Can anybody provide me with further info on this vinyl?

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
The William is nothing special - a quirk of the record pressing process - not particularly collectible and only of interest to a handful of people who get worked up about martix numbers.

The MiM press looks like it is very special... following Kewpie's links to PJLM suggests it is a 12" test press worth £1200... if it is this record, then, going by the description, the seller has no idea of it's worth.

Happy bidding

Dave

Thanks Dave. Im currently after Reel around the fountain test pressing more than MiM test pressing. Do you know anyone who has a copy they may wish to sell?

The "William..." 12" is nothing unusual. The matrix number does not make this rare at all. Some people compare the matrix numbers of their copies with the ones listed in the collectors appendix and if it's any different they automatically assume they have something unusual, but it's just that their number has not yet been reported.

Stephane

I have emailed the seller of the MiM acetate a few times to ask more about the record, I don't think it is the rare test pressing, but to be honest, I've no idea what it is!

I asked about etchings in the run off groove and got this reply;
Hi there, there is an etching of lyrics in the run out groove on side B ''amid concrete and clay
And general decay, nature must still find a way'' - there are no other markings on the record mate.​

This doesn't tally with PJLM description of the run off etchings. So, I asked the seller what the catalogue / matrix number on the record was, he replied:
"i cant see any further info on the disc...i have had fifty e mails about this record...whats going on..lol "​

Given that there are no matrix numbers on the record, and a different run off etching I doubt it is the rare and valuable test pressing, but, what is it, I'm stumped!

Dave

Brilliant! I was 1 of the fifty! - here's the reply I got...

"Hi there, there is an etching of lyrics in the run out groove on side B ''amid concrete and clay
And general decay, nature must still find a way'' - there are no other markings on the record mate.

Kind regards
D"

Me to, either super rare record that know one has seen before or it's a fake (bootleg).Take your pick.

Indeed, Its a tricky one. Im winning bidder at the moment. Fingers Crossed

Any advance on this? Any idea what it is - bootleg? Ultra rare test pressing? - with 7 hours to go it is at £57...

Dave

I havent seen anything anywhere to suggest this is a legit vinyl. seems to be a bootleg Dave!

Im not going to bid any further at this point. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom