Can anybody help me?

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
Hello there,

I'm trying to view an online application form which is a Windows Word file (a .doc file) and i'm trying to view it in Adobe 9, it won't let me, it's important as well because it's for a job vacancy.

What's wrong?

Thanks very much.

I'm having this problem too.

I'm using Open Office under Linux and it won't open the file, as it needs extensions.

But when I use Open Office under XP it opens and I can fill the fields and save. I havn't tried to upload the resulting Doc yet..

I think it is about having Java goodies enabled/installed to open complex documents, that is docs with "fill in " fields.

The term OLE 2 keeps cropping up. It is also to note, this type of file is vulnerable to viruses, so always scan the file before opening.

Let me know how you get on. I'm befuddled at the moment. Trying to find the right add-ons.

*Edit found some OLE 2 add-ons for Linux Open Office using Java and it works. :)

* Silly Q, but you did save the D/L as a complete rather than "read-only" file? I've been known to... :o

How about your security settings/Anti-virus programmes? Do they block opening certain Docs because of virus threats?

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Tags
windows adobe
Back
Top Bottom