Can someone explain Easter please!

Easter for me as a child was always watching Ben Hur and feeling sick from the gargantuan amounts of chocolate I'd consumed.Oh my Charlton Heston in a loincloth....dreamy sigh....:rolleyes:

You should listen to the entire thing, but if you must, skip to 4:16.

God, I love David Sedaris.

"Two morsels of lumber." :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I saw a group of people carrying a great big wooden cross up a hill, followed by families and then i had my 9 year old son tell me what easter is all about. God's son jesus died on Good Friday and was buried on Saturday and was born again on Easter Sunday. But i am not really going there as i am an atheist. I do not believe that there is a god, i had this discussion with my mum as she believes in God and i say EACH TO THEIR OWN BELIEF. Happy Easter.

Easter is pointless, was only cool until high school when we got the following week off from school. I'm atheist also so I get all the crap from dad's family that I need to goto church. Whatever.

Woo Hoo Chocolate tomorrow :)

Love PTxx.

Yesterday I saw a procession led by a man wearing tatty robes and no shoes carrying a huge wooden cross along the High Street. Despite having the Christian stories drummed into me from an early age - it creeped me out.

Why wait till Sunday? Mmmmmmm chocolate...*licks fingers*

Last edited by a moderator:
i love this book too. he nice, jesus.

"He die one day and then he go above of my head to live with your father. He weared of himself the long hair and after he die the first day he come back here for to say hello to the peoples."

"He make the good things and on the Easter, we be sad because somebody makes him dead today."

Ok I understand today is Good Friday...but what does that mean I do exactly? When do I get me chocolates, is that tomorrow?

Love PTxx.

LOL get your hands on a book by David Sedaris, "Me Talk Pretty Someday" and there's this whole section where David is trying to learn French, and takes this course. He has to learn French because he'll be living there with his boyfriend. They're talking about Easter, and the responses are hilarous!

LOL get your hands on a book by David Sedaris, "Me Talk Pretty Someday" and there's this whole section where David is trying to learn French, and takes this course. He has to learn French because he'll be living there with his boyfriend. They're talking about Easter, and the responses are hilarous!

Hee hee! Watch the video clip. :D

I love David Sedaris. I got to see him at a book signing several years ago. He is hilarious.

we are a bunch of sacriledge comedians today. good thing god's got a sense of humor. he clearly does. just look at the platypus. or George Bush. Or "Microsoft Works".

we are a bunch of sacriledge comedians today. good thing god's got a sense of humor. he clearly does. just look at the platypus. or George Bush. Or "Microsoft Works".

Igzactically.

Woo Hoo Chocolate tomorrow :)

Love PTxx.
my best friends son calls it 'chocolate day'. he is obsessed with chocolate! When he was very oung (about 3) he couldn't talk properly, he couldn't move his tongue. When he went to the speech therapist, they said to dab a little chocolate spread on a spoon and hold it in front of him so he had to stick out his tongue to eat it. It worked, and since then, he's chocolate boy!

Back
Top Bottom