Camera Obscura

Bluebirds

Are they any good??? I'm quite taken with a songtilte of theirs called Lloyd Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken??

Are they any good??? I'm quite taken with a songtilte of theirs called Lloyd Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken??

They're great, really great...i prefer them to Belle & Seb, buy 'Let's Get Out Of This Country' and see for yourself.
Scottish indie has always been the bees knees, The Trashcan Sinatras album 'Weightlifting' is a lost classic...like their entire back catalogue.

All the best.

I think they're great, the 1st song of theirs I heard was "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken", which is one of the best pop songs this year. Their latest album is fully of sweet pop songs for grown ups. If you like Belle & Sebastian check them out.

Tracks I'd recommend:

Lloyd....
Let Me Go Home
Suspended From Class
Tears For Affairs
Modern Girl (Sheena Easton Cover)

And here's the magnificant "Eighties Fan", for anyone interested....

"Eighties Fan"

Err, it's actually 'Lloyd I'm ready to be heartbroken'! (A response, of sorts, to Lloyd Cole's timeless 'Are you ready to be heartbroken'.)

Yes, the Camera Obscura song is fantastic but I have to say I was disappointed by the album. Played it loads of times and (in my humble) there was nothing in the same league as 'Lloyd'...

Got confused with the homage obviously...

Yes, the Camera Obscura song is fantastic but I have to say I was disappointed by the album. Played it loads of times and (in my humble) there was nothing in the same league as 'Lloyd'...

But then, you're not an album's person, are you?
I really enjoyed the album. I think it is their best yet.
Razzle Dazzle Rose is a brilliant song, nearly as good if not better than Lloyd...

All 3 of their albums are worth having I would say.

They're quite good, I think, if you like Belle & Sebastian. I do reckon that Lloyd is the best song on the album, but the rest is quite nice as well.

"razzle dazzle rose" is prolly my fave song on the album and was AMAZING live. a fantastic gig, if you get the chance to see them. it's cooler amongst the arms-folded indie types to like "underachievers please try harder", their previous album, but i like "let's get out of this country" better personally. and tracyanne has the biggest blue eyes since liz fraser of cocteau twins.

scottish indie pop is indeed the bee's knees. cannae go wrong.

I case anyone hasn't heard it, here is Lloyd

I heartily agree with everyone above about this song. It's especially magic when you hear it bouncing out of a tinny car radio. But what other song does the guitar here remind me of?? :confused:

I love these songs. I have Modern girl which is okay, love the way the Scottish accent comes through on words like "New and Do".

I've only heard the first album but I think it's fantastic. I heard Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken on the opening to Hollyoaks a few days back. Which made me wonder: why are camera obscura on Hollyoaks? and WHY AM I WATCHING HOLLYOAKS?!?!

Back
Top Bottom