Can you identify this piece of classical music? (Cod...)

dallow_bg

the one he left behind
Can you tell me where this comes come exactly?

I've read it's the overture to Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet. However, there isn't an overture to this.
I think they were mistaken in the way they wrote it out, or were thinking of Tchaikovsky's famous version.

Would anyone happen to know in what act this sample comes from?
Possibly even a recommendation on a recording.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=77F32F6742DD116A

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...&key=89e0de99c84aca64c5e1be060a8db3e7b53ac809

That piece is "Dance of the Knights" from Act I, Scene 2 of Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet. :)

I have an excerpted recording (approx. 55 min.) of the ballet from the Berlin Philharmonic which I could upload, if you would like.

romeo1ti6.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Codreanu, I would like that very much.

:eek:

I have the whole thing on 2 CDs, Symphonic Orchestra of State Academic Bolshoi Theatre, conductor Gennadi Rozhdestvensky. I can upload it if you are interested.

Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet is my favourite piece of classical music! I've seen the ballet so many times!

Sister, you are too kind. I'm glad to get such a recommendation on it though.

Don't worry about uploading, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying myself a copy of it this weekend.
Thanks much again!

Hey Codreanu,
Can I ask, are you a student of music? Or, a musicologist or something of that sort? When I was in college (I graduated w/ my degrees in meteorology), I wanted to become a musicologist, music teacher or a music journalist. However, due to the real competitive nature of those fields around here and in the northern cities, I gave up. I would've LOVED to become one on bands from the 80's. I find that era fascinating and the music especially is true to my heart.

I just asked b/c you seem like you know quite a bit about music. Good luck in future endeavors if you persue it even further!

Back
Top Bottom