morrissey back into success, that's what I think anyway. It's what made Morrissey famous and its what would probably please loads of fans!
Bring Back The Jangly Guitars!

I don't think he's ever been about "success" or "pleasing loads of fans." I really don't understand what it is about some people and living in the past. What he did then was good for its time. I'm not saying what he's doing now is the BEST he could be doing for now, but that's only because the past couple years he's been using a pretty standard sound consistently -- at least with YATQ and YOR. I've said it once, I'll say it again: he needs to do something completely new to remain relevant.

Also, it amuses me how the topic of this thread was to develop discernible characteristics to differentiate between each of the styles of the respective songwriters, and for the most part, "Jesse's songs suck" counts as a purely objective trait. :rolleyes:
Those of you who are actually contributing something other than your own opinion, good on ya :thumb:

I must admit I cannot really tell the difference between Boz and Jesse's songs. Alain's are a bit different, I guess...Still, Marr's, Vini's and Gannon's are far superior! :D

What songs did he write with Reilly and Gannon? Am I missing something? I mean, Morrissey-related?

One you don't share? If not, in your opinion, what are his best lyrical works as of late?

PS- It loads pretty quickly on my end.

I'd like to jump in. 'Because of my poor education' is a contender for the best ever Morrissey lyric. Also, I can't really see a basis for saying that the Smiths lyrics were more sophisticated. I don't see the join.

I'd like to jump in. 'Because of my poor education' is a contender for the best ever Morrissey lyric. Also, I can't really see a basis for saying that the Smiths lyrics were more sophisticated. I don't see the join.

I'm not talking about JUST Smiths lyrics...even all the way up to 'Maladjusted' he was still subtle...after his 7 year hiatus and return with 'Quarry' he hasn't been as strong lyrically.

Yeah, I remember my first beer.
'America / it brought you the hamburger / well America / you know where you can shove your hamburger'

'black cloud, black cloud oh, black cloud oh, black cloud'

'and the Christian Brothers kick the shit out of very frightened children'
'I've had my face dragged in fifteen miles of shit'

'This might make you throw up in your bed'

'and you can shoot me and you can throw me off a train'

'and the smiling children tell you that you smell'

'because of something you've said teen soldiers are dead, because of money you've saved seniors are in their graves'

'I see the world it makes me puke'

'Policewomen, policemen, silly women, taxmen - uniformed whores'

Yeah...all pretty strong and subtle.

Didn't you stir this very same shit in another thread?

redundancy.jpg

No. Same thread...for future reference, it helps when you actually know what you're talking about before you chime in.

Sorry, I can't be held responsible for your blinding trail of shit. Coincidentally, U MAD BRO?
Calm the f*** down. You don't need to argue your opinion as fact.

Sorry, I can't be held responsible for your blinding trail of shit. Coincidentally, U MAD BRO?
Calm the f*** down. You don't need to argue your opinion as fact.

And you don't need to reply to nearly every post with something useless, boring, and/or off-topic...yet you do. So why should I stop?

You are responsible for your own ignorance. If you don't want your statements challenged, be correct. Simple.

And you don't need to reply to nearly every post with something useless, boring, and/or off-topic...yet you do. So why should I stop?

Because you'll have a stroke, and frankly I'm worried about your health.

You are responsible for your own ignorance. If you don't want your statements challenged, be correct. Simple.

jokerpalin.jpg

Y SO SRS?
And no, I am not responsible for you making so many angry, angry posts. Your parents are for not hugging you enough as a child.

Last edited:
Because you'll have a stroke, and frankly I'm worried about your health.

jokerpalin.jpg

Y SO SRS?
And no, I am not responsible for you making so many angry, angry posts. Your parents are for not hugging you enough as a child.

Thank you for further proving my point. You make this WAY too easy...

Thank you for further proving my point. You make this WAY too easy...

Why would I want to make it hard on you? I'm your friend :D
I enjoy reading your posts. It's adorable when you go into a little tantrum about nothing in particular.

Last edited:
Why would I want to make it hard on you? I'm your friend :D
I enjoy reading your posts. It's adorable when you go into a little tantrum about nothing in particular.

I recall you doing the same for at least two pages in the 'rarities' thread...

I recall you doing the same for at least two pages in the 'rarities' thread...

:eek:
you DO??
Tell me more! :)
I'm sure you'll oblige, it's not as if you don't love the feeling of typing a good, long diatribe about how you're 'right' about something objective so as to feel you've accomplished something on the INTERNET (f*** yeah, bro) by the time you hit 'submit reply.'

If you'd like me to provide a major difference between you and me (which I know you don't need me to -- you're clearly so much more elegant and your arguments OBVIOUSLY so much more well-formed :rolleyes:), it's that you are an angry, angry man (or woman; I thought I once saw you referenced as a 'he' but I could be wrong) who makes angry, angry post that will one day make the veins in your head burst open if you're not careful.

I don't particularly feel a need to explain my posts to you -- as long as they're not spiteful, rotten things like yours, I'm quite contented with them. I never said you didn't have a right to make arguments on here (as long as it's something that can actually be argued upon and isn't purely opinion-based). But seriously, dude, have you seen a cardiologist recently? You might consider it.

If you'd like me to provide a major difference between you and me (which I know you don't need me to -- you're clearly so much more elegant and your arguments OBVIOUSLY so much more well-formed :rolleyes:), it's that you are an angry, angry man (or woman; I thought I once saw you referenced as a 'he' but I could be wrong) who makes angry, angry post that will one day make the veins in your head burst open if you're not careful.

I don't particularly feel a need to explain my posts to you -- as long as they're not spiteful, rotten things like yours, I'm quite contented with them. I never said you didn't have a right to make arguments on here (as long as it's something that can actually be argued upon and isn't purely opinion-based). But seriously, dude, have you seen a cardiologist recently? You might consider it.

This is such a total failure, that I may as well stop now so to leave you with some dignity...

Back
Top Bottom