Calling Manchester folk

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Howdo. Me & Spouse and kids (13 and 10) want to spend a day out in Manchester. Obviously I've done all the Smiths stuff and Phill's book and so on, but I'm looking for stuff that would be of interest in particular to kids of the age above - all suggestions welcomed. Central Manchester is better.

Ta,

Peter

Yes, the kids should like Urbis. If they don't let them hang out with the Emo kids outside (there thousands of them at weekends).

Also at the University (the real one), on Oxford Road, is The Manchester Museum. It has the old mummies and egyptian stuff. (5/10 minute bus ride).

At Castlefield there is the Science & Industry Museum and the Air & Space Museum.

And the best news is, they are all FREE! (I think?)

Yes, the kids should like Urbis. If they don't let them hang out with the Emo kids outside (there thousands of them at weekends).

There were a ton of them when I was there too. Not sure why though.

Weatherspoons pub on Piccadilly allows kids in if you have a meal.
Cheap beer and cheap grub......
I will be at the bar, with my head on the bar....:D

Or educate them football wise, kids for a fiver at Manchester City FC. It's just like watching Brazil...

Jukebox Jury

The Chavs, hoodies, Council House Asbo Victims, call em what you like...:D

Jukebox Jury

the scottish pronunciation is NEDS

nedGal36.jpg

Well we went today, and had a jolly time. Recommendations used - straight to Urbis (nice Hacienda exhibition, my daughter was chuffed to bits about the upcoming Manga exhibition), then a quick phone call to Phill to confirm the whereabouts of Afflecks Palace, sadly shut on a Sunday. Thence to Portland Street for a Chinese feed-up, then on to Oxford road for the museums - yes, the mummies were very creepy.

Ta for the recommendations,

Peter

Back
Top Bottom