Calling all recent Morrissey gig goers...

Poco Innocente

A ring a ding ding
What time did you all get there? For Brum it says doors at 630 i think.

What time did Kristeen's set start and finish... and Moz come on stage this week?

Can anyone assist me with this rather useful information?

Thank you!x

KY came on about 8ish yesterday. She was off by about 8.30pm (thank god my ears were bleeding). Moz usually comes on at 9pm on the dot. Don't get there too early, it won't be that busy, so you should be able to get near the front pretty easily in the standing bit (TOP TIP - walk down one side and then move across, as opposed to trying to barge through the middle!)

Hey mate , Dont do what we did .

We arrived at 5.30ish and waited 4 ages in the cold !! Then another long wait until the loonies came on stage !!!

Kristeen's set started at 8ish and finished at 8.30 ( how many times are u gonna put me through that Moz !! )

Then we had about 30mins of the Mozza inspired "projected back drop" with all the usual qoutes and visual referneces we have come to expect from him ( A few neewbies going "what the hell is this all about " !! )

The actual gig kicked off at 9ish ( although my legs had fell off by then )
But i scored a whole left panel of his Yellow shirt so im well chuffed !

Sorry im rambling - 5.30/600 ish to be @ front - 7.45 To catch The Loonies , 8.45 MOZZA

ENJOY !!

thank you for your advice people!

Yes, KY came on stage 8:00, and Moz approx. 9:00.
Thank you Moz for booking Kristeen Young! She's the perfect start for a perfect night...

I was wondering if anyone had a big image of the Pasolini backdrop? It's a great picture.

Plus, the details of all the videos played before he comes on, would be much appreciated.:)

What time did you all get there? For Brum it says doors at 630 i think.

What time did Kristeen's set start and finish... and Moz come on stage this week?

Can anyone assist me with this rather useful information?

Thank you!x

It's 6 isn't it?
We're getting there at 4ish :]

What's the merchandise like?

yeah sorry, tickets say 6. 4pm?!?! what you going to do for 5 hours? :p

If you wanna get RIGHT AT THE FRONT ! you will need to be outside queing at at least an HOUR before DOORS OPEN , We were for Notts and got on 1st Row in the Middle.

There are still loonies out there such as meself that will stand for 60mins in the freezin cold !!

If you wanna stand CLOSE ISH !!! 3/4 peoples back , then yes you can arrive later than this , depends on how MOZZA MAD U R !!!

yeah sorry, tickets say 6. 4pm?!?! what you going to do for 5 hours? :p
Well.. queue outside for 2 hours, wait for Kristeen Young for 2 hours.. :p
It's gonna be fun, but cold!
I know people who waited outside the NEC for Muse from 11am.
I got there after the doors opened at 6 and got 3 rows from the front

timelessmelody, your avatar is beautiful. rimbaud is my dad...

and verlaine is my mom!

Thanks for all the replies to this thread. You're very helpful! I'm setting off on my own from Mid Wales at 1:00, so should be in Brum at 3:00 latest. Ample time for a beer & some food methinks, then join the queue at 5. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MOZ!!!!

"MOZZOLINI IS MEEEEEEEEE ..."

I went to Nottingham the other night and couldn't stand the racket that KY was belting out so went back to get a beer. You could get 4/5 from the stage with 10 minutes to go.

On the gig itself, I must say I was a little disappointed. Maybe its beacause I went on my own, Maybe because I only had one beer when I usually have four or five or maybe it was because the venue was terrible, sound dodgy in parts and at times the band and moz were not up to speed with each other. Moz missed the odd intro and the band seemed off key at times. HSIN sounded particularly strange to me. The venue was only about half full with tons of empty seats and plenty of room on the floor. Crowd was lively on front 2/3 rows but other than that not so. I think the problem for Moz concerts now is that very few people who go actually know any of the older stuff other than Suedehead/Everyday. Disappointed and NFD were highlights for me but most poeple around me didnt seem to know those songs! Perhaps that is one reason why Moz persists with the IBEH,FOTGTD,LMKY and 7 or 8 from new album to keep the new fans happy.

Good points were the length and content of the setlist which was good (missed Pigsty though!) although the encores of Please Please please and Daddys voice could be bettered. Moz was in very talkative mood and seemed very happy. Who was the guy who was given the mike? Moz obviously knew him as he said "Paul"

I will be at GMEX on 22nd which will be my 10th Moz gig since 97 when I started going. I would imagine that one will be a good night as Xmas night out before and after although venue sound may be a bit dodgy!

Back
Top Bottom