call to boycott morrissey

I'm not going to boycott Morrissey, or even hold it against him because it was his choice to make, but I must say that I was very disappointed when I learned he'd be playing in Israel. But, looking back at it, Morrissey's not really a "political" artist like I used to think he was back then.

f*** me, they're boring.

He played what looked like a bloody great gig, to adoring fans, in a very liberal, modern city.

What's the problem? :confused:

Luckily, I don't think anyone will be boycotting Morrissey because some idiots tell them to.

A boycott I will proudly and blatantly ignore.

I could be very wrong, but it's possible that Morrissey sees the people of a country as separate from (and at times even the victims of) their government. Although that doesn't explain his ban on Canada. (I have a feeling he saw a baby seal clubbing video or something and just has a visceral and not entirely logical need to ban that entire country now.)

But again... I could be very wrong. It's late and I'm tired.

He also tried to arrange a concert in... where was it, Saudi? Iran? I forget. Neither show should be seen as an attempt to take sides.
Could you say to your fans if you think you will give us another album soon?
yep:
Guillaume
Paris, France

I presently have the option to tour for the remainder of 2007, or start a new album. I don't have a deal, but I have an offer from Warner Brothers. At the same time, there are some great touring offers - New Zealand, South Africa, my beloved Scandinavia, Israel and Iran. I would love to sing in Tehran.
So, for this week, it's a dilemma.
http://true-to-you.net/search/node/questions

Back
Top Bottom